NHL Transactions, Injuries & Rumours

Anything goes here OT stuff is OK too!
BUTTON_POST_REPLY
armandtanzarian

Re: NHL Transactions, Injuries & Rumours

Post by armandtanzarian »

Won't catch me ever defending douche bag Cooke but i still cannot see how anyone could deem this "stomp" intentional at full game speed. In slow motion, which is not reality, maybe based on the players history, but not in full game speed. Like Aaron Ward said, these tools are used every day by every player and it is just an unfortunate accident.
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by Shep »

kyuss wroteCOLONcall it whatever you want (English is not my first language so i don't know what the best term would be here), the term you use doesn't change the action that happened.
That play was so far from intentional that it's hilarious that it's even being though of that way. Considering his past history (last 2 years notwithstanding) if the NHL didn't feel it was worth looking into (intent is the first thing they look at before going into disciplinary) and everybody asked outside of the Sens organization thinks it was an innocent play, I'd safely say as I saw it, that it was an innocent play gone horribly wrong.

You have to be an absolute sick fuck to go into the corner and think "my skate, his leg, oh boy this is going to be awesome". Cooke has made some questionable hits, but this is on a complete other level on insanity if is intent on this, which I have yet to see an angle that suggest as such.
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

Shep wroteCOLON
kyuss wroteCOLONcall it whatever you want (English is not my first language so i don't know what the best term would be here), the term you use doesn't change the action that happened.
You have to be an absolute sick fuck to go into the corner and think "my skate, his leg, oh boy this is going to be awesome". Cooke has made some questionable hits, but this is on a complete other level on insanity if is intent on this, which I have yet to see an angle that suggest as such.
Tony
PostsCOLON 11222
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 10:29 pm
LocationCOLON Nevada

Post by Tony »

that's not intentional? ... really??

consider who did it too
Click banner to view current roster and picks
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

I dont know bro. Why did he have to lift his left leg like that to pin him? Tbh sometimes we see other sports like the nfl who gets busted for bounty gigs on stars. What makes anyone think hockey is such a honorable and a gentlemans sport in which none of that stuff may take place in the most subtle and secretive ways possible? That is the question
Mike
Test 2
PostsCOLON 11390
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 7:08 pm

Post by Mike »

If that was intentional there should be a criminal investigation.
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:15 am

Post by Nick »

Guys... that's a body position battle that happens in every game, at every level of hockey. Pretty sure Cliffy did that exact same contact on me last night in drop in hockey. Except his blade didn't grab unusually behind my skate boot and slice my Achilles.

Watching the video over and over, the only reason his foot is in the air, is Karlsson pushing him back and the fight for body position/protect the puck. Twisting core and trying to balance...
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

Lol i was kidding relax.
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by Shep »

Nick wroteCOLONGuys... that's a body position battle that happens in every game, at every level of hockey. Pretty sure Cliffy did that exact same contact on me last night in drop in hockey. Except his blade didn't grab unusually behind my skate boot and slice my Achilles.

Watching the video over and over, the only reason his foot is in the air, is Karlsson pushing him back and the fight for body position/protect the puck. Twisting core and trying to balance...
yep.
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 pm
LocationCOLON San Juan, Puerto Rico

Post by The BBKL Insider »

Shep wroteCOLON
Nick wroteCOLONGuys... that's a body position battle that happens in every game, at every level of hockey. Pretty sure Cliffy did that exact same contact on me last night in drop in hockey. Except his blade didn't grab unusually behind my skate boot and slice my Achilles.

yep.
i was about to say this, nothing about that was dirty.

on a side note, Karlsson is out for 4 months - per tsn
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628

"Talks between Vancouver and Los Angeles have heated up, and a deal could be announced as soon as tonight"

Also - "Erik Karlsson is out at least 3, up to 4 months" - TSN
Mike
Test 2
PostsCOLON 11390

Post by Mike »

Karlsson on the block?
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

Nick wroteCOLON Watching the video over and over, the only reason his foot is in the air, is Karlsson pushing him back and the fight for body position/protect the puck. Twisting core and trying to balance...
too bad the fact the foot is in the air is not the unusual and worst part of what happened.
Arian The Insider
PostsCOLON 7304
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:05 pm

Post by Arian The Insider »

the angle he has his skate at before stomping on his leg is sketchy
Click Oilers image below for full team roster
anton
PostsCOLON 7111
JoinedCOLON Mon May 10, 2010 10:03 pm
LocationCOLON Orange County

Post by anton »

I sincerely question the intelligence of anyone who thinks that was intentional.

It's like when I find myself talking to a devout religious person. I'm sorry but I can't take you seriously.
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628

Mike wroteCOLONKarlsson on the block?
not my block, no?
Mike
Test 2
PostsCOLON 11390

Post by Mike »

Fair Deals Steve wroteCOLON
Mike wroteCOLONKarlsson on the block?
not my block, no?
yar
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628

tIM Erixon is tho

and as nick would say "no laughable offers please"

but he's a liberal, i'm a Conservative, we're smarter people :)
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

anton wroteCOLON It's like when I find myself talking to a devout religious person. I'm sorry but I can't take you seriously.
yeah, i have the same problem..

..and with people who deny what's before their eyes too.

Cooke felt like he didn't mind pushing his skate down on an opponent like that.
Doesn't mean he was thinking "i'm going to cut this guy's achilles tendon for sure!" for those wondering..
just like he wasn't thinking "i'm going to cut Osgood throat" here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... hEZm2kaIVE

but hey, i guess if i go down the street using a gun to shoot mosquitos and incidentally i kill a couple of guys, i can safely say it wasn't intentional.
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628

those guys are going far to fast to think that, the 1/10th of a second it took to do that doesn't equal a guy planning it IMO
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to