Anything goes here OT stuff is OK too!
BUTTON_POST_REPLY
anton
PostsCOLON 7111
JoinedCOLON Mon May 10, 2010 10:03 pm
LocationCOLON Orange County

Re: NHL Transactions, Injuries & Rumours

Post by anton »

am i missing something about bogosian that makes him worth over 5 million dollars?
Robin Hood
PostsCOLON 13589
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:09 pm

Post by Robin Hood »

The 7 year term is a lot. Bogo didn't want a bridge to UFA status? But might have been a negotiating tactic by the Jets. "We'll do 5M+ on a long-term deal but not for 2-3 years"
shooker
PostsCOLON 4382
JoinedCOLON Thu May 13, 2010 11:05 am

Post by shooker »

anton wroteCOLONam i missing something about bogosian that makes him worth over 5 million dollars?
I know what you mean with superior players such as McDonagh or Shattenkirk signing for much less in the same offseason, however given the term and how terrible the back end is in WPG, he is worth it for them. He still is a pretty good dman.
thom54
PostsCOLON 7459
JoinedCOLON Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:00 pm
LocationCOLON Kingston, ON

Post by thom54 »

AP is gonna get paaaaiiiiddddd
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:15 am

Post by Nick »

anton wroteCOLONam i missing something about bogosian that makes him worth over 5 million dollars?
http://capgeek.com/comparables/?player_id=349

Would appear so, he stands out as a very good all around defender when I watch the Jets, his numbers are solid, and on both fronts I think he compares well with similar salaries. Health and PP time are only items holding him back from being part of a higher tier.
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

hes high tier. but on shitty team. under achiever with higher ceiling . hes an inelastic product in wpg. nuff said. fair price @ 5.14
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044

Post by Nick »

sometimes... when you think about it, it is rather annoying that what we 'discard' from their salary is actually a rather comfortable income... 'just over 5M" -> leaving unmentioned the 142K annually that would be nice.
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 4:22 pm
LocationCOLON Mississauga, Ontario
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

shooker wroteCOLON
I know what you mean with superior players such as McDonagh or Shattenkirk signing for much less in the same offseason, however given the term and how terrible the back end is in WPG, he is worth it for them. He still is a pretty good dman.
McDonagh and Shattenkirk signed bridge deals, whereas the Jets bought out several of Bogosian's UFA years, the two situations are nowhere near comparable.
Robin Hood
PostsCOLON 13589

Post by Robin Hood »

Nick wroteCOLONsometimes... when you think about it, it is rather annoying that what we 'discard' from their salary is actually a rather comfortable income... 'just over 5M" -> leaving unmentioned the 142K annually that would be nice.
LOL yea must be nice. Just over 5M...142K which is >>> almost everyone's annual income.
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

The Jets paid for three of Bogosian's UFA years, factor in inflation, and potential and 5M is probably the going rate for a young top four defenceman, Roman Josi received a similar deal.
Mike
Test 2
PostsCOLON 11390
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 7:08 pm

Post by Mike »

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLON
shooker wroteCOLON
McDonagh and Shattenkirk signed bridge deals, whereas the Jets bought out several of Bogosian's UFA years, the two situations are nowhere near comparable.
6 years (at 4.7) is a pretty long bridge contract for McD
shooker
PostsCOLON 4382

Post by shooker »

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLON
shooker wroteCOLON
McDonagh signed for 6 seasons and is one year older than Bogo. They will be the same age and both UFA's when their contracts end.
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

Mike wroteCOLON
MSP4LYFE wroteCOLON
shooker wroteCOLON
6 years (at 4.7) is a pretty long bridge contract for McD
I didn't realize that McDonagh's deal was for 6 years, but I also didn't realize that it was for 4.7M which is a comparable amount to Bogosian and Josi. You also need to factor in McDonagh's willingness to stay, which clearly played a role in his contract, he easily could have got more salary at that term if not for the Rangers tight cap. Perhaps the Rangers agreed to make it up to him in his next deal?
Last edited by 1 on MSP4LYFE, edited 0 times in total.
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

shooker wroteCOLONMcDonagh signed for 6 seasons and is one year older than Bogo. They will be the same age and both UFA's when their contracts end.
You are right, but it really doesn't change my argument. The two contracts are comparable, if anything one justifies the other.
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044

Post by Nick »

I take Bogo over McDonut everyday of the week, and twice on toonie Tuesday.
shooker
PostsCOLON 4382

Post by shooker »

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLON
shooker wroteCOLONMcDonagh signed for 6 seasons and is one year older than Bogo. They will be the same age and both UFA's when their contracts end.
You are right, but it really doesn't change my argument. The two contracts are comparable, if anything one justifies the other.
fair. You are also right about the whole McDonagh wanting to stay thing. He plays for a winning team and gets to live in one of the most amazing cities in the world while doing so, Winnipeg just doesn't hold that luster. Although playing in front of those fans must be a rush. It would require more money to make me move to wpg over nyc for sure.
Mike
Test 2
PostsCOLON 11390
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 7:08 pm

Post by Mike »

Dude lived in ptbo, could the peg really be that much worse?
Robin Hood
PostsCOLON 13589

Post by Robin Hood »

Nick wroteCOLONI take Bogo over McDonut everyday of the week, and twice on toonie Tuesday.
McDonagh over Bogo all day every day for me.
Robin Hood
PostsCOLON 13589

Post by Robin Hood »

Mike wroteCOLONDude lived in ptbo, could the peg really be that much worse?
Ptbo?
anton
PostsCOLON 7111
JoinedCOLON Mon May 10, 2010 10:03 pm
LocationCOLON Orange County

Post by anton »

i would invent a new day and then take mcdonagh over bogosian on that day as well which totals 8 days out of 8 i would mcdonagh over bogosian
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to