Anything goes here OT stuff is OK too!
BUTTON_POST_REPLY
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Re: NHL Transactions, Injuries & Rumours

Post by Lee »

Elliotte Friedman @FriedgeHNIC 1m

Eller: facial and dental fractures, loss of consciousness...in hospital overnight. Wishing him a speedy recovery
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 pm
LocationCOLON San Juan, Puerto Rico

Post by The BBKL Insider »

man i hate those habs but i really like Eller

hope he recovers fast!
hong57
PostsCOLON 7106
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:38 pm

Post by hong57 »

Josh 1, Chuck 0
#91 - John Tavares
Mash
PostsCOLON 2135
JoinedCOLON Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:22 am
LocationCOLON Hamilton Ontario

Post by Mash »

What a fantastic hockey hit.

Diaz is a fucking moron, lol worst pass ever. He also coughed it up on a Karlsson pinch on their 3rd goal. haha.
Kareem R
(9:31:36PM): watching them lose games like this in regulation is chicken soup for the soul bitch monkey
Sensfanjosh
PostsCOLON 4043
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:09 pm

Post by Sensfanjosh »

Felt bad for Eller but it was a clean hit shoulder to chest, never seen blood like that though. Gonna be a rough series now.
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Lee »

Dekeyser out with a broken hand.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Yeah...too bad for DD. He's been such a spark for the Wings. I think they can still win this series but beyond that, I didn't have them beating Chicago healthy or not.

As for the Gryba/Eller thing...really unfortunate situation for Eller obviously but Gryba got villified for basically sideswiping him and it was the fall to the ice that did the most damage. His hearing is at noon today...if he gets more than a game for this, that would be unfair. To me, he shouldn't be suspended. I hope Eller can recover because that was an ugly scene with him face down in a pool of blood.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
shooker
PostsCOLON 4382
JoinedCOLON Thu May 13, 2010 11:05 am

Post by shooker »

Shoalzie wroteCOLONYeah...too bad for DD. He's been such a spark for the Wings. I think they can still win this series but beyond that, I didn't have them beating Chicago healthy or not.

As for the Gryba/Eller thing...really unfortunate situation for Eller obviously but Gryba got villified for basically sideswiping him and it was the fall to the ice that did the most damage. His hearing is at noon today...if he gets more than a game for this, that would be unfair. To me, he shouldn't be suspended. I hope Eller can recover because that was an ugly scene with him face down in a pool of blood.
I agree, It was a missed hit not a dirty one. He just missed what would have been a great, clean hit, which does not mean it wasn't a penalty or anything but I don't believe a suspension is warranted. If Ference only got one game for his hit, which had malice intent, I don't know how Shanny could justify a suspension. Just my opinion and it means nothing but I'd be pissed if I were grabo or gryba to see this play treated equally to the Ference play.
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:15 am

Post by Nick »

It's insane to be that Gryba gets 2 games + 5 min major and a game ejection for that hit, and Ference got no penalty, and 1 game for the elbow to grabo. Because Grabo is fucking made of nuclear waste and got up doesn't make the play less dirty.

Crazy inconsistent. Would love them to explain how Gryba targeted the head... hips in line with ellars, hit set, timed perfectly...ye he destroyed the guy... but it's a north south hit from a suicide pass.
anton
PostsCOLON 7111
JoinedCOLON Mon May 10, 2010 10:03 pm
LocationCOLON Orange County

Post by anton »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6BvNrdKfKY[/youtube]

poor girl got the Blackhawks mixed up with the BBKL hawks
Last edited by 1 on anton, edited 0 times in total.
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 4:22 pm
LocationCOLON Mississauga, Ontario
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

Are you surprised Nick? The same thing happened with the Lupul suspension, and Nash no call...
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 4:22 pm
LocationCOLON Mississauga, Ontario
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

AHAAHAHAHA, that is hilarious Anton.
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by Shep »

Ference's suspension was right. 1 game, no problem.

Gryba should have got no games. Brutal.
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
Chuck Norris
PostsCOLON 4954
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:17 pm

Post by Chuck Norris »

Trying to be as unbiased as possible I was hoping for a single game. The hit wasn't dirty and you could tell Gryba wasn't targetting the head. That being said Eller was in a clearly vulnerable position from that idiotic pass from Diaz. I've seen tons of suspensions under Shanny's rule where there was a lack of intent but the player being hit was vulnerable. On top of the fact that you could tell that Eller was out cold before he ever hit the ice. That tells me the head was "a" principal point of contact but not necessarily "the" principal point of contact. Note the difference.

To me a single game to make Gryba think twice before hitting a guy in a vulnerable position was fair. And hell give Diaz a 1 game suspension for being an utter moron and sending that pass to Eller in the first place.
shooker
PostsCOLON 4382
JoinedCOLON Thu May 13, 2010 11:05 am

Post by shooker »

Chuck Norris wroteCOLONTrying to be as unbiased as possible I was hoping for a single game. The hit wasn't dirty and you could tell Gryba wasn't targetting the head. That being said Eller was in a clearly vulnerable position from that idiotic pass from Diaz. I've seen tons of suspensions under Shanny's rule where there was a lack of intent but the player being hit was vulnerable. On top of the fact that you could tell that Eller was out cold before he ever hit the ice. That tells me the head was "a" principal point of contact but not necessarily "the" principal point of contact. Note the difference.

To me a single game to make Gryba think twice before hitting a guy in a vulnerable position was fair. And hell give Diaz a 1 game suspension for being an utter moron and sending that pass to Eller in the first place.
so should subban have let off on Neil because he had his head down? The answer is no but that was also a situation in which a player was hit in a vulnerable position. The Subban hit also happened at a higher speed and carried the full force of subban's body, great hit. Gryba's hit had less malice in than Subban's but caused a higher degree of injury because Gryba missed and in turn made contact with the head. It is 100% a penalty and I am even ok with the 5 minute penalty but not a suspension. we also all know if Gryba doesn't make that hit every time he gets the chance, he wont be in this league. So I don't blame him for making that hit and I doubt he blames himself either.

I dislike the vulnerable position argument. It is a favorite of the media but thousands of hits, where a player in a vulnerable position, happen throughout the year and get praised. The only time that argument gets thrown out there is when an injury occurs and is always a kneejerk reactionary comment. It sucks that Eller is out, especially as he has taken his game to another level of late, but if Gryba didn't miss the hit, Eller would have walked away and Gryba would have received a pat on the back from his coaching staff.

In summation, no intent + no historyof similar incidents + clear botched hit = no suspension. just my opinion though.

I also feel Shanny needs some consistency here. I thought he would be great for the job but I do not think he is doing a very good job. Campbell definitely had his "superstar" rule but at least he was consistent with the rest of the players. That Ference hit was 100X worse as he clearly targeted the head and is a guy who has a long history of suspension. I was shocked when I only saw one game for Ference but dumbfounded when I saw Gryba with two.

End of rant lol
hong57
PostsCOLON 7106
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:38 pm

Post by hong57 »

anton wroteCOLONhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6BvNrdKfKY[/youtube]

poor girl got the Blackhawks mixed up with the BBKL hawks
hahaha.. getting it mixed up for sure (for the tremendous amount of sex part)
#91 - John Tavares
bills09
PostsCOLON 9280
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:10 pm
LocationCOLON Pickering, Ontario

Post by bills09 »

IMO the league wants players like Gryba to be repeat offenders
Sensfanjosh
PostsCOLON 4043
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:09 pm

Post by Sensfanjosh »

Issues with the Gryba situation
1) penalty on ice was a 5 minute major for interference, despite Eller having touched the puck.
2) by assessing a two game suspension the league is essentially saying that intent to injure (see Andrew Ference) is irrelevant but rather the end result determined the punishment.

To your points Chuck if each time a player was in a vulnerable position hits were not allowed or players let up there would be a drastic drop in overall physicality in hockey. If Gryba let's Eller go there he gets benched, every hockey player is taught to finish every check, and in this case I see no issue in that. Maybe players need to learn that putting yourself in a vulnerable position is not okay. In any other job if an employee puts themself in a position to get hurt and an accident occurs you don't hold the second party responsible, but the first, the person who makes the situation dangerous to themselves to begin with.
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by Shep »

The field for the James Norris Memorial Trophy received a makeover this season.

Kris Letang of the Pittsburgh Penguins, P.K. Subban of the Montreal Canadians and Ryan Suter of the Minnesota Wild are this year's finalists for the trophy awarded to the defenseman that shows the "greatest all-round ability" at the position, as voted by the Professional Hockey Writers' Association at the end of the regular season.
If Ryan Suter isn't the absolute runaway winner, another award becomes a complete and utter joke.
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

dont b so opinionated yo
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to