Re: NHL Transactions, Injuries & Rumours

Post by The BBKL Insider »

i didn't know who that person was
Chuck Norris
PostsCOLON 4954
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:17 pm

Post by Chuck Norris »

LOL he doesn't deserve it solely on the grounds that he's a Hab. The fact is I think all 3 finalists are worthy of the trophy. All three were PPG plaers or near PPG players, all 3 were cornerstones to their respective clubs and carried them at one time or another. Just because Subban has the CH and he pisses you all off when he plays your team doesn't mean he's not worthy of it. And lets not pull any punches here....the last team that should be critiquing the Norris are Leafs fans. Since its inception in '53-'54 your team has never won it...try winning the trophy first before you rip on others LOL.
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 4:22 pm
LocationCOLON Mississauga, Ontario
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

If you think PK Subban is deserving of the Norris you are either an idiot or biased. Not only did PK Subban not rank in the top 10 of qualcomp this season, he didn't even rank first among defenceman on his own team... PK Subban is winning this award strictly because of offense, and he wasn't even the top ppg defenceman this season... The Norris Trophy is quickly becoming like the MVP Award in baseball, meaningless...
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

Shep wroteCOLONSounds like PK Subban will get the Norris.

What a travesty to the trophy. He was tied in NHL scoring for a dman, he wasn't even 1st on his team in ice time. He was not even top 30 in the NHL in ice time. 6th in SHTOI/G on his team.

He's a good dman, his offense is where he shined, but Letang had a better PPG. Karlsson last year crushed everybody so I understand the nod there. But here? I don't even believe Subban should have been a finalist let alone the winner.

Based on the nominations, Suter should have been the runaway victor. Most TOI in the NHL, most TOI/G, lead his team in SHTOI/G, 3rd in defense scoring.

/rant
Meh, it's not like mainstream awards mean anything anyways...
Chuck Norris
PostsCOLON 4954
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:17 pm

Post by Chuck Norris »

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLONIf you think PK Subban is deserving of the Norris you are either an idiot or biased. Not only did PK Subban not rank in the top 10 of qualcomp this season, he didn't even rank first among defenceman on his own team... PK Subban is winning this award strictly because of offense, and he wasn't even the top ppg defenceman this season... The Norris Trophy is quickly becoming like the MVP Award in baseball, meaningless...
Of course it's all offense Kareem, why do you think Karlsson won it last year. Yeah he destroyed his competition offensively but if you take his defensive liabilities from last year (which he improved drastically on this year) into account you could have made a case for other players to win it.
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Lee »

Craig Custance @CraigCustance 11m

Oilers prospect Teemu Hartikainen (RFA) headed to the KHL to play for Ufa.
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 pm
LocationCOLON San Juan, Puerto Rico

amen kareem

now get me my 3rd rounder
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

Chuck Norris wroteCOLON
MSP4LYFE wroteCOLONIf you think PK Subban is deserving of the Norris you are either an idiot or biased. Not only did PK Subban not rank in the top 10 of qualcomp this season, he didn't even rank first among defenceman on his own team... PK Subban is winning this award strictly because of offense, and he wasn't even the top ppg defenceman this season... The Norris Trophy is quickly becoming like the MVP Award in baseball, meaningless...
Of course it's all offense Kareem, why do you think Karlsson won it last year. Yeah he destroyed his competition offensively but if you take his defensive liabilities from last year (which he improved drastically on this year) into account you could have made a case for other players to win it.
Erik Karlsson played some of the toughest minutes in the league last year, and lead his team in TOI. Not to mention the fact that he destroyed the competition in offense over a full 82 games. The two aren't even remotely comparable.
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177
JoinedCOLON Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 am

Post by Bruyns »

+1

The problem is it is voted on by dinosaurs in the mainstream media who make up the majority of the vote and look at the offensive stats and vote for the top 3 just like we saw this year. Some media I follow on twitter who broke down their votes mentioned some more deserving names like Beauchemin, Chara and even Brodin with solid reasoning behind their choices. One thing I've seen suggested that I agree with is break the award down into best offensive and defensive dman just like how we have best defensive forward.
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

Bruyns wroteCOLON
+1

The problem is it is voted on by dinosaurs in the mainstream media who make up the majority of the vote and look at the offensive stats and vote for the top 3 just like we saw this year. Some media I follow on twitter who broke down their votes mentioned some more deserving names like Beauchemin, Chara and even Brodin with solid reasoning behind their choices. One thing I've seen suggested that I agree with is break the award down into best offensive and defensive dman just like how we have best defensive forward.
That is a good point, I also think it would be cool if the Norris was voted on by NHL players, coaches or managment. I never understood why the media ever got a vote in the first place...
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628

Jake Gardiner for Norris 2014
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828

Post by Lee »

You're as much an idiot if you think Brodin deserves as much as a mention.
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828

Post by Lee »

lolwut?

7 years, 4 per for Josi.
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628

wow, could be a good deal if he continues to develop properly

who has Josi anyways? i'm assuming Mik, isn't he a Euro
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by Shep »

I have no problem if a Hab wins it. I have Subban on my team, I don't mind him. I was a big supporter of Karlsson last year and I hate the Sens more than the Habs. He's mediocre defensively but he destroyed the field offensively and he played a ton of minutes. Subban wasn't even tops on his team, let alone his placement in the league.

It's classic East bias and dare I say, the "black" factor (I don't actually believe the race thing).

The trophies that are based on voting are becoming more and more of a joke each year.

and LOL @ Josi's contract. Wow.
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

I love the Josi contract, it is a shrewd move by a small market team. By giving Josi more security they secured a smaller cap hit than what they projected him to receive through arbitration or looking even further down the road, UFA. If Josi continues to play at his level, this deal will look like a steal in 7 years time, and that is even before we consider inflation and the likely impact it will have on contracts moving forward.
Robin Hood
PostsCOLON 13589
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:09 pm

Post by Robin Hood »

Wtf at the Josi contract. Also agreed entirely on Subban not being Norris worthy.
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628

ya the Josi contract doesn't bother me all that bad....4mil might be a bit high (say 2million per year) for the first year or two of the contract, but i have a feeeling it's going to turn into one hell of a deal going into years 3 through 7.
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by Shep »

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLONI love the Josi contract, it is a shrewd move by a small market team. By giving Josi more security they secured a smaller cap hit than what they projected him to receive through arbitration or looking even further down the road, UFA. If Josi continues to play at his level, this deal will look like a steal in 7 years time, and that is even before we consider inflation and the likely impact it will have on contracts moving forward.
My "lol" is more at the fact that a 7 year contract just seems to have come out of the blue. Josi is great and it'll look like a very good contract in a couple years especially as the cap begins to rise again.
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628

Komorov signs 1 year deal in KHL
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to