BUTTON_POST_REPLY
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 4:22 pm
LocationCOLON Mississauga, Ontario
CONTACTCOLON

Re: NHL Transactions, Injuries & Rumours

Post by MSP4LYFE »

anton wroteCOLONthe most aggravating thing are the comments from players just towing Fehr's line:

@ChrisKuc: #Blackhawks' Toews on NHL's offer: "There’s no real effort there. It’s just a ploy to kind of sway the positive light back in their favor".

There's no real effort? and the PA has made a concerted effort? Really? Every time these guys post something on twitter, they look more and more foolish and uneducated. Where do the players get the idea that the league has to come to them? Are they not part of this process too? For a bunch of millionaires who "just want to play" there seems to be very little effort coming from their end to do ANYTHING.
The line that really pisses me off is, "this is an owners lockout, the players want to play." Knowing full well that they would strike once playoffs start, and retake all of the leverage or stall negotiations, and continue under a system that clearly benefits them. It's frustrating, but unfortunately this is the reality of labor negotiations.
bills09
PostsCOLON 9280
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:10 pm
LocationCOLON Pickering, Ontario

Post by bills09 »

Rumored PA offer tomorrow.

Per Ron Fournier on 98,5FM in Montreal who takes the info from Martin Maguire who is covering the PA meeting...

- Counter-offer tomorrow is official.
- Thought to be 52-48, 51-49, 50-50, 50-50, 50-50, 50-50
- Players reject the "Make Whole" thing, want full contract value paid.
- Players want HRR as it was in last CBA

I think the NHL would accept those HRR terms but if the PA wants contract limits to not change the NHL will not accept that offer.
Tony
PostsCOLON 11222
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 10:29 pm
LocationCOLON Nevada

Post by Tony »

^^^

like what I see there ... agree on contract limits
Click banner to view current roster and picks
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

bills09 wroteCOLONRumored PA offer tomorrow.

Per Ron Fournier on 98,5FM in Montreal who takes the info from Martin Maguire who is covering the PA meeting...

- Counter-offer tomorrow is official.
- Thought to be 52-48, 51-49, 50-50, 50-50, 50-50, 50-50
- Players reject the "Make Whole" thing, want full contract value paid.
- Players want HRR as it was in last CBA

I think the NHL would accept those HRR terms but if the PA wants contract limits to not change the NHL will not accept that offer.
Hopefully the players frame-work is something the owners feel that they can negotiate around. If not this is going to get ugly, and quick.

It's at least encouraging that the players seem to have backed off from their increased revenue sharing stance, that means the two sides are finally starting to negotiate the same things.
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

Tony wroteCOLON^^^

I think if the players want to avoid a roll-back they will have to make an additional concession somewhere, and it's not going to be the UFA age. I imagine contract limits will be that concession as you alluded too, perhaps not 5 years, but maybe 7 or 8?
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

Pay particular attention to the bold section of the NHL's official proposal:
Delay (beyond October 25) will necessarily leave us with an abbreviated season and will require the cancellation of signature NHL events. Failure to reach a prompt agreement will also have other significant and detrimental impacts on our fans, the game, our Clubs, our business and the communities in which we play. All of this will obviously necessitate changes to this offer in the event we are unsuccessful in saving a full season.
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=643572

Though the league does not explicitly state that their proposal is a take it or leave it proposition in the document, the aforementioned section certainly hints at it.
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

Also included in the league's proposal is the elimination of the Re-Entry Waiver system. If applied, and I have no reason to believe that it won't be, does that mean that any player who's salary was cut in half prior to the impending CBA must have it returned to it's original amount, or is that provision not retroactive?
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLONAlso included in the league's proposal is the elimination of the Re-Entry Waiver system. If applied, and I have no reason to believe that it won't be, does that mean that any player who's salary was cut in half prior to the impending CBA must have it returned to it's original amount, or is that provision not retroactive?
i would guess the latter, but it's only a guess..
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLON
Tony wroteCOLON^^^

I think if the players want to avoid a roll-back they will have to make an additional concession somewhere, and it's not going to be the UFA age. I imagine contract limits will be that concession as you alluded too, perhaps not 5 years, but maybe 7 or 8?
personally i'd like the limit to stay the same (5yrs) for 2nd contracts and grow (as a concession) for other contracts if the loohphole is fixed anyway (same salary or so each year, retired players still count.. )

As anticipated before, the ELC would now be 2yrs long (for whatever reason, the system doesn't allow me to quote our previous posts on this matter, but i'm sure you have seen yourself that's been confirmed by LeBrun and then by the draft on nhl.com) and if the UFA eligibility stays at 8yrs it would mean 3 contracts before becoming UFA, which i like (players won't)
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

Apparently the PA was very apprehensive to the 2 year ELC, not sure why, it benefits the majority of proven players in the NHL at the expense of inexperienced players. Talented young players are still going to get their cut, so they aren't impacted either. It seems like an odd thing to resist, but what do I know?
armandtanzarian

Post by armandtanzarian »

Shep wroteCOLONWith the NFL, my interest in the NHL is slim to none.

It'll change once something concrete happens, but at this point, fuck the NHL and everything with it.
For the WIN!
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

It'll change once something concrete happens, but at this point, fuck the NHL and everything with it.
note that BBKL and other hockey pools go with it :cry:
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by Shep »

kyuss wroteCOLON

note that BBKL and other hockey pools go with it :cry:
And I have shown no interest in the "pool" side of BBKL since the lockout started.
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

WTF, 18 players attending the meeting, with Jacobs and others on Bettman's side?!

this makes me nervous
anton
PostsCOLON 7111
JoinedCOLON Mon May 10, 2010 10:03 pm
LocationCOLON Orange County

Post by anton »

bettman is really laying the PR stuff on thick right now
@FriedgeHNIC: Fan named Barry Murphy told Bettman that as a fan he feels disrespected and neglected...what are you going to do show us you care about us?

@FriedgeHNIC: Bettman: we're "going to get a deal done." Was an interesting, respectful exchange

...and it's working

kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

F A I L
anton
PostsCOLON 7111

Post by anton »

lol season over. fuck the players. they are fucking greedy scum. regret every idolizing these fuckin idiots.
thom54
PostsCOLON 7459
JoinedCOLON Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:00 pm
LocationCOLON Kingston, ON

Post by thom54 »

I didn't know negotiation involved preparing a deal, receiving a counter and saying that the original deal was essentially the only thing we could accept, but we are willing to compromise... #bettmanlogic

Wait until we hear more about what the PA's offer (s) constituted. AKA let's hear from both sides and then see what was tabled. Negotiation means give and take by both.
anton
PostsCOLON 7111

Post by anton »

Owners didn't negotiate?

NHLPA asked for 57-43.

NHL offered 50-50.

NHLPA come back asking for a HIGHER than 57% share.. Tell me, which side isn't negotiating?

oh, and i forgot my favourite part...the players...they just want to play guys! they just want to play....
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Lee »

I heard that Fehr asked for a ball rub and that was the deal breaker.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to