PIT-VGK

Trades that have been confirmed on the forum and have been reviewed and processed by the league are moved here.
Handsome&FairMike
PostsCOLON 4810
JoinedCOLON Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:41 am
LocationCOLON Wolfville, NS

PIT-VGK

Post by Handsome&FairMike »

To Pittsburgh:
MacKenzie Entwistle

To Vegas:
2024 3rd Rounder (PIT)
Brian
PostsCOLON 322
JoinedCOLON Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:12 pm

Re: PIT-VGK

Post by Brian »

Confirmed
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

Eyssimont is better
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
Handsome&FairMike
PostsCOLON 4810

Matthew wroteCOLON Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:44 am Eyssimont is better
Meh - more offense, less hits, 3 yrs older. Gimme Entwistle and potential improvement over 3 yrs all day.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

I wondered who had topped my bid...wasn't willing to offer more than my remaining 3rd rounder. I'm not actively shopping for players but I'll kick tires on some bargain buys to fill out the lineup for next year.

He seems like an intriguing piece to fill out of the bottom of the lineup since the Blackhawks will be morbidly bad for the foreseeable future.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
Handsome&FairMike
PostsCOLON 4810

Shoalzie wroteCOLON Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:18 pm I wondered who had topped my bid...wasn't willing to offer more than my remaining 3rd rounder. I'm not actively shopping for players but I'll kick tires on some bargain buys to fill out the lineup for next year.

He seems like an intriguing piece to fill out of the bottom of the lineup since the Blackhawks will be morbidly bad for the foreseeable future.
Ya my thoughts too. Likelihood of a 2024 3rd making the show when I pick is like… 0.05%
Brian
PostsCOLON 322

Post by Brian »

The probability of that pick (time-adjusted estimate) playing five years in the NHL is about 10%. Just saying.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

2018 3rd Round Picks: 41.8% played at least one game in the NHL (13 out of 31 picks)
2019 3rd Round Picks: 32.5% played at least one game in the NHL (10 out of 31 picks)
2020 3rd Round Picks: 6.4% played at least one game in the NHL (2 out of 31 picks)

We're still talking about a top 100 pick. Those aren't chump change but obviously the likelihood a pulling out a star or a steady NHLer decreases the deeper you go in the draft...we all know that.

You basically want a player in that round to turn in a full-timer or a journeyman at worst but the odds aren't entirely in your favor like a 1st or 2nd rounder. That's mostly why I've spent a 3rd rounder a roster player on several occasions. I've drafted guys like Shane Pinto and Trent Frederic in our 3rd round...anything is possible I guess.

I've yet fully research our full draft history but I'm sure our hit rates are near what the NHL does.
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136
JoinedCOLON Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Post by CasperX22 »

If you get a 100 games out of that pick I'd call it a success which the probability of is low. That said in most cases I'd rather take multiple swings on picks in this range rather than trade for guys that are unlikely to amount to anything. Entwhistle at least looks like he has a solid chance of sticking around by virtue of Chicago going full tank mode.
Brian
PostsCOLON 322

Post by Brian »

My 10% reference is based on a study I did of every top 150 draft pick for over fifty years of data. By pick, with breakdowns for 1, 3 and 5 years of NHL service, adjusted for expansion. The same study incorporates a risk-adjustment for Goals Above Replacement by pick position, which I use to evaluate pick values (ie, a 15th versus a 45th needs what compensation, etc.).
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177
JoinedCOLON Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 am

Post by Bruyns »

Brian wroteCOLON Mon Mar 06, 2023 1:36 pm The probability of that pick (time-adjusted estimate) playing five years in the NHL is about 10%. Just saying.
I think Mike was poking fun at his own drafting abilities.
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177
JoinedCOLON Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 am

Post by Bruyns »

Brian wroteCOLON Mon Mar 06, 2023 1:58 pm My 10% reference is based on a study I did of every top 150 draft pick for over fifty years of data. By pick, with breakdowns for 1, 3 and 5 years of NHL service, adjusted for expansion. The same study incorporates a risk-adjustment for Goals Above Replacement by pick position, which I use to evaluate pick values (ie, a 15th versus a 45th needs what compensation, etc.).
The wrinkle with this league is we draft prior to the NHL draft so our 3rd round picks have even more volatility. You might draft someone who goes in the late 1st or you might take a guy who goes undrafted.
Brian
PostsCOLON 322

Post by Brian »

Good point. Still, in the two drafts I've done here, it seems like everyone does a pretty good job. The picks aren't wholly inconsistent with actual draft results.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

I want to add other data to these sheets but I've at least got the GP included to at least indicate with players have appeared in an NHL game. This goes back to 2014. Our previous drafts haven't been fully "converted" to work in my Google database.

I'd like to do breakout reports from these based on certain criteria. The 100 GP mark is a good measuring stick. See what our "hit rate" is with picks.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to