NHL Transactions, Injuries & Rumours

Anything goes here OT stuff is OK too!
BUTTON_POST_REPLY
armandtanzarian

Re: NHL Transactions, Injuries & Rumours

Post by armandtanzarian »

The habs can take out Pittsburgh, imo. Pains me to say it it but they match up good against them.
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Lee »

Jeff Zatkoff recalled after Fleury gets bonked on the noggin. Why not give the kid a chance.

4 goalies in the NHL now:

Fleury
Desjardins
Vokoun
Zatkoff
Peter
PostsCOLON 2048
JoinedCOLON Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:33 pm

Post by Peter »

Cory Schneider can take out Pittsburgh
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 pm
LocationCOLON San Juan, Puerto Rico

Post by The BBKL Insider »

Hell, while we are at it

The Leafs can take out the Pens
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 4:22 pm
LocationCOLON Mississauga, Ontario
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

mr. bruin wroteCOLONThe habs can take out Pittsburgh, imo. Pains me to say it it but they match up good against them.
The Habs are severely overrated, and it will show come playoffs. Their present success is more indicative of the sample size than their talent level.
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLON
mr. bruin wroteCOLONThe habs can take out Pittsburgh, imo. Pains me to say it it but they match up good against them.
The Habs are severely overrated, and it will show come playoffs. Their present success is more indicative of the sample size than their talent level.
I agree. Just like how I might end up 2nd last in the league given this small sample size but when stretched out I probably would even out to about 8-9th last
Peter
PostsCOLON 2048
JoinedCOLON Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:33 pm

Post by Peter »

Peter wroteCOLONCory Schneider can take out Pittsburgh
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 pm
LocationCOLON San Juan, Puerto Rico

Post by The BBKL Insider »

Leafs, Canucks talking Luongo again: Cox
http://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs/201 ... n_cox.html

little write up there about the nucks in need of a C (bozak) and the leafs re-interest in Lu.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

DeKeyser will be signing with the Wings

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf ... cart_river
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
Phion Keneuf
PostsCOLON 844
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:51 pm

Post by Phion Keneuf »

Shoalzie wroteCOLONDeKeyser will be signing with the Wings

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf ... cart_river
Who would've guessed?

;)
Robin Hood
PostsCOLON 13589
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:09 pm

Post by Robin Hood »

Fair Deals Steve wroteCOLON
Leafs, Canucks talking Luongo again: Cox
http://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs/201 ... n_cox.html

little write up there about the nucks in need of a C (bozak) and the leafs re-interest in Lu.
I really don't see a need for Luongo anymore. The only thing we should bring on is a d IMO.
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:15 am

Post by Nick »

I'd do Bozak for Lou quiet happily.
Robin Hood
PostsCOLON 13589
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:09 pm

Post by Robin Hood »

Nick wroteCOLONI'd do Bozak for Lou quiet happily.
Man do you really think Lou would be a big upgrade vs what we are getting in net now?

Btw - everything below is not me going off on you. Just general thoughts on the leafs.

Bozak will be very difficult to replace. Not only does he fit very well with Kessel, but we lose significant depth down the middle with just him leaving. No one to take FOW on the PP, end of games. And who will will replace him with?

Our lineup's biggest strength right now is that we can roll our 3 strong lines. What is the biggest change in our team last year? The additions of JVR + Kadri. That's 2 Top 6 forwards that we did not have. And the loss of Schenn has been EASILY replaced with our newer guys like Kostka/Fraser etc. To now give back a Top 6 forward means subtracting from that. We have the ability to resign Bozak too.

I'd rather play it smart and steady. Find a d-man to add somehow without losing any of our forwards. I.e. Liles + prospect for Giordano (unlikely it happens). Then in the offseason, draft smart again and add steadily.

We really do not need Luongo. The only deal where acquiring Luongo would be acceptable is one where we do not give up a forward from our Top 9.
Arian The Insider
PostsCOLON 7304
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:05 pm

Post by Arian The Insider »

I don't see why we would want Luongo. Our goalies are putting up better numbers on a weaker team than he is, not to mention his contract length is retarded and still hurts after he retires in this new cba. We'd be wasting a roster player.
Click Oilers image below for full team roster
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

I'm not a fan of Bozak, but I can't help but agree with Shiv. Unless the Leafs acquire someone who can replace Bozak's production it makes no sense to trade him prior to the playoffs. I am, however, content to let Bozak walk in the off-season and make a play for Stephen Weiss.
Phion Keneuf
PostsCOLON 844

Post by Phion Keneuf »

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLONI'm not a fan of Bozak, but I can't help but agree with Shiv. Unless the Leafs acquire someone who can replace Bozak's production it makes no sense to trade him prior to the playoffs. I am, however, content to let Bozak walk in the off-season and make a play for Stephen Weiss.
Screw Weiss.

I'd much rather just keep Bozak. He's younger, better on faceoffs, and their offensive/defensive game is probably a wash. Not to mention Bozak will probably be cheaper and has chemistry with Kessel

We don't need Lu. Reimer and Scrivens have played good enough... And lets get real here, we aren't winning a cup this year
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

lol Weiss could easily be our #1 centre
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

Phion Keneuf wroteCOLONScrew Weiss.

I'd much rather just keep Bozak. He's younger, better on faceoffs, and their offensive/defensive game is probably a wash.

We don't need Lu. Reimer and Scrivens have played good enough... And lets get real here, we aren't winning a cup this year
Weiss is superior to Bozak offensively and defensively, how could you possibly argue that it is a wash? Weiss is one of the best defensive centers in the game, and consistently produces a 55-60 points per 82 games, despite playing with inferior linemates. Furthermore, who remarked or even implied that the Leafs were winning the cup?
Phion Keneuf wroteCOLONNot to mention Bozak will probably be cheaper and has chemistry with Kessel
Rumor has it that Bozak's camp is looking for 4M dollars in the off-season, I have no interest in paying him top 6 money when it remains to be seen whether he can produce top 6 numbers apart from Phil Kessel, and if the Leafs are to contend moving forward the two will have to be separated.
Phion Keneuf
PostsCOLON 844

Post by Phion Keneuf »

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLON
Phion Keneuf wroteCOLONScrew Weiss.

I'd much rather just keep Bozak. He's younger, better on faceoffs, and their offensive/defensive game is probably a wash.

Weiss is superior to Bozak offensively and defensively, how could you possibly argue that it is a wash? Weiss is one of the best defensive centers in the game, and consistently produces a 55-60 points per 82 games, despite playing with inferior linemates. Furthermore, who remarked or even implied that the Leafs were winning the cup?
Phion Keneuf wroteCOLONNot to mention Bozak will probably be cheaper and has chemistry with Kessel
Rumor has it that Bozak's camp is looking for 4M dollars in the off-season, I have no interest in paying him top 6 money when it remains to be seen whether he can produce top 6 numbers apart from Phil Kessel, and if the Leafs are to contend moving forward the two will have to be separated.
Weiss is a 2nd line center.
He's not one of the best defensive centres in the league... Lol. Maybe on his team.

Bozak is so underrated, he has top notch playmaking ability. He'd be perfect for a 3rd line role though.

Bozak @ 4 mil > Weiss @ 5+ (or whatever he would want). I haven't hear any rumors of Bozie wanting 4 mil.
I don't see how Weiss is an upgrade over Grabovski or Bozak tbh

As for the "winning the cup" statement, it was made in regards to acquiring Luongo. Luongo is decent and all, but acquiring him is an extremely short-sighted move. That's contract is killer, and he's going nowhere but down from here. Who wants a 40+ year old backup making 5+ mil a year?
Will Luongo make us better for the next couple seasons? Maybe. But after that we are definitely suffering more than we are benefitting. Run with Reimer and Scrivens, both who have been better statistically than Luongo. I wouldn't mind a Khabibulin-type goalie as a mentor backup though.
Phion Keneuf
PostsCOLON 844

Post by Phion Keneuf »

Personally, what I would like the leafs to do (realistically) is:

Trade Kostka for anything.
Trade a medium valued asset (2nd?) for Sami Salo.
Trade MacArthur, ONLY if a 1st is offered. If not, then keep him.

Phaneuf-Salo
Fraser-Franson
Gardiner-Gunnarsson/Liles (trade one of them, whoever fetches higher value)
/Komisarek/Holzer
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to