New Divisions - Pacific, Central, Atlantic, Metropolitan?

Anything goes here OT stuff is OK too!
Ennzie
PostsCOLON 137
JoinedCOLON Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:43 pm

Re: New Divisions - Pacific, Central, Atlantic, Metropolitan

Post by Ennzie »

make a story for the remaining games. Randon or purely in conference are boring. I'll kick your teams ass Facey.
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:15 am

Post by Nick »

That would be something to see.

I'm surprised there are not more replies to this... sure are lots once I put the work in and the schedule comes out.

Is there a theme or storyline or structure people want to see? obviously playing your conference at least once is a must, what to do with the other 6/8 games guys? how should I load the schedule, division games mixed throughout, at the start? at the end?
Tony
PostsCOLON 11222
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 10:29 pm
LocationCOLON Nevada

Post by Tony »

How about the "let's not give Tony the most difficult out of division schedule anymore" story line.
Click banner to view current roster and picks
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:15 am

Post by Nick »

Just be happy you are not in the Atlantic.
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 pm
LocationCOLON San Juan, Puerto Rico

Post by The BBKL Insider »

Ya the atlantic would be a nightmare!
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 pm
LocationCOLON San Juan, Puerto Rico

Post by The BBKL Insider »

I'm a fan of what nick + ennzie suggested

Do the conference and div first then split up remaining games random
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Nick wroteCOLONHow should I structure it?

I am comfortable randomizing it or following a pattern, or no out-of-conference. thoughts? because of even teams in each conference it's easier to structure.

Tricky to come up with a format with uneven conferences and the divisions are bigger so playing each other twice eats up the majority of the games.

You can probably just have one game for everyone against their own conference...15 games for the East, 13 for the West. The remaining games can be crossover games. You have the majority of the schedule within the conference but obviously, the West plays more games against the East. You could have two extra games in conference for the West teams to even it out and then everyone plays 6 games against the other conference.

The random ideas seems fair as long as every team at least plays every team in their own division once. You gotta at least have teams play everyone within division at a minimum...the rest of the conference doesn't matter especially when those games will outnumber the division games.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 4:22 pm
LocationCOLON Mississauga, Ontario
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

Nick wroteCOLONThat would be something to see.

I'm surprised there are not more replies to this... sure are lots once I put the work in and the schedule comes out.

Is there a theme or storyline or structure people want to see? obviously playing your conference at least once is a must, what to do with the other 6/8 games guys? how should I load the schedule, division games mixed throughout, at the start? at the end?
I'll throw out some things I'd like to see once I get back from work later tonight.
shooker
PostsCOLON 4382
JoinedCOLON Thu May 13, 2010 11:05 am

Post by shooker »

I personally want to revisit the two week final. Unless there is like an extra three days or something i say we try to avoid having the final longer than the normal one week period. I just dislikes it as it all but garuntees the better team wins. Kind of goes against the whole rational of h2h as we play that way to make things less predictable.

Other news. This should be a rather easy schedule now that both confs have even numbers. Seems like it would be rather easy to just do 16 inter conf games and 5 out but i wouldnt be against a more division based schedule.
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

Post by KapG »

I like the 2 week final as well.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to