BUTTON_POST_REPLY
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Re: NHL Transactions, Injuries & Rumours

Post by Shoalzie »

The Wings had to be "creative" with the cap...Nyquist was sent down and Helm and Eaves went on LTIR. You probably don't see Nyquist up until they free up a roster spot via trade. Emmerton got waived but wasn't sent down with the injuries. Ouellet is on the opening night roster but probably won't play. Coreau will backup Howard...Mrazek went down to Grand Rapids.

http://www.freep.com/article/20130930/S ... av-nyquist
Forwards

Henrik Zetterberg - Pavel Datsyuk - Justin Abdelkader

Johan Franzen - Stephen Weiss - Daniel Alfredsson

Todd Bertuzzi - Joakim Andersson - Daniel Cleary

Drew Miller - Cory Emmerton - Mikael Samuelsson

Tomas Tatar

Defensemen

Jonathan Ericsson - Niklas Kronwall

Brendan Smith - Kyle Quincey

Jakub Kindl - Danny DeKeyser

Brian Lashoff

Xavier Ouellet

Goaltenders

Jimmy Howard

Jared Coreau

Injured reserve

Jordin Tootoo

Jonas Gustavsson

Darren Helm (long term)

Patrick Eaves (long term)
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
Mike
Test 2
PostsCOLON 11390
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 7:08 pm

Post by Mike »

Darren Dreger @DarrenDreger now
Kessel deal is 8 years,aprox $8 mil per. Believed to include ltd no-trade. It's not complete..not signed, but announcement expected today.

awww yeah
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

Post by KapG »

Mike wroteCOLONDarren Dreger @DarrenDreger now
Kessel deal is 8 years,aprox $8 mil per. Believed to include ltd no-trade. It's not complete..not signed, but announcement expected today.

awww yeah

maaaaaaaan that is such good news. We'd be fucked without him lol
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 pm
LocationCOLON San Juan, Puerto Rico

Post by The BBKL Insider »

Excellent

Kessel is undervalued around the league.

He's in the same class as giroux who just signed for 8.25
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177
JoinedCOLON Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 am

Post by Bruyns »

Great news! It would have been a media circus this season if he had no contract extension. The speculation and rumours about him testing the free agent market would have been annoying to deal with.
Mike
Test 2
PostsCOLON 11390
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 7:08 pm

Post by Mike »

TSNBobMcKenzie 2m
Kessel's extension AAV with TOR will be $8M. There's a signing bonus up front and another one in what would be a potential lockout year.
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628

good

lots of leaf fans happy, lots of leaf haters crying 'overpaid'

that all said, Kessel turned a page the past 2 seasons, playing a hard 2 way game and still scoreing at a PPG pace. Guy is an elite talent and a better player than both Getz and Perry, who both make more than he does.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

Fair Deals Steve wroteCOLONExcellent

what?
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628

kyuss wroteCOLON
Fair Deals Steve wroteCOLONExcellent

what?
in the last 2 seasons the only guy to outscore Kessel is Stamkos

-per tsn

None leaf fans completely undervalue what he brings to the table. Guy is a class act and a superstar on the ice, without him on the ice our forwards look out of place - see the last 3 reg season games.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

i don't think you can find many who share your sentiment that he is as good as Giroux..

well, at least outside of Leafs fans :)
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628

kyuss wroteCOLONi don't think you can find many who share your sentiment that he is as good as Giroux..

well, at least outside of Leafs fans :)
The thing is, as leaf fans we're use to overvaluing our players and having other fans undervalue.

But when it comes to logic and statistics i dont know how anyone can argue Kessel's worth. He's outscored a lot of guys making more money than him.

from his draft class he is only 2nd in points to Nik Backstrom (WSH) and only by 30 points, he has 100 more points than giroux and even 8 more points than Toews.
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by Shep »

Anybody that doesn't watch Phil Kessel 82+ games a year will continue to undervalue him.

Kessel was much more feisty and aggressive last year. He wasn't initiating contact or anything but he was shying away far less often. He'd actually try and get the puck out of the corner instead of doing the one-hand poke.

He'll once again finish Top 10 in points and Top 10 in goals.
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
Arian The Insider
PostsCOLON 7304
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:05 pm

Post by Arian The Insider »

Good deal for Kessel considering how much some other guys who aren't as skilled make. Phaneuf up next. I hope to god we don't overpay but I think it probably happens
Click Oilers image below for full team roster
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628

Arian wroteCOLONGood deal for Kessel considering how much some other guys who aren't as skilled make. Phaneuf up next. I hope to god we don't overpay but I think it probably happens
TSN speculated this

5 years @ 6.5 per
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

lol kyuss just got owned in this argument. thats what you get for living in italy. /you don't watch him every game
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:15 am

Post by Nick »

I do not believe Kessel is in the same realm as Giroux/Toews - but he's very different from either of them.

Pure scorers get paid, Vanek as a nice example. Neither he nor Phil have anything close to a complete game, but they are exceptional skills and get paid a lot for it. I hate Kessel's game and I do watch every single one FWIW. But comparable contracts he's easily worth this.

Career stats are a silly comparison IMO, I want someone to be paid for what they are doing for us, not what they did, not for what they might one day do; and I believe that is what Phil is getting - he's going to be our #1 or #2 scorer for a while yet, and he should be top 10 in goals top 15 in points for some time. Not a great contract, but not an over-payment either.
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

Post by KapG »

Man...really good interview with Torts on TSN right now. Probably going to end soon though.
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628

Nick wroteCOLONI do not believe Kessel is in the same realm as Giroux/Toews - but he's very different from either of them.

Pure scorers get paid, Vanek as a nice example. Neither he nor Phil have anything close to a complete game, but they are exceptional skills and get paid a lot for it. I hate Kessel's game and I do watch every single one FWIW. But comparable contracts he's easily worth this.

Career stats are a silly comparison IMO, I want someone to be paid for what they are doing for us, not what they did, not for what they might one day do; and I believe that is what Phil is getting - he's going to be our #1 or #2 scorer for a while yet, and he should be top 10 in goals top 15 in points for some time. Not a great contract, but not an over-payment either.
You hate Kessels game

You hate Fransons game

You love Gardiners game

i'm just trying to figure out what type of game you like?

Kessel played a fantastic 2 way game last year, sure he didn't PK a ton, or toss a lot of hits, but he backchecked and made smart first passes out of the defensive zone.

not trying to pick a fight, i'm just trying to figure out how much of an actual leaf game you watch? like id even totally understand if you said "i work on my laptop while watching leaf games" that would explain all the little things you miss during a 60min game, like Franson tossing a big hit, or kessel having a solid backcheck before he turns the puck around to go down and score.
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:15 am

Post by Nick »

I hate franson's reads, and his foot speed. I believe he struggles to take the temperature of the game, and has poor decision making when there are breakdowns. I friggin love him at 2M, and believe as a 4/5 we're lucky to have him. Do i think he Dion Phanuef? no. not even kinda.

Kessel rarely tries 100%, I believe anyone who has actually played hockey can see that along the boards (not talking hits), and way too often he does not follow up on a broken play. I love kessel skating with the puck, and even better when he is shooting it with speed. You offer me Giroux for Kessel and I take it every single day of the week.

Gardiner is all poise and style, he's simply nice to watch. Exciting dman, who is not soft, blocks shots very well and has the ability to put the pin back in a grenade. The fact he's still developing makes it even sweeter.
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628

Nick wroteCOLONI hate franson's reads, and his foot speed. I believe he struggles to take the temperature of the game, and has poor decision making when there are breakdowns. I friggin love him at 2M, and believe as a 4/5 we're lucky to have him. Do i think he Dion Phanuef? no. not even kinda.

Kessel rarely tries 100%, I believe anyone who has actually played hockey can see that along the boards (not talking hits), and way too often he does not follow up on a broken play. I love kessel skating with the puck, and even better when he is shooting it with speed. You offer me Giroux for Kessel and I take it every single day of the week.

Gardiner is all poise and style, he's simply nice to watch. Exciting dman, who is not soft, blocks shots very well and has the ability to put the pin back in a grenade. The fact he's still developing makes it even sweeter.
just an FYI

your comments are 100% different than what Randy said the other day

had nothing but praise for kessel/fransons game and said Gardiner needed to work on a lot of things.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to