Anything goes here OT stuff is OK too!
BUTTON_POST_REPLY
Chuck Norris
PostsCOLON 4954
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:17 pm

Re: NHL Transactions, Injuries & Rumours

Post by Chuck Norris »

Fair Deals S wroteCOLON
Steve Spott head coach and GM of the Kitchener Rangers has resigned to take over as head coach of the Toronto Marlies.

Crap, is that the same guy who coached the juniors?
Fuck me....one of my favorite coaches to my most hated team's affiliate. A fantastic move by the Marlies. Steve Spott has worked wonders with the kids in Kitchener for a number of years now. Dont use the WJC as an indicator of him as a coach. I've been watching Spott in Kitchener for a number of years now and I'll say that you guys are very fortunate to have him.
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 pm
LocationCOLON San Juan, Puerto Rico

Post by The BBKL Insider »

He is the uncle of pending UFA Stephen Weiss
Mike
Test 2
PostsCOLON 11390
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 7:08 pm

Post by Mike »

Fair Deals S wroteCOLONHe is the uncle of pending UFA Stephen Weiss
A familiar face once he's buried in the minors for playing shitty?
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628

Mike wroteCOLON
Fair Deals S wroteCOLONHe is the uncle of pending UFA Stephen Weiss
A familiar face once he's buried in the minors for playing shitty?
lol

hopefully we dont sign bozak to that 8 year 5mil,,,,if so we better save a compliance buy out for next summer
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

I wish we signed bozak
Mike
Test 2
PostsCOLON 11390
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 7:08 pm

Post by Mike »

gooker wroteCOLONI wish we signed bozak
To me, it's only worth signing another centre if he's as good as Weiss or better. Even Weiss I'm not sure of.

Nazem
Grabo
Bolland
McClement
(Colborne)

Don't wanna bump any of them onto wing for an overpaid Bozak. Re-sign him if he comes at a reasonable price and we can get something for Grabo.
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628

i hate bozak

let his ass walk
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 4:22 pm
LocationCOLON Mississauga, Ontario
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

I really hope the Leafs sign Weiss, he isn't a superstar #1, but he is a very good two way center who can compliment Kessel, is left handed, and reportedly wants to play for Toronto.
shooker
PostsCOLON 4382
JoinedCOLON Thu May 13, 2010 11:05 am

Post by shooker »

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLONI really hope the Leafs sign Weiss, he isn't a superstar #1, but he is a very good two way center who can compliment Kessel, is left handed, and reportedly wants to play for Toronto.
As of this past week both Weiss and his Agent have said multiple times in the media that they are going to do everything they can to get a deal done in Florida and do not intend to test free agency. So if he ends up in Toronto, it is because of variables outside of desired destination.

Not trying to be a dick, but all these hopes you leaf fans put on yourselves is tough to watch. It's like seeing a kid waiting for his deadbeat dad to come but he never shows up over and over again. You guys seem to be in ever rumor, ala letang, who's agent was livid with tsn and went on their radio because the rumor was so false that he wanted to go there to clear the air. Very few have any legs but as the biggest hockey market in the world, you are consistently in every rumor. Have lower expectations and you wont be so consistently disappointed.
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628

i'm hearing clarkson will be offered 5 years at 5.5 from the leafs

Originally reported that he wanted over 6, but that was to stay in jersey....he didn't really want to stay there unless the money was too much to refuse.
shooker
PostsCOLON 4382

Post by shooker »

Fair Deals S wroteCOLONi'm hearing clarkson will be offered 5 years at 5.5 from the leafs

Originally reported that he wanted over 6, but that was to stay in jersey....he didn't really want to stay there unless the money was too much to refuse.
although I think you made this up, I hope this one is true lol.
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

shooker wroteCOLON
MSP4LYFE wroteCOLONI really hope the Leafs sign Weiss, he isn't a superstar #1, but he is a very good two way center who can compliment Kessel, is left handed, and reportedly wants to play for Toronto.
As of this past week both Weiss and his Agent have said multiple times in the media that they are going to do everything they can to get a deal done in Florida and do not intend to test free agency. So if he ends up in Toronto, it is because of variables outside of desired destination.

Not trying to be a dick, but all these hopes you leaf fans put on yourselves is tough to watch. It's like seeing a kid waiting for his deadbeat dad to come but he never shows up over and over again. You guys seem to be in ever rumor, ala letang, who's agent was livid with tsn and went on their radio because the rumor was so false that he wanted to go there to clear the air. Very few have any legs but as the biggest hockey market in the world, you are consistently in every rumor. Have lower expectations and you wont be so consistently disappointed.
If Weiss was doing everything in his power to resign in Florida it would be done already, likewise with Clarkson. Players who test the market almost never resign with their teams.

None of this is to mention that I have it on good authority that Weiss wants to come to Toronto, and has for some time, the question is whether the Leafs want Weiss.
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

shooker wroteCOLON
Fair Deals S wroteCOLONi'm hearing clarkson will be offered 5 years at 5.5 from the leafs

It's obviously made up, Steve's rumors are never true.
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Lee »

shooker wroteCOLON

Blame the media for whoring out page hits, rather than the fans.
shooker
PostsCOLON 4382

Post by shooker »

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLON
If Weiss was doing everything in his power to resign in Florida it would be done already, likewise with Clarkson. Players who test the market almost never resign with their teams.

None of this is to mention that I have it on good authority that Weiss wants to come to Toronto, and has for some time, the question is whether the Leafs want Weiss.
Bozak clearly wants to remain in Toronto but a deal isn't done. Sometimes the sides just can't see eye to eye.

I agree, it is super rare for any player to test free agency and stay with their original team. That however was not what I was arguing. I said if he ends up a leaf it was because he could not get a deal done in FLA and the Leafs presented the best contract/opportunity to him ie my statement regarding other variables.
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLON
shooker wroteCOLON

It's obviously made up, Steve's rumors are never true.
This was is actually true

i just tried to make it sound like it came from me
shooker
PostsCOLON 4382

Post by shooker »

Lee wroteCOLONBlame the media for whoring out page hits, rather than the fans.
I do. I have come to realize long ago that it is the Toronto media I hate and not the fans. I just take sympathy on the fans as you guys always want to believe the rumors. I was taking sympathy and not blaming you guys lol
Robin Hood
PostsCOLON 13589
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:09 pm

Post by Robin Hood »

Shook is definitely a closet Leaf fan.
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628

my rumours are legit, believe them

i need to make a tweeter account and get followers
shooker
PostsCOLON 4382

Post by shooker »

SuperMario wroteCOLONShook is definitely a closet Leaf fan.
LOL

I cheered for the Bruins against your guys in this years playoffs..... the bruins..... if ever there was a test if I could ever cheer for the leafs, that was it and I didn't. I can sleep easy at night knowing that.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to