Negotiate your trades here.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY
anton
PostsCOLON 7111
JoinedCOLON Mon May 10, 2010 10:03 pm
LocationCOLON Orange County

Re: Offseason Sens Block - Still Looking for Youth

Post by anton »

the draft and the explosion of trade activity after it would be fun, but after the subsides everyone would just want their old team back anyway
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

I couldn't give two Fuck shits if I started over. I am proud of what I have accomplished, but I don't really have sentimental attachment to anything if it means having something new. I like throw old shit out all the time even if it's good (only if the new shit I'm getting is better lol)
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by Shep »

I'd be done with BBKL if we started over.
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:15 am

Post by Nick »

It would kill the league. Not a worthwhile discussion. We are a keeper league that has lasted a very long time :) The division re-shuffle, cap pinch and typical off-season rebuilds have increased parity like we haven't had since the first summer.

We have a balanced schedule (unlike year 1), as well as a ton of experience in the league (unlike year 1 or 2).

I think we should all give ourselves a big pat on the back for a job well done. this place is awesome, despite the mood-cycles we cannot seem to dodge, LOL.

20 years from now this will be frigging epic. Likely worthy of some coverage :)
anton
PostsCOLON 7111

Post by anton »

maybe we'll get sponsored and we all move into a big office in LA where we just hang out and make trades all day
shooker
PostsCOLON 4382
JoinedCOLON Thu May 13, 2010 11:05 am

Post by shooker »

I'd actually be all for a restart. Not a fantasy draft, but a restart with current teams as the fantasy draft would just be straight up painful. I feel there has been a major lull in the activity of late and not just because it's the offseason. I have already mentioned this to numerous gm's and from what I have seen it's about 60/40 that would be in favour of it. I love the team I have put together but notice that it has become pretty stale in here. Worse things could happen then a restart.

That being said, I don't think it will happen and I am ok with that too.
anton
PostsCOLON 7111

Post by anton »

i think the "lull" is 100% about the offseason tbh
Mike
Test 2
PostsCOLON 11390
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 7:08 pm

Post by Mike »

anton wroteCOLONi think the "lull" is 100% about the offseason tbh
Can't say I'm not looking forward to camp
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044

Post by Nick »

Any changes I make now would just be to make changes... Need camp to start to have some pressure, new fav player, or info to make deals :)
Mike
Test 2
PostsCOLON 11390

Post by Mike »

Nick wroteCOLONAny changes I make now would just be to make changes... Need camp to start to have some pressure, new fav player, or info to make deals :)
Definitely need some new info
shooker
PostsCOLON 4382

Post by shooker »

I disagree. Offseason definitely contributes but last season on a whole was a lull. I found the entire last season to be fairly uneventful compared with seasons in the past. I felt a lot of gms were losing interest. Again just my opinion. I know there will be zero chance of a restart, I just see the benefit and would be all for it if it ever was legitimately considered.
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044

Post by Nick »

Restart is against the very purpose of a keeper league.... I'm sure some of the teams that want a re-start are the same one's that are not active on the trade market and actually part of the slow activity.

When Steve, Shiv, Shook, Kareem, Anton and a few others slow down trading, the league trading takes a major dip. That's okay though... Building teams in a keeper league is supposed to be a process.
Mike
Test 2
PostsCOLON 11390

Post by Mike »

shooker wroteCOLON
I disagree. Offseason definitely contributes but last season on a whole was a lull. I found the entire last season to be fairly uneventful compared with seasons in the past. I felt a lot of gms were losing interest. Again just my opinion. I know there will be zero chance of a restart, I just see the benefit and would be all for it if it ever was legitimately considered.
To each their own I suppose. No lull felt last season for me, I quite enjoyed it as I do every season.
shooker
PostsCOLON 4382

Post by shooker »

Oh I still enjoyed it and I know I will enjoy this upcoming season, so don't get me wrong. I just noticed some of the previously more active gm's started to disappear. That is the "lull" I am referring to and not the less active gms remaining less active. If former active gm's become less active, that is a problem for me lol and where a restart would come into play as it would create new interest.

Again, the deciding votes, aka the CC members, will all be strongly against it, so I know this will never actually come down to a vote or anything. Although, I feel if it did, most would be surprised with how many people would have interest in it.
Mike
Test 2
PostsCOLON 11390

Post by Mike »

Yeah tbh it wouldn't even be something we'd have the CC look at in the first place.
cliff11
PostsCOLON 2644
JoinedCOLON Sat May 08, 2010 12:39 pm

Post by cliff11 »

I'm down for a reset or keep 9 players or whatever

But we all know its boy going to happen haha
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 pm
LocationCOLON San Juan, Puerto Rico

Post by The BBKL Insider »

as someone suggested above - shiv and I not trading has made it seem like a slow summer.

i'll restart trades/talks when vacation ends in a week. And like always, the league will pick up right before camps open
shooker
PostsCOLON 4382

Post by shooker »

Big Fun wroteCOLONas someone suggested above - shiv and I not trading has made it seem like a slow summer.

i'll restart trades/talks when vacation ends in a week. And like always, the league will pick up right before camps open
what was the rational behind a slow season then? lol
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 pm
LocationCOLON San Juan, Puerto Rico

Post by The BBKL Insider »

slow season?

I thought we had a quite active 48 game season
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044

Post by Nick »

Ye seemed like a blitz of a season to me. Too fast really.... A full season + Olympics should be good for the league :)
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to