NHL Transactions, Injuries & Rumours

Anything goes here OT stuff is OK too!
BUTTON_POST_REPLY
armandtanzarian

Re: NHL Transactions - Injuries and More Injuries

Post by armandtanzarian »

Max Sauve and Lane McDermid sent down by Boston. That means Jordan Caron, Benoit Pouliot and Chris Clark will battle for 2 roster positions. Bye bye Clark, Whitfield can do your job...
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Lee »

Best comment on twitter:

Cody Franson can play 15 mins a night for a 99 point team, but can't beat out Mike Komisarek for the 6th D spot?

Just typical of how the team is run. Your ice time is based on your salary, not on your actual level of play.
bills09
PostsCOLON 9280
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:10 pm
LocationCOLON Pickering, Ontario

Post by bills09 »

so many negatice nancys
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:15 am

Post by Nick »

Kezia wroteCOLONBest comment on twitter:

Cody Franson can play 15 mins a night for a 99 point team, but can't beat out Mike Komisarek for the 6th D spot?

Just typical of how the team is run. Your ice time is based on your salary, not on your actual level of play.

I thought he did?
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828

Post by Lee »

Wilson said he is the 7th d.

Wilson on radio said "Cody Franson starts as the Leafs seventh defenceman. Pairings: Gunnarsson-Phaneuf. Liles-Schenn. Gardiner-Komisarek"
bills09
PostsCOLON 9280

Post by bills09 »

Kezia wroteCOLONWilson said he is the 7th d.

Wilson on radio said "Cody Franson starts as the Leafs seventh defenceman. Pairings: Gunnarsson-Phaneuf. Liles-Schenn. Gardiner-Komisarek"
There will be a trade at some point im not worried.
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044

Post by Nick »

Gunnerson-Phaneuf....wtf

also thought it was good practice to ease a rookie into the show...not put him next to a scrizz like Komi.

man so many NHL coaches make me shake my head - especially when things seem as obvious as Komi being a liability every time he's on the ice. On the RS I thought Cody looked awesome.
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828

Post by Lee »

No one has ever said that Ron Wilson has half a clue of how to coach a hockey team.
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by Shep »

I thought Franson was kinda "meh" in the preseason.
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

There was no guarantee that Franson was going to get top minutes, and even as a Leaf fan myself I know how hyped we get when we get youngsters via a trade, and think world of them especially if it was a good deal. I knew from the get-go he wouldn't be prioritized in our system. After hearing Wilson say aside from Phaneuf and Liles, the rest of 4 spots are to be filled on a tryout basis, and that nobody is guaranteed a spot, I figured Komi would be out but as many have found out it is salary and ice time that runs proportionally.

Even still, I'm personally ecstatic for Gunnarson's given opportunity with Phaneuf on the first pairing. I've watched him all preseason and as much as I could last season, and he has the tools to make this season through barring injury. He's highly underrated imo, as he has great sense on the ice with decent creativity and actually know when and how to throw the puck to the net for scoring chances.
shooker
PostsCOLON 4382
JoinedCOLON Thu May 13, 2010 11:05 am

Post by shooker »

Shep wroteCOLONI thought Franson was kinda "meh" in the preseason.
This. couldn't agree more

IMO Aulie should be in there over both Komi and Franson. I feel although way less skilled than Franson, he is way more reliable.

Feel sorry for Gardiner, kid is a gem but is going to be exposed night in and out because of Komi. Hopefully for Jake's sake Komi gets traded.
bills09
PostsCOLON 9280

Post by bills09 »

Aulie is waiver exempt.
main reason he went down, and im sure they told him that.
shooker
PostsCOLON 4382
JoinedCOLON Thu May 13, 2010 11:05 am

Post by shooker »

bills09 wroteCOLONAulie is waiver exempt.
Totally get that and I agree that is 100% of the reason he is not in the line up. I just think that he should be the one getting that ice time.
Chris
PostsCOLON 3619
JoinedCOLON Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:06 pm

Post by Chris »

shooker wroteCOLON
Shep wroteCOLONI thought Franson was kinda "meh" in the preseason.
This. couldn't agree more

IMO Aulie should be in there over both Komi and Franson. I feel although way less skilled than Franson, he is way more reliable.

Feel sorry for Gardiner, kid is a gem but is going to be exposed night in and out because of Komi. Hopefully for Jake's sake Komi gets traded.
Aulie was pretty disappointing in the preseason. A lot of the success he had last year was due to "luck" and reliable goaltending. Lost in your post is the absence of Aulie's sound positional play -- he seemed less mobile and it reflected in his inability to recover from mistakes. I don't doubt his abilities, but I think some time in the minors will help him.
bills09
PostsCOLON 9280

Post by bills09 »

shooker wroteCOLON
bills09 wroteCOLONAulie is waiver exempt.
Totally get that and I agree that is 100% of the reason he is not in the line up. I just think that he should be the one getting that ice time.
Agreed, but until a trade can be made it has to be done.
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044

Post by Nick »

Cuntacular Chris wroteCOLON Aulie was pretty disappointing in the preseason. A lot of the success he had last year was due to "luck" and reliable goaltending. Lost in your post is the absence of Aulie's sound positional play -- he seemed less mobile and it reflected in his inability to recover from mistakes. I don't doubt his abilities, but I think some time in the minors will help him.

1st pre-season game sure... he was beast in his final game versus detroit.
Chris
PostsCOLON 3619
JoinedCOLON Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:06 pm

Post by Chris »

Nick wroteCOLON
Cuntacular Chris wroteCOLON Aulie was pretty disappointing in the preseason. A lot of the success he had last year was due to "luck" and reliable goaltending. Lost in your post is the absence of Aulie's sound positional play -- he seemed less mobile and it reflected in his inability to recover from mistakes. I don't doubt his abilities, but I think some time in the minors will help him.

1st pre-season game sure... he was beast in his final game versus detroit.

I don't think one preseason game can make up for a bunch of mediocre ones. I also thought he was pretty bad on the second goal. While Reimer didn't plant a pivot on his right skate to push over quickly enough, Aulie essentially got burned by a speedier forward instead of using his considerable containment skills to prevent the wraparound. It was a terrible brain fart by Aulie.
hong57
PostsCOLON 7106
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:38 pm

Post by hong57 »

Gardiner plays 9 games then aulie gets call up :D
#91 - John Tavares
hong57
PostsCOLON 7106
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:38 pm

Post by hong57 »