Anything goes here OT stuff is OK too!
BUTTON_POST_REPLY
Mike
Test 2
PostsCOLON 11390
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 7:08 pm

Re: NHL Transactions, Injuries & Rumours

Post by Mike »

refresh my mammaries, was that the mtl game?
CAM
PostsCOLON 3734
JoinedCOLON Fri May 24, 2013 5:42 pm

Post by CAM »

Niklas Svedberg 1 yr @ 600 k

400k cap savings baby....

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=723566
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:15 am

Post by Nick »

Damn that's a nice deal.
CAM
PostsCOLON 3734

Post by CAM »

Well, it all but guarantees he will be the backup which mean Johnson will go elsewhere and therefor creates another asset for me. He was pretty good for Boston this year and i wont let him go for late first especially since i got burned by Khudobin.
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

is it just CAM always getting lucky? or did he, in the last year and a half, experience absolutely miraculous turnout for all his minor system guys to actually make contender piece-like productions without losing anything else in his core? (like those young boston fuckers like bartkowski/riley smith). All he did was just trade for them and keep them around for 2 years...

like, how can I get lucky with a franchise like that
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:15 am

Post by Nick »

CAM wroteCOLONWell, it all but guarantees he will be the backup which mean Johnson will go elsewhere and therefor creates another asset for me. He was pretty good for Boston this year and i wont let him go for late first especially since i got burned by Khudobin.

LOL, looking at another goalie holdout eh?

Has to be the worst aspect of the BBKL - proud that I've stayed a mile away from it, give away backups like the useless pieces they are and have only had to deal with Kareem & others who treated them the same.
CAM
PostsCOLON 3734

Post by CAM »

Nick wroteCOLON
CAM wroteCOLONWell, it all but guarantees he will be the backup which mean Johnson will go elsewhere and therefor creates another asset for me. He was pretty good for Boston this year and i wont let him go for late first especially since i got burned by Khudobin.

Has to be the worst aspect of the BBKL - proud that I've stayed a mile away from it, give away backups like the useless pieces they are and have only had to deal with Kareem & others who treated them the same.
No, I'm not that guy. It does suck but i would say it is even worse to manage goalies from two different teams.
CAM
PostsCOLON 3734

Post by CAM »

kimmer wroteCOLONis it just CAM always getting lucky? or did he, in the last year and a half, experience absolutely miraculous turnout for all his minor system guys to actually make contender piece-like productions without losing anything else in his core? (like those young boston fuckers like bartkowski/riley smith). All he did was just trade for them and keep them around for 2 years...

like, how can I get lucky with a franchise like that
A bit of luck in regards to Reilly Smith but knowledge with Bartkowski and luck(bad luck for real B's) with Seidenberg being injured to give him the time. Isn't that the whole idea though? Trade or draft youth and hope they turn out in stead of constantly trading on high hopes and predictions? Look at Spooner, I have had him for quite some time and i'll be damned if i trade him before i know he has had his fair shot and I can value him properly. I have made the mistake in the past and it will always haunt me. (Brad Marchand + 2nd for Stefan Elliot) yea...fuck me right...ughh. Still hurts to even type that and for it to be with Frank of all guys. :evil:
CAM
PostsCOLON 3734

Post by CAM »

CAM wroteCOLONNiklas Svedberg 1 yr @ 600 k

400k cap savings baby....

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=723566
Dirty....ughh...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7u26iYpO5k#t=42[/youtube]
thom54
PostsCOLON 7459
JoinedCOLON Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:00 pm
LocationCOLON Kingston, ON

Post by thom54 »

Nick wroteCOLON

UHG, Tim Thomas should just backup Rinne and make my life easier. Fuck.
Arian The Insider
PostsCOLON 7304
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:05 pm

Post by Arian The Insider »

I rock 2 backups it's legit
Click Oilers image below for full team roster
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Lee »

Scott Hartnell is a classy motherfucker.

Monk
PostsCOLON 1762
JoinedCOLON Wed May 05, 2010 2:03 pm

Post by Monk »

CAM wroteCOLON
Nick wroteCOLON

No, I'm not that guy. It does suck but i would say it is even worse to manage goalies from two different teams.
Don't forget I gave you svedberg for peanuts , I could have pushed for more but I didn't.. if I've already dealt with someone reasonably I would expect the same courtesy to be returned, a late 1st for a backup is pretty fair imo
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177
JoinedCOLON Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 am

Post by Bruyns »

For a 28 year old Johnson, who had his numbers inflated by the stingy Bs D I would say it is more than fair.

I think it depends on trading relationships, if the GM has been good to deal with in the past then I have no problems trying to work something out that helps both parties. If the GM is someone who has been difficult and asked unfair prices for assets in the past then a GM wanting to return the favour and play hard ball with them could be viewed as karma.
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 pm
LocationCOLON San Juan, Puerto Rico

Post by The BBKL Insider »

ideally for me i'd want something like this to happen:

Reimer to get traded to philly for Emery's rights, then nick and i could do a straight flip of shitty backup goalies.

it gets complicated when you have to make 3+ trades to flip backups around.
thom54
PostsCOLON 7459
JoinedCOLON Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:00 pm
LocationCOLON Kingston, ON

Post by thom54 »

It also gets complicated when the system has revolving backups, as they're all shitty.
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628

According to Chris Johnson of Sportsnet, Nikolai Kulemin and Dave Bolland are likely to test free agency. Meanwhile, the Leafs have begun negotiations on a possible 2-year deal with Jake Gardiner for a cap hit between $2.2M and $3.0M.
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628

The BBKL Insider wroteCOLON
According to Chris Johnson of Sportsnet, Nikolai Kulemin and Dave Bolland are likely to test free agency. Meanwhile, the Leafs have begun negotiations on a possible 2-year deal with Jake Gardiner for a cap hit between $2.2M and $3.0M.
Big fan of this ^

let kulemin and bolland walk, re-up Jake
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

Why are you entertained by these kinda puddle sized micro-decisions i mean shit if my team was LAK i wud jus let that kinda nonsense talk slide thru my ears cuz i trust in my teams GM and ownership to make the righr decision... But i mean goddamn... We have to sit here and go "nice decision-making skills leafs front!" every fucking time they take months to decide finally mayyyyybe its not a good idea to continue talks with a guy who wants 5+ mil x 8 yrs whom, also in which never plays over 30 games per season/3rd line centre? Jesus
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Lee »

Because we know more than paid professionals, obviously.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to