Drew Doughty - Shea Weber
Duncan Keith - Alex Pietranagelo
Jay Bouwmeester - PK Subban

Roberto Luongo
Carey Price

Taxi Squad: Mike Smith, Travis Hamonic, Andrew Ladd
Click banner for full assets/roster
GM Achievements:
2013/14 - WC Quarterfinalist (Colorado Avalanche)
2012/13 - BBKL Finalist and WC Champion (Columbus Blue Jackets)
2011/12 - WC Semi-Finalist (Columbus Blue Jackets)
Robin Hood
PostsCOLON 13589
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:09 pm

Re: NHL Transactions, Injuries & Rumours

Post by Robin Hood »

Man Canada has a lot of big name superstars but the Americans seem to have the perfect mix of skill, size, talent, grit across all positions (e.g. not an overload of Cs like with Canada).
Chuck Norris
PostsCOLON 4954
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:17 pm

Post by Chuck Norris »

SuperMario wroteCOLON
Chuck Norris wroteCOLON
MSP4LYFE wroteCOLON
shooker wroteCOLONSo he is out of their league in bbkl. Not real life I am sorry to say it.
Your opinion on this subject means nothing to me because it runs counter to all of the evidence that we have at our disposal. If a player looks good, is trusted by his coach, earns the respect and captaincy of his team, produces at en elite rate, and is rated as an elite player by advanced statistical measures then chances are he is an elite player...
Sorry but I HAVE to post this lol...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=384805

BAHAHAHAHA :lol: :lol: :lol:
That poll is a joke.

If you look at all advanced metrics on Phaneuf, he is a terrific d-man. Sure he makes mistakes but as do all d-men playing similar roles.

Don't even think you're being a Habs fan here. Many fan bases seem to think Phaneuf is bad including part of the Leaf fan base, which is absolutely ridiculous.

I wish more fans looked at advanced stats.
I agree 100% the poll is a joke. I just thought it would be amusing to rub salt in the wound a bit. I also think of Phaneuf as a top dman and would have loved for him to be a Hab.
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 pm
LocationCOLON San Juan, Puerto Rico

Post by The BBKL Insider »

Gunnar resigns with Leafs

3 years @ $3.15M per
Robin Hood
PostsCOLON 13589

Post by Robin Hood »

Big Fun wroteCOLONGunnar resigns with Leafs

3 years @ $3.15M per
LOVE IT
Mike
Test 2
PostsCOLON 11390
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 7:08 pm

Post by Mike »

Hoping for 3 but I like it. Especially the term.
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:15 am

Post by Nick »

Great contract for the buds.
Robin Hood
PostsCOLON 13589

Post by Robin Hood »

Nick wroteCOLONGreat contract for the buds.
And the BBKL Pens
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044

Post by Nick »

You have a little tighter cap situation than the buds :P 2.15 would have been 'great' for you
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

SuperMario wroteCOLONMan Canada has a lot of big name superstars but the Americans seem to have the perfect mix of skill, size, talent, grit across all positions (e.g. not an overload of Cs like with Canada).

We'd definitely take any unused centers down here...but I'm with you, a nice mix on the Team USA roster with a good group of goalies to choose from. No one is as deep as Finland in net though.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
Tony
PostsCOLON 11222
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 10:29 pm
LocationCOLON Nevada

Post by Tony »

Ah, young goalies again ... feels good man
Click banner to view current roster and picks
shooker
PostsCOLON 4382
JoinedCOLON Thu May 13, 2010 11:05 am

Post by shooker »

SuperMario wroteCOLONMan Canada has a lot of big name superstars but the Americans seem to have the perfect mix of skill, size, talent, grit across all positions (e.g. not an overload of Cs like with Canada).
I don't think the US has a nicer mix on purpose, it is because that is the best team they can put together. I think it works so well because the USNDP is an excellent program but it also has let all these players play together on multiple occasions creating a natural chemistry. It's worked out well for the US.

I don't think Canada lacks that right mix of everything. We could entirely emulate the Americans balanced style but its just a matter of who do you want on your third line, Corey Perry or Brooks Laich? I would chose Perry every time and as Shoalzie eluded too, I have no doubt the americans would too lol.

I am impressed with the US program over the last 10-15 years. The quantity of quality nhler's being produced out of there has grown at an amazing rate. They are a legit threat at every level now, every year.
shooker
PostsCOLON 4382
JoinedCOLON Thu May 13, 2010 11:05 am

Post by shooker »

Shoalzie wroteCOLON

We'd definitely take any unused centers down here...but I'm with you, a nice mix on the Team USA roster with a good group of goalies to choose from. No one is as deep as Finland in net though.
Quick - Anderson - Schneider... Its crazy how deep you guys are there.
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 pm
LocationCOLON San Juan, Puerto Rico

Post by The BBKL Insider »

Little signs for 5 years @ 4.7per with the jets
cliff11
PostsCOLON 2644
JoinedCOLON Sat May 08, 2010 12:39 pm

Post by cliff11 »

shooker wroteCOLON
Shoalzie wroteCOLON

Quick - Anderson - Schneider... Its crazy how deep you guys are there.
Don't forget about Howard and Millar as well
hong57
PostsCOLON 7106
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:38 pm

Post by hong57 »

gooker wroteCOLONoh ya def add a 5th man in Kadri ;) we'll need a bench
bench of cheerleaders
#91 - John Tavares
hong57
PostsCOLON 7106
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:38 pm

Post by hong57 »

Too bad Eberle wasn't invited

My guess

E.Staal - Crosby - Giroux
Ladd* - JT - Stamkos
Getz - Toews - Perry
Richards - Bergeron - Carter

*if he produce like last season
#91 - John Tavares
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

Post by KapG »

Taylor hall on big ice could be pretty dangerous.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

shooker wroteCOLON
I don't think the US has a nicer mix on purpose, it is because that is the best team they can put together. I think it works so well because the USNDP is an excellent program but it also has let all these players play together on multiple occasions creating a natural chemistry. It's worked out well for the US.

I don't think Canada lacks that right mix of everything. We could entirely emulate the Americans balanced style but its just a matter of who do you want on your third line, Corey Perry or Brooks Laich? I would chose Perry every time and as Shoalzie eluded too, I have no doubt the americans would too lol.

I am impressed with the US program over the last 10-15 years. The quantity of quality nhler's being produced out of there has grown at an amazing rate. They are a legit threat at every level now, every year.

It's weird to say but Canada is in a tough spot with all their depth of talent. You can't really sell the fan base on sending actual 3rd or 4th liners and tell them they're putting the best possible team on the ice when you see the insane depth of offensive talent. I do think they can put certain star players in a more defensive or checking role and they can still be effective. I'd definitely love to have the problem of having Bergeron as a checking line center. Babs will basically have four 1st lines in his lineup...he just needs to find which players are best suited for more of a defensive role. Not bad having two Selke-caliber guy like Toews and Bergeron to potentially use as 3rd and 4th line centers.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044

Post by Nick »

KapG wroteCOLONTaylor hall on big ice could be pretty dangerous.

I agree. Compete level, speed, dangerous shot from all over the offensive zone. A line of Hall - Duchene - Skinner would be hell to contain IMO, 3 of the best skating forwards in the NHL, and should be able to play with the euro-refs.

I do not want a vet based team, "who we won with last time" -> it has gotta be about the new group. We seem to go through the same cycle every time.

step 1:
build a team the wrong way.

step 2:
build the team the right way, win gold.

step 3:
bring the same guys back again, lose.

repeat.

Losing the worlds seems to have a negative impact on our willingness to bring along some players. Giroux, Stamkos, Duchene & Skinner were amazing IMO at the worlds, and I'd hope they all get a proper comparison at camp.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to