Anything goes here OT stuff is OK too!
BUTTON_POST_REPLY
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 2:04 pm

Re: NHL Transactions, Injuries & Rumours

Post by Shep »

shooker wroteCOLON
Blues GM wroteCOLONHe deserves to be suspended, but really what is Kessel supposed to do there? The 2nd slash was unnecessary, but I don't blame him for the first one. Scott is massive and Kessel isn't going to fight him. Self defence, you gotta get out of there.
he was given a match penalty (intent to injure) which comes with an automatic review. I would have done the same thing as him so I don't think poorly of him but that 2nd slash was disgusting. I wouldn't be upset if he didn't get suspended because Jon Scott is a dick, but he went above and beyond self defense making him the aggressor at the time of that 2nd slash. I wouldn't be surprised to see him get suspended at all.

Clarkson is an easy 10 games imo. Sucks for him but its a pretty black and white rule.

I loved bernier for going out there to fight. Half because he was sticking up for his team and half because Ryan Miller is one of the most unlikeable people in the world.
The 2nd slash I agree, completely unnecessary.
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
cliff11
PostsCOLON 2644
JoinedCOLON Sat May 08, 2010 12:39 pm

Post by cliff11 »

Blues GM wroteCOLON
shooker wroteCOLON
Blues GM wroteCOLONHe deserves to be suspended, but really what is Kessel supposed to do there? The 2nd slash was unnecessary, but I don't blame him for the first one. Scott is massive and Kessel isn't going to fight him. Self defence, you gotta get out of there.
he was given a match penalty (intent to injure) which comes with an automatic review. I would have done the same thing as him so I don't think poorly of him but that 2nd slash was disgusting. I wouldn't be upset if he didn't get suspended because Jon Scott is a dick, but he went above and beyond self defense making him the aggressor at the time of that 2nd slash. I wouldn't be surprised to see him get suspended at all.

Clarkson is an easy 10 games imo. Sucks for him but its a pretty black and white rule.

I loved bernier for going out there to fight. Half because he was sticking up for his team and half because Ryan Miller is one of the most unlikeable people in the world.
The 2nd slash I agree, completely unnecessary.

it was like a baseball style swing as well haha fuck me
Tony
PostsCOLON 11222
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 10:29 pm
LocationCOLON Nevada

Post by Tony »

I don't understand Kessel poking Scott as he's about to get off the ice ... what's the point?
Click banner to view current roster and picks
shooker
PostsCOLON 4382
JoinedCOLON Thu May 13, 2010 11:05 am

Post by shooker »

What really sucks, and I actually sympathize on this one despite my distain for the leafs, they might be down two top 6 forwards for opening night because john scott is a dick. Sucks to have to rely on karma to get even but that's likely what the leafs will have to do. That and sick Orr on him when they meet next.
Ennzie
PostsCOLON 137
JoinedCOLON Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:43 pm

Post by Ennzie »

That's old time hockey right there, minus the slashes kessel gave out both unnecessary.
anton
PostsCOLON 7111
JoinedCOLON Mon May 10, 2010 10:03 pm
LocationCOLON Orange County

Post by anton »

Orr fighting to simply set the tone is scary enough, but a fired up Colton Orr is a whole other ballgame.

Scott better cover up the kidneys this time.
CAM
PostsCOLON 3734
JoinedCOLON Fri May 24, 2013 5:42 pm

Post by CAM »

I just became more of a Leaf fan from that one game!!! Awesome!
Last edited by 1 on CAM, edited 0 times in total.
Sensfanjosh
PostsCOLON 4043
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:09 pm

Post by Sensfanjosh »

I see you've already started to type like a Leaf fan....
CAM
PostsCOLON 3734
JoinedCOLON Fri May 24, 2013 5:42 pm

Post by CAM »

Sensfanjosh wroteCOLONI see you've already started to type like a Leaf fan....
Lol, fixed. How can anyone not love that shit????
Mike
Test 2
PostsCOLON 11390
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 7:08 pm

Post by Mike »

shooker wroteCOLONhe was given a match penalty (intent to injure) which comes with an automatic review. I would have done the same thing as him so I don't think poorly of him but that 2nd slash was disgusting. I wouldn't be upset if he didn't get suspended because Jon Scott is a dick, but he went above and beyond self defense making him the aggressor at the time of that 2nd slash. I wouldn't be surprised to see him get suspended at all.

Agreed 100%
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 pm
LocationCOLON San Juan, Puerto Rico

Post by The BBKL Insider »

Sucks to lose clarkson for the first 10 games as he was looking awesome for us! He's going to make a big differnece on this team.

But gosh that game was entertaining, and I don't blame kessel at all, he was just trying to cut down an oat tree, gotta take big hacks to do that.
Mike
Test 2
PostsCOLON 11390

Post by Mike »

Hah. Everyone in my office is watching youtube videos of the brawl. Non-hockey fans, talking about a preseason game.
hong57
PostsCOLON 7106
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:38 pm

Post by hong57 »

damn... what happened? as a leafs fan i missed everything -_-
#91 - John Tavares
Mike
Test 2
PostsCOLON 11390

Post by Mike »

Watch the game in 6 minutes on the leafs' website. Tropp asks Devane to go, Devane knocks him out, Rolston puts Scott on the ice against Kessel line... and it begins.
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

Lol good thing I Traded Clarkson
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628

i'll gladly hold onto clarkson!
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628

Per TSN:
NHL Rule 70.10 states: "The first player to leave the players' or penalty bench illegally during an altercation or for the purpose of starting an altercation from either or both teams shall be suspended without pay for the next 10 regular league and/or playoff games of his team."

Clarkson won't be eligible to make his Leafs debut until Oct. 25 when his team visits the Columbus Blue Jackets.
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

Big Fun wroteCOLONPer TSN:
NHL Rule 70.10 states: "The first player to leave the players' or penalty bench illegally during an altercation or for the purpose of starting an altercation from either or both teams shall be suspended without pay for the next 10 regular league and/or playoff games of his team."

Clarkson won't be eligible to make his Leafs debut until Oct. 25 when his team visits the Columbus Blue Jackets.
On the other hand, I'm glad I have john Scott. Seeing him in action makes me believe he will be fully used as agitator role all season long, securing him 17+ min PIT night in night out.
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628

Brendon Morrow signs 1 year @ 1.5m deal with blues
Chuck Norris
PostsCOLON 4954
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:17 pm

Post by Chuck Norris »

gooker wroteCOLON
Big Fun wroteCOLONPer TSN:

On the other hand, I'm glad I have john Scott. Seeing him in action makes me believe he will be fully used as agitator role all season long, securing him 17+ min PIT night in night out.
He wont get anywhere near 17min per night Paul. You'll be lucky for him to make it to 10 min any given night.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to