TOR/WSH - Russian Roulette

Trades that have been confirmed on the forum and have been reviewed and processed by the league are moved here.
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 2:04 pm

Re: TOR/WSH - Russian Roulette

Post by Shep »

A 34 goal rookie campaign (granted he was an older rookie), is fucking ballin.
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
Robin Hood
PostsCOLON 13589
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:09 pm

Post by Robin Hood »

Shep wroteCOLONA 34 goal rookie campaign (granted he was an older rookie), is fucking ballin.
Out of Grabner, Skinner and Couture, I'd say Grabner is most likely to slump. His speed is ridiculous though. If he becomes a consistent 30 goal guy, it will be on being able to use that speed. Problem is that's his main weapon. And it can be neutralized.
Scott
PostsCOLON 7701
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:21 pm
LocationCOLON London, Ontario

Post by Scott »

SuperMario wroteCOLON
Shep wroteCOLONA 34 goal rookie campaign (granted he was an older rookie), is fucking ballin.
Out of Grabner, Skinner and Couture, I'd say Grabner is most likely to slump. His speed is ridiculous though. If he becomes a consistent 30 goal guy, it will be on being able to use that speed. Problem is that's his main weapon. And it can be neutralized.
There you go Shep.. you can expect a huge year from Grabner because Shiv thinks he's likely to slump..

BACK-TO-BACK BBKL CHAMPIONS!!! 2009-2010 & 2010-2011
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901

Post by Shep »

SuperMario wroteCOLON
This response completely ignores Grabners shot. It's his speed PLUS his shot that will have him easily score 30 and flirt with 40 with a healthy campaign.
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
Robin Hood
PostsCOLON 13589
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:09 pm

Post by Robin Hood »

Shep wroteCOLON
SuperMario wroteCOLON
This response completely ignores Grabners shot. It's his speed PLUS his shot that will have him easily score 30 and flirt with 40 with a healthy campaign.
I'm not sold yet. Too one dimensional to convince me after one season.
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:15 am

Post by Nick »

Shocking sequence here

a) still don't know what I think of the trade, mostly be because filatov had me totally confused. Went from one of my favourite prospects, to a completely typical Russian - but I feel like he's just acting ...change of scenery might have happened soon enough?

b) couturier is a NHL type prospect for sure. Ready to be a pro, seriously underrated skills (now). Not a long shot to be in Calder talks.

c) I'm with shiv, no prospect is more likely to bust then grabber. Please god not fowler.

d) I enjoyed Kareem joke.
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901

Post by Shep »

Couturier won't make the team.

Who does he beat out? He won't be playing on the 4th line.

Voracek
Jagr
Giroux
Briere
Hartnell
Simmonds
vanRiemsdyk
Schenn
Talbot
Nodl
Betts
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
Dutch Dreams
PostsCOLON 10
JoinedCOLON Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:18 pm

Post by Dutch Dreams »

When I first saw Grabner what I was actually most impressed by was his ability to read and anticipate the play in the offensive zone. His speed to me was more of an afterthought, as his primary ability as a hockey player was clearly his offensive hockey sense. His speed obviously helps him out in this regard, as he's able to explode into plays he sees developing, or create one on his own when he sees a little space open up, but ya it's his thinking of the game that even allows him to use it so effectively. He has speed, but also knows how to use it. In this one may clearly see the difference between Grabner and say, a guy like Stalberg.
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 pm
LocationCOLON San Juan, Puerto Rico

Post by The BBKL Insider »

Shep wroteCOLON
SuperMario wroteCOLON
I'm with shep on this one, anyone who has played hockey before knows that trying to shutdown a speedy forward might be one of the hardest things to do.

I hated those little fast facks, they are zero fun to try and stop when they have a lot of open ice.
Mike
Test 2
PostsCOLON 11390
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 7:08 pm

Post by Mike »

Shep wroteCOLONCouturier won't make the team.

Who does he beat out? He won't be playing on the 4th line.

Voracek
Jagr
Giroux
Briere
Hartnell
Simmonds
vanRiemsdyk
Schenn
Talbot
Nodl
Betts
The man speaks truth. Next year.