NHL Transactions, Injuries & Rumours

Anything goes here OT stuff is OK too!
BUTTON_POST_REPLY
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:15 am

Re: NHL Transactions - Injuries and More Injuries

Post by Nick »

That whole broken wrist and bad string of nothing injuries kinda set jordan back the last 1 1/2 years... but seriously Kareem - Kules has never scored more then 57 and that was this past year when he was 24. I love him in BEASTMODE, but common guys, Jordan Staal has everything aside from true speed.
bills09
PostsCOLON 9280
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:10 pm
LocationCOLON Pickering, Ontario

Post by bills09 »

Jordan Staal is still only 22 years old give the kid a break, big players take longer to develop
Chris
PostsCOLON 3619
JoinedCOLON Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:06 pm

Post by Chris »

When Staal can do this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z9_OgyX5aw[/youtube]

Or this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vbcMLdr2V4[/youtube]

Then I'll consider him a better player, let alone play-maker, which is what a scoring centre SHOULD be.
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 4:22 pm
LocationCOLON Mississauga, Ontario
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

Nick wroteCOLONsorry, consistent 20+ goals is impressive, one of the premier 2 way centres (IMO) and his line-mates aren't exactly studs. Just 22 years old as well.
He's had his chances to play with better players, the Pens have tried Malkin on the wing with Sid (ALOT) and Staal on the second line, as well as moving Staal to the wing for parts of his first two seasons, but Staal failed to dominate like his supporters suggest he should. The PP time cannot be attributed for his lack of production either, Staal has had ample pp opportunity since entering the league:

2006-07: 1:12 PPTOI/G
2007-08: 1:31 PPTOI/G
2008-09: 2:19 PPTO/G
2009-10: 1:54 PPTOI/G
2010-11: 3:09 PPTOI/G

And despite playing top line and on the top pp unit for most of his tenure last season, Staal only managed 30 points in 42 regular season games, and 3 points in 7 playoff games. That doesn't scream limitless potential to me...

Like I mentioned above, Jordan Staal and Nikolai Kulemin are very similar players, it is foolish to label one a clear cut better player than the other based on observable performance.
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

Nick wroteCOLONThat whole broken wrist and bad string of nothing injuries kinda set jordan back the last 1 1/2 years... but seriously Kareem - Kules has never scored more then 57 and that was this past year when he was 24. I love him in BEASTMODE, but common guys, Jordan Staal has everything aside from true speed.
You are overrating Jordan Staal, I will not "come on."

And to respond to your first comment, Staal has NEVER scored more than 39, so Kules 57 is looking pretty damn good.
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:15 am

Post by Nick »

Staal's got some records to his name, and has led the league is shorties at least once.

Not like he lacks clutch goals, or beauties.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKHRYu9Lrbs[/youtube]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-jI3SjPqHQ[/youtube]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-zeL0eM ... re=related[/youtube]
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLONMost non-Leafs fans think every player on the Leafs is shit, and that Jordan Staal is a first line center...

And to clarify, I never questioned that you had an opinion, I questioned the basis for it, which is none.
lol, of course, i woke up one morning and just thought J.Staal was better than Kulemin. I didn't even state that in this thread btw.
Shep wroteCOLON Can't wait for Kulemin to have an even better season this year and out-point Kessel. Then maybe people will realize how good he is :D
funny to be quoted like this when several years ago, when you probably had yet to see Kulemin play, i run into problems on HF for saying Kulemin was a legit NHL 2nd liner in the making.
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

kyuss wroteCOLONlol, of course, i woke up one morning and just thought J.Staal was better than Kulemin. I didn't even state that in this thread btw.
No one said that...
kyuss wroteCOLONfunny to be quoted like this when several years ago, when you probably had yet to see Kulemin play, i run into problems on HF for saying Kulemin was a legit NHL 2nd liner in the making.
As usual, you are wrong. Most Leafs fans (with the exclusion of a small minority) thought Kulemin would develop into a top liner, nevermind a second liner. The hype behind Kulemin, and his RSL MVP season was as big as any Leafs prospect I have ever seen, including Schenn and Kadri. If you ran into problems, it was with other fanbases, not the Leafs, it was during that time that I was an HF regular btw.

If anything, I would wager your comments were late. Kulemin was literally a hot topic on HF since his pre draft season when he dominated the WJC, and Mess "discovered him."
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

Nick wroteCOLON Also I love Kulemin, would be a money fit for Pitts, next to Geno (ruined the RSL together).
and this is one of those legend some guy started around the net and became 'truth' out of nowhere.

It was in fact one of those arguments they were bringing on against Kulemin, that he got his success off Malkin, when actually i think they played on the same line less than 15 games in the whole season.
And Kulemin didn't ruin anything that yr, he recorded 13 pts.
Last edited by 1 on kyuss, edited 0 times in total.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLON As usual, you are wrong. Most Leafs fans (with the exclusion of a small minority) thought Kulemin would develop into a top liner, nevermind a second liner. The hype behind Kulemin, and his RSL MVP season was as big as any Leafs prospect I have ever seen, including Schenn and Kadri. If you ran into problems, it was with other fanbases, not the Leafs, it was during that time that I was an HF regular btw.
lol, i never said that it was with Leafs fans.. i don't think i've ever cared about the HF Leafs board.
If anything, I would wager your comments were late. Kulemin was literally a hot topic on HF since his pre draft season when he dominated the WJC, and Mess "discovered him."
my comments were so late that Kulemin was not even a Leafs prospect back then.. keep trying though :lol:
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

kyuss wroteCOLON
Nick wroteCOLON Also I love Kulemin, would be a money fit for Pitts, next to Geno (ruined the RSL together).
and this is one of those legend some guy started around the net and became 'truth' out of nowhere.

It was in fact one of those arguments they were bringing on against Kulemin, that he got his success off Malkin, when actually i think they played on the same line less than 15 games in the whole season.
I have a book on this, written by Dave King (the head coach at the time), and he explicitly stated that Kulemin was a fixture on Malkins line ES because of his defensive play and ability to compliment Malkin.

But yes, Kulemin dominated the year after Malkin left Magnitogorsk.
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by Shep »

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLONBut yes, Kulemin dominated the year after Malkin left Magnitogorsk.
Which is why many hyped up Kulemin, because he never rode any coattails of Malkin.
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLON
kyuss wroteCOLON

I have a book on this, written by Dave King (the head coach at the time), and he explicitly stated that Kulemin was a fixture on Malkins line ES because of his defensive play and ability to compliment Malkin.
yeah, he was a fixture on that line.. when he played on it.
I think it was like only half of his season.. i had been following Malkin's games as much as i could since the year before Kulemin broke into the league, so i ended up watching several games of the 05/06 season where Kulemin was not on Malkin's line.
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

kyuss wroteCOLONlol, i never said that it was with Leafs fans.. i don't think i've ever cared about the HF Leafs board.
Then why bring it up, and in response to Shep no less?
kyuss wroteCOLONmy comments were so late that Kulemin was not even a Leafs prospect back then.. keep trying though :lol:
So you were a proponent of Kulemin before he was even recognized, and playing on Magnitogorsk's second team..? Keep digging Mik.

P.S. The WJC I am reffering to was before Kulemin was drafted...
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

kyuss wroteCOLON
MSP4LYFE wroteCOLON
kyuss wroteCOLON

yeah, he was a fixture on that line.. when he played on it.
I think it was like only half of his season.. i had been following Malkin's games as much as i could since the year before Kulemin broke into the league, so i ended up watching several games of the 05/06 season where Kulemin was not on Malkin's line.
No arguments there, Kulemin wasn't given much ice time initially (also reported by King in that book). It was towards the end of the season that he was given opportunity with Malkin. Admittedly, it wasn't until the following season that I caught Magnitogorsk games. Prior to that my only exposure to Kulemin was the WJC, and written articles and scouting reports.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLON
kyuss wroteCOLONlol, i never said that it was with Leafs fans.. i don't think i've ever cared about the HF Leafs board.
Then why bring it up, and in response to Shep no less?
because his post happened to be quoting me
http://bbkl.ca/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=722& ... 320#p62239
which sounded ironic for me.. and my reply to shep was not meant to attack him anyway.
MSP4LYFE wroteCOLONSo you were a proponent of Kulemin before he was even recognized, and playing on Magnitogorsk's second team..? Keep digging Mik.
i see you liked that quote i threw at you some time ago :)
you should make better use of it though!
MSP4LYFE wroteCOLONP.S. The WJC I am reffering to was before Kulemin was drafted...
you were talking about Leafs fans hyping him... and they weren't doing so before he was drafted by the Leafs lol.. so i was obv talking about Kulemin first RSL season (his draft yr)
Scott
PostsCOLON 7701
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:21 pm
LocationCOLON London, Ontario

Post by Scott »

Kulemin's a beast

/the end

BACK-TO-BACK BBKL CHAMPIONS!!! 2009-2010 & 2010-2011
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

kyuss wroteCOLONyou were talking about Leafs fans hyping him... and they weren't doing so before he was drafted by the Leafs lol.. so i was obv talking about Kulemin first RSL season (his draft yr)
Believe it or not they were, a prominent Leafs poster at the time (Mess) claimed to have discovered Kulemin following the WJC, and that lead to ALOT of hype even before the Leafs selected him.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLON
kyuss wroteCOLONyou were talking about Leafs fans hyping him... and they weren't doing so before he was drafted by the Leafs lol.. so i was obv talking about Kulemin first RSL season (his draft yr)
Believe it or not they were, a prominent Leafs poster at the time (Mess) claimed to have discovered Kulemin following the WJC, and that lead to ALOT of hype even before the Leafs selected him.
oh, had no idea about that, as i said never followed the Leafs board.
Scott
PostsCOLON 7701
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:21 pm
LocationCOLON London, Ontario

Post by Scott »

If Burke wouldn't move Kulemin to acquire Mike Richards then there's absolutely no way he'd move him for Jordan Staal.

BACK-TO-BACK BBKL CHAMPIONS!!! 2009-2010 & 2010-2011
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to