NHL Transactions, Injuries & Rumours

Anything goes here OT stuff is OK too!
BUTTON_POST_REPLY
shooker
PostsCOLON 4382
JoinedCOLON Thu May 13, 2010 11:05 am

Re: NHL Transactions, Injuries & Rumours

Post by shooker »

Why do you keep bringing up his being hurt as if people are using that in arguments to suggest he is the best defensemen in the game? I haven't heard anyone use that as an argument, however I have heard people suggesting he is better than Shea for some time now. Who is better is up for debate, I just don't see how his injury has in any way boosted the argument for him.

For the record I like Kareem have come around on Karlsson for the same reasons as him. I have watched a lot of him this season (10 games ish) and wonder why I hated him for so long.

Shea and Suter have definitely both shown their weaknesses. I never thought that Shea had any issues leaving his own end but, and this is a massive over exaggeration, it feels like when Komi left Markov. I've only seen two NSH games this season but it is shocking to see his struggles as I would never have predicted it. I think this is why his point totals aren't there. It is obviously not Komi level who went from a good solid Dman to extinct without Markov, Weber is still a number 1, but you definitely see he needs an adjustment period. He is elite so he will adjust but lets just say he won't be robbed of a noris this year as he wont be in the legit running.

I've watch quite a bit of MIN. As I am in camp working right now I get all the sportsnets. I get all the EDM, CGY and VAN games so needless to saying being a division rival I watch them quite often. Suter's problem is exactly what nick said, he tries to do too much. In doing so he over extends himself too often. I do believe he is starting to settle down though as he has had a few full games and moments in others where he looked super elite.

I just think both have an adjustment period but both will also come around.

For the record my opinion is Karlsson = Weber. Hard to say one is better than the other when they are both elite at what they do but so different.
shooker
PostsCOLON 4382
JoinedCOLON Thu May 13, 2010 11:05 am

Post by shooker »

Also who in the NHL plays 30mins a night lol. JJ leads the nhl with an average of 27 something lol.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

Nick wroteCOLON [Karlsson]He's no where near weber,
Nick wroteCOLONGuy isn't even the best player on his team,
LOL WHAT? :lol:

Nick wroteCOLONI've watched two entire sota games, and Suter looked shaky (it terms of 30min/game dman) in both. I'm not trying to tell a story in reverse from the numbers, instead honestly mentioning what I saw. And ye, Suter is by miles the best dman on his team, and is a fantastic dman.
mmh, no, he has not been so far, and it's very debatable he will be long term.
Perhaps Suter is just not well suited to playing the Canucks, or I saw him on off-nights, but he was not warranting a 100M
i don't think that's news..
he got lucky at hitting UFA status at the right time.. he got lucky playing for years with Weber, and is lucky to have Brodin with him on the new team.. as good and lucky a hockey player he is, still overrated and not worthy of a 100M contract.
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 pm
LocationCOLON San Juan, Puerto Rico

Post by The BBKL Insider »

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLON
Nick wroteCOLONGuy isn't even the best player on his team, but now that he's hurt he's the best in the NHL.
That is not what Senators fans think.
Certainly not what their owner or TSN said either. LOL
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

I personally think eugene went too far. I understand the frustration but what he spewed out was definitely a defamation of chqracter on Cooke
hong57
PostsCOLON 7106
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:38 pm

Post by hong57 »

minnesota wild feels sorry for LAK's loss on karlsson.. but we think that cooke is just being reckless but was not intentional in injuring him.. cooke is actually contributing a lot to the team and he should definitely stay in the NHL.. minnesota is more than happy to hand out a contract extension right now!!!!!!
#91 - John Tavares
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628

LOL

hong is awesome! nicest guy in the league
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:15 am

Post by Nick »

Spezza has been the best Ottawa senator for some time - I'd wager if asked Eugene would say something like Erik was the best given that spez was already injured.

I'm saying the injury is suddenly making
him the best player in the game because I never heard that bs even once before the incident. Now I've heard a ton of it. Ye the guy is great, special offensive Dman, watching him trying to defend Ovy is comical, I'd wager Malkin would switch the side of his attack to isolate Erik. Phil Kessel likely runs a cycle on his side of the ice !!!! LOL (just returning the exaggeration

If sens fans wouldn't trade Erik for Crosby, nor Malkin, nor stamkos nor Giroux - well I already knew they weren't the best thinkers, so it's not shocking - but it just confirms that they are less aware than even a leaf fan suspected. :)
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

Nick wroteCOLONSpezza has been the best Ottawa senator for some time - I'd wager if asked Eugene would say something like Erik was the best given that spez was already injured.
you sure to have seen Ottawa play at all along these last 2 seasons?
Nick wroteCOLONI'm saying the injury is suddenly making him the best player in the game because I never heard that bs even once before the incident. Now I've heard a ton of it.
https://twitter.com/jasonyork33/status/ ... 5379801088
Just spoke w canes assistant coach Dave Lewis who coached Lidstrom 4 over 10 years .Told me Karlsson is the best player in the NHl right now
i guess one only hears what he wants. That is from February 7th, so not after the injury.

Not that i'm saying he is the best player in the game.
More like he was probably the best player this season so far.
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628

i can't believe this has taken over the last 3 pages of the rumour thread LOL

it's awesome.

My final note - i've through EK has been the best dman in the league this year, followed closely by Pietro and Shaik. His injury has nothing to do with thinking he's the NHL's best player.

That said, he isn't the NHL's best player. He's behind Crosby and malkin, and only those 2 IMO.
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090

Post by kimmer »

1) it wud be crazy to trade ek for giroux..
2) who the fuck is shaik
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 4:22 pm
LocationCOLON Mississauga, Ontario
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

I have absolutely no luck, I finally get Ryan Kesler back from injury and the next day lose: Derek Morris, and Mike Green to injury. Not to mention the fact that I was already missing: Carkner, Hiller, Malone and Lupul.
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

Nick wroteCOLONSpezza has been the best Ottawa senator for some time - I'd wager if asked Eugene would say something like Erik was the best given that spez was already injured.
I respectfully disagree, I think Karlsson is the best player on the Senators.
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

I don't know about the rest of you, but I would trade Giroux for Karlsson, and I really like Giroux.
Last edited by 2 on MSP4LYFE, edited 0 times in total.
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

Nick wroteCOLON
If sens fans wouldn't trade Erik for Crosby, nor Malkin, nor stamkos nor Giroux - well I already knew they weren't the best thinkers, so it's not shocking - but it just confirms that they are less aware than even a leaf fan suspected. :)
One of these things is not like the other.
Last edited by 1 on MSP4LYFE, edited 0 times in total.
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090

Post by kimmer »

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLONI don't know about the rest of you, but I would trade Giroux for Karlsson in a heart-beat, and I really like Giroux.
I'm the only one I said it. Don't beat around the bush. I'm ready to take on the challenge of debating msp4lyfe 1 on 1. Call me on!
bills09
PostsCOLON 9280
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:10 pm
LocationCOLON Pickering, Ontario

Post by bills09 »

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLON
Nick wroteCOLON
One of these things is not like the other.

Russian? lolol
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

Not sure if you are kidding or not, but I was referring to Giroux. He does not have multiple years of elite production on his resume like: Crosby, Malkin and Stamkos.
Robin Hood
PostsCOLON 13589
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:09 pm

Post by Robin Hood »

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLON
I respectfully disagree, I think Karlsson is the best player on the Senators.
+1. Karlsson could have won the Hart this season if this injury didn't happen.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to