Finally going to do the whole smart phone thing...

Anything goes here OT stuff is OK too!
hong57
PostsCOLON 7106
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:38 pm

Re: Finally going to do the whole smart phone thing...

Post by hong57 »

Nick wroteCOLONOn iPhone4 here... it's so problem free and easy to use as a non-technie I'd never consider switching.
finally something we agree on
#91 - John Tavares
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:15 am

Post by Nick »

hong57 wroteCOLON
Nick wroteCOLONOn iPhone4 here... it's so problem free and easy to use as a non-technie I'd never consider switching.
finally something we agree on

Honger you're a good show... I didn't know we disagreed on anything either?
inferno31
PostsCOLON 1805
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:15 pm
LocationCOLON NYC

Post by inferno31 »

I'm actually looking to switch to the Galaxy SII, heard amazing things about it and it looks awesome. Blackberry to be honest is slowly dying, too far behind in both hardware and software on their devices. I'd have gotten rid of mine already if it wasn't for BBM. I need something snappier for medical apps now though, and it'll either be an android or iphone for me.
Roster
Dutch Dreams
PostsCOLON 10
JoinedCOLON Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:18 pm

Post by Dutch Dreams »

The question is why do you feel you want one? It seems you're primarily into the culture, rather than the technical distinction, of a smartphone, and if that is the case, then the iPhone is kitsch. The Android has that real innovative, up-and-coming google, human revolution vibe to it, so it's about as cool.

I myself use a Pearl. I had had one before (8130??), and received the newest model (9100??) upon renewing my contract on offer last summer. Initially I just liked that it was a compact phone, and I just got another one when I renewed because I was familiar with the texting. Never real into the huge, and usually touch-screen phones. Had no idea how I would react to texting on a touch-screen, and the slide-out keyboard phones have always been ugly as sin. I always told myself that I wanted a high-power camera and speakers, as I definitely utilize my phone for media, but when it actually came down to renewing, again, I deferred to just comfort with texting, which is primarily how I use it. That, and talking, so a small phone was always cool as well.
Chris
PostsCOLON 3619
JoinedCOLON Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:06 pm

Post by Chris »

I just rerooted my Milestone (four times), installed the new firmware (three times), and managed to upgrade to the Android v2.3.4, and Cyanogen(mod) 7.1.0rc3. So much hairpulling involved. Worth the trouble though. Goddamn, my phone's sexy now.
tyler
PostsCOLON 1458
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 8:00 pm
LocationCOLON Vancouver, BC.

Post by tyler »

Mash wroteCOLON
hockeysense wroteCOLONI'm so stupid sometimes.
sometimes?
Zing!
anton
PostsCOLON 7111
JoinedCOLON Mon May 10, 2010 10:03 pm
LocationCOLON Orange County

Post by anton »

got a samsung galaxy s i9000 couple days ago. im fuckin addicted already. this is bad news.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to