NHL Transactions, Injuries & Rumours

Anything goes here OT stuff is OK too!
BUTTON_POST_REPLY
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:15 am

Re: NHL Transactions, Injuries & Rumours

Post by Nick »

SuperMario wroteCOLONJust doing the math here. We have roughly 5m in space with 0.925 relief potentially if we bury Liles in the minors. We have to sign Kadri and Franson in 6m. How does that happen? I'm having a tough time believing it does.

Cap Geek has us with $58,429,167 cap payroll, + $1.275M = 59,704,167 which is $4.895833M in cap space

Ranger @ 1M w/NTC is becoming an all around odd contract.

Liles, J. is our odd man out, I agree Shiv. Which is tough to say, because I think he's rather good. but we have a cap pinch and he played a smaller role than his almost 4M suggests.
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Lee »

#SJSharks sign center Joe Pavelski to a five-year contract extension
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828

Post by Lee »

Mats Zuccarello has settled with the #NYR -- 1 year @ 1,150,000
Robin Hood
PostsCOLON 13589
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:09 pm

Post by Robin Hood »

Nick wroteCOLON
SuperMario wroteCOLONJust doing the math here. We have roughly 5m in space with 0.925 relief potentially if we bury Liles in the minors. We have to sign Kadri and Franson in 6m. How does that happen? I'm having a tough time believing it does.

Cap Geek has us with $58,429,167 cap payroll, + $1.275M = 59,704,167 which is $4.895833M in cap space

Ranger @ 1M w/NTC is becoming an all around odd contract.

Liles, J. is our odd man out, I agree Shiv. Which is tough to say, because I think he's rather good. but we have a cap pinch and he played a smaller role than his almost 4M suggests.
Oh I think Liles needs to go. But unless we find a way to trade him, we're going to lose franson because it seems impossible to me to sign both him and Kadri in less than 6m
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 pm
LocationCOLON San Juan, Puerto Rico

Post by The BBKL Insider »

Ranger at 1mil with a NTC makes perfect sense imo.

First season back in the nhl, doesn't want to leave the TO area (family).

I guess he turned down a longer term and contract from edmonton to stay at home.

All stems back to his depression. Good on nonis and the leafs brass to give him a ntc.
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828

Post by Lee »

Lee wroteCOLON#SJSharks sign center Joe Pavelski to a five-year contract extension
6 per
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 4:22 pm
LocationCOLON Mississauga, Ontario
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

The math hasn't worked since July 1st. The ideal solution is to move Liles, but if that is not possible the Leafs may be forced into trading Cody Franson. You also forgot to mention the additional roster player the Leafs need to sign to get to a 23 man roster.
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628

Dreger was saying if the leafs are forced to trade franson they want a young player + prospect or pick.

Guessed pick or prospect would be in the 1st - 2nd rd value range.
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

Nick wroteCOLON

That total includes Trevor Smith who will almost certainly play with the Marlies, without him the Leafs have closer to 5.5M.
Mike
Test 2
PostsCOLON 11390
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 7:08 pm

Post by Mike »

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLONThe math hasn't worked since July 1st. The ideal solution is to move Liles, but if that is not possible the Leafs may be forced into trading Cody Franson. You also forgot to mention the additional roster player the Leafs need to sign to get to a 23 man roster.
They don't need to get to 23-man roster. Hell even 20 isn't absolutely required (see Calgary a few years ago, I believe?).
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

SuperMario wroteCOLONOh I think Liles needs to go. But unless we find a way to trade him, we're going to lose franson because it seems impossible to me to sign both him and Kadri in less than 6m
If the Leafs demote JM Liles, and go with a 21 man roster they could hypothetically sign Franson and Kadri to deals a little more than 3M in value. Fortunately, the Leafs have the upper hand in negotiations with Franson, he is still an RFA, and has not filed for arbitration so his choices are either to sign with the Leafs or hold-out and risk losing a season of hockey.
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

Mike wroteCOLON
MSP4LYFE wroteCOLONThe math hasn't worked since July 1st. The ideal solution is to move Liles, but if that is not possible the Leafs may be forced into trading Cody Franson. You also forgot to mention the additional roster player the Leafs need to sign to get to a 23 man roster.
They don't need to get to 23-man roster. Hell even 20 isn't absolutely required (see Calgary a few years ago, I believe?).
20 is the minimum in the new CBA, and the Leafs will go with at least 21 roster players (7 defenceman), and hopefully more then that. Anything less is just not giving yourself much roster flexibility, especially with two enforcers on the team.
Mike
Test 2
PostsCOLON 11390

Post by Mike »

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLON
Mike wroteCOLON
20 is the minimum in the new CBA, and the Leafs will go with at least 21 roster players (7 defenceman), and hopefully more then that. Being forced into playing McLaren and Orr every night because you don't have any extra roster forwards is a poor way of building a team.
They're like 8 minutes from Ricoh, no reason not to run with a lower number and call up whoever it is when there is need.
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628

Few things kareem and I agree on, but having mcclearn and orr on the ice together is one of them.
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

Mike wroteCOLON
MSP4LYFE wroteCOLON
Mike wroteCOLON
20 is the minimum in the new CBA, and the Leafs will go with at least 21 roster players (7 defenceman), and hopefully more then that. Being forced into playing McLaren and Orr every night because you don't have any extra roster forwards is a poor way of building a team.
They're like 8 minutes from Ricoh, no reason not to run with a lower number and call up whoever it is when there is need.
I've already had this discussion on broads, but that doesn't leave much flexibility on road trips, particularly in b2b scenarios. It also forces the Leafs into playing both enforcers when healthy, this is particularly troublesome if a top 6 forward or two goes down. There is also no precedent of the Leafs rostering less than 23 players in the last decade plus, so even if the option exists, I am not inclined to believe that the Leafs choose that course of action.
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044

Post by Nick »

so... Reimer.....

Let's not be Vacnouver, if we are going with Bernier, commit to it and deal the other asset while it is easily moved...
shooker
PostsCOLON 4382
JoinedCOLON Thu May 13, 2010 11:05 am

Post by shooker »

Nick wroteCOLONso... Reimer.....

Let's not be Vacnouver, if we are going with Bernier, commit to it and deal the other asset while it is easily moved...
I don't think it's the same at all. No one has named the starter yet and it isn't the case of have a proven number 1 goalie getting replaced. Probably just a troll on your part but it's totally different. I, In fact think it would be ill advised to trade Reimer. He has proven that he can at least be a hold over goalie if say Bernier struggled or was injured.
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628

I agree with shook. Let someone emerge as the starter.

Bernier has the upside but hasn't proven as much as reimer as of yet
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044

Post by Nick »

Just a troll regarding the comparison.

The trade, the contract, and our cap situation all push the matter IMO. Losing Franson when trading a goalie is already in the cards just seems short sighted IMO. This from a guy that doesn't even like Franson. But if we really are having a goalie race, obviously we wait.
Mike
Test 2
PostsCOLON 11390

Post by Mike »

Nick wroteCOLONso... Reimer.....

If the leafs trade reimer i consider moving the LAK goalies. For those in need, prepare your anooses.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to