NHL Transactions, Injuries & Rumours

Anything goes here OT stuff is OK too!
BUTTON_POST_REPLY
shooker
PostsCOLON 4382
JoinedCOLON Thu May 13, 2010 11:05 am

Re: NHL Transactions, Injuries & Rumours

Post by shooker »

Peter wroteCOLONI'm at a point where I'd move Luongo for next to nothing out of desperation. Try to resign Roy and grab a winger in the offseason.
I am not at a point of desperation but instead a point of disappointment. After watching the Lou press conference, I am truly upset in how Gillis and the Canuck organization has handled the Luongo situation. Lou has handled this situation better than anyone could ask for. He has remained a great teammate and has done what he could to be as little of a distraction as he possibly could. world class imo. The Canucks however have not returned the favour and it was portrayed in Lou's demeanor today, he was truly a broken man. I think the organization let Lou down by not moving him by the deadline so he could start over somewhere new. He was nothing but great for us and I felt we owed him a chance to play elsewhere this year because of that. I knew Gillis was not going to move him before deadline day but am discouraged by his conduct during this whole ordeal. I realize he has to do what is best for the organization but treating players properly is a huge aspect of that imo.

Poor Lou man. if we can't move him by draft day, for fuck sakes lets buy him out and let the ill-fated guy move on with his career. this isn't fair to him anymore and I couldn't imagine putting him through another year of this.
Robin Hood
PostsCOLON 13589
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:09 pm

Post by Robin Hood »

shooker wroteCOLON
Peter wroteCOLONI'm at a point where I'd move Luongo for next to nothing out of desperation. Try to resign Roy and grab a winger in the offseason.
I am not at a point of desperation but instead a point of disappointment. After watching the Lou press conference, I am truly upset in how Gillis and the Canuck organization has handled the Luongo situation. Lou has handled this situation better than anyone could ask for. He has remained a great teammate and has done what he could to be as little of a distraction as he possibly could. world class imo. The Canucks however have not returned the favour and it was portrayed in Lou's demeanor today, he was truly a broken man. I think the organization let Lou down by not moving him by the deadline so he could start over somewhere new. He was nothing but great for us and I felt we owed him a chance to play elsewhere this year because of that. I knew Gillis was not going to move him before deadline day but am discouraged by his conduct during this whole ordeal. I realize he has to do what is best for the organization but treating players properly is a huge aspect of that imo.

Poor Lou man. if we can't move him by draft day, for fuck sakes lets buy him out and let the ill-fated guy move on with his career. this isn't fair to him anymore and I couldn't imagine putting him through another year of this.
Agreed 100%. He looked crushed at the conference yet still said all the right things. Class act. Gillis and the Canucks have been pretty classless throughout this thing.
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 pm
LocationCOLON San Juan, Puerto Rico

Post by The BBKL Insider »

meh

i find it hard to feel bad for people who make 10 million a year and their upset they wern't traded.

Seems like Lu is taking this in stride, that said, i'm glad he's still a nuck. And it's not like he isn't get a big payday this summer, when he's handed a 50 million dollar buyout cheque.

i feel no pain for the man, i wish i was getting bought-out from my job.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

Fair Deals Steve wroteCOLONmeh

i find it hard to feel bad for people who make 10 million a year and their upset they wern't traded.

Seems like Lu is taking this in stride, that said, i'm glad he's still a nuck. And it's not like he isn't get a big payday this summer, when he's handed a 50 million dollar buyout cheque.

THIS.

as for the out fo the blue Washington deal, i guess you can look at it in two ways:

1- The Caps found themselves with Forsberg (more than looking for him) at the draft when he dropped badly.. but were/are not that high on him..

2- McPhee fears for his job and his giving it a desperation try.
shooker
PostsCOLON 4382

Post by shooker »

people are people regardless of how much money they make. publically losing your job in front of millions of viewers is humiliating, having no team willing to pay for you is worse and finally having this whole process drawn out over a year of your life... man that is a rough year. Say what you want about the amount of money he earns but he is a class act going through a tough time, it is very hard not to feel some sympathy for the guy. Don't know how you can't see that, money isn't everything.

You are heartless Steve, probably didn't cry in Marley and Me either you fucking robot.
Peter
PostsCOLON 2048
JoinedCOLON Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:33 pm

Post by Peter »

shooker wroteCOLON

Gillis should've taken the best deal he can get come deadline, end of story. I understand some of the tentativeness until now, but its not like Luongo is getting any more valuable sitting on the bench. I agree with being very disappointed with the way Gillis has treated this scenario. He's done almost everything wrong.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

Have to say i've been impressed by the retardness of some of Ferraro's comments today
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

shooker wroteCOLON

people are people regardless of how much money they make. publically losing your job in front of millions of viewers is humiliating, having no team willing to pay for you is worse and finally having this whole process drawn out over a year of your life... man that is a rough year. Say what you want about the amount of money he earns but he is a class act going through a tough time, it is very hard not to feel some sympathy for the guy. Don't know how you can't see that, money isn't everything.

You are heartless Steve, probably didn't cry in Marley and Me either you fucking robot.
money is everything
armandtanzarian

Post by armandtanzarian »

Mike wroteCOLONSweeet, my team was too good anyways.
prime example as to why i wanted injury callups in playoffs. I know we couldnt make it work but damn.....
shooker
PostsCOLON 4382

Post by shooker »

mr. bruin wroteCOLON
Mike wroteCOLONSweeet, my team was too good anyways.
prime example as to why i wanted injury callups in playoffs. I know we couldnt make it work but damn.....
that is a neat concept though. maybe limit the amount or something but if there was anyway to make that work for future years I think it is an idea that we should entertain.
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by Shep »

Luongo as a person is awesome.

If his contract was 6 years instead of 12, he'd be playing wherever he wanted right now pretty much. Unfortunately, the length is raping him atm.
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

shooker wroteCOLON
mr. bruin wroteCOLON prime example as to why i wanted injury callups in playoffs. I know we couldnt make it work but damn.....
that is a neat concept though. maybe limit the amount or something but if there was anyway to make that work for future years I think it is an idea that we should entertain.
no doubts.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

You'd have to almost do a LTIR kinda thing where if you pull a guy from your lineup mid-week, they can't go back in until the week after next. Let's say you get one change a week so you'd have to be judicious about it and know if you pull a guy, lose them for the rest of the week and next.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:15 am

Post by Nick »

The issue is deeper than that scott, 1) who you dress and the fact their stats are added post-hoc.

2) removing the injured player removes their stats for the week

3) what's solid enough source to warrant this change? It becomes speculation rampant.

And several more. I actually just got an idea for a system that would enable this - will lay it out during the off-season for discussion.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Yeah, I know that's the draw back of the weekly lineups...can't really make a change on a Thursday keep the stats for the other guy from Monday through Wednesday.

Just threw out the idea...to me, that's the gamble we all take every week. Guys can get hurt, traded, waived, sent down, get hot, play like crap.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
hong57
PostsCOLON 7106
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:38 pm

Post by hong57 »

shooker wroteCOLON

finally we agreed on something.. i really think gillies didn't do enough.. loungo didn't go on public to ask for a trade or anything.. he handled the situation for the best sake of the canucks organisation and didn't cause distraction to the team.. in return.. gillies decide that he needs to "not letting anyone steal luongo from the team and must move at the fucking high value that no one is willing to pay".. so what good does this help the canucks in the long term? ultimately i think the contract needs to be removed somewhere in the summer if they wanna resign roy.. oh yeah gillies said he makes moves not for today but for the FUTURE... roy is... UFA? what's the cap hit now for canucks? he doesn't make sense himself! for fuck sake i wish gillies pay for what he did some time in the future and wish my goalie the best of the career.. he has good hockey left from him.. and he's always my fav goalie
#91 - John Tavares
bills09
PostsCOLON 9280
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:10 pm
LocationCOLON Pickering, Ontario

Post by bills09 »

hong57 wroteCOLON
shooker wroteCOLON

finally we agreed on something.. i really think gillies didn't do enough.. loungo didn't go on public to ask for a trade or anything.. he handled the situation for the best sake of the canucks organisation and didn't cause distraction to the team.. in return.. gillies decide that he needs to "not letting anyone steal luongo from the team and must move at the fucking high value that no one is willing to pay".. so what good does this help the canucks in the long term? ultimately i think the contract needs to be removed somewhere in the summer if they wanna resign roy.. oh yeah gillies said he makes moves not for today but for the FUTURE... roy is... UFA? what's the cap hit now for canucks? he doesn't make sense himself! for fuck sake i wish gillies pay for what he did some time in the future and wish my goalie the best of the career.. he has good hockey left from him.. and he's always my fav goalie
Gillis*
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

bills09 wroteCOLON
hong57 wroteCOLON
shooker wroteCOLON

Gillis*
LOL

TROLL IS TROLL
hong57
PostsCOLON 7106
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:38 pm

Post by hong57 »

ah the name gillis is disgusting.. i will call him by GMMG instead.. hope i will only call him MG in soon future
#91 - John Tavares
bills09
PostsCOLON 9280
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:10 pm
LocationCOLON Pickering, Ontario

Post by bills09 »

hong57 wroteCOLONah the name gillis is disgusting.. i will call him by GMMG instead.. hope i will only call him MG in soon future
im just buggin you Honger :lol:
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to