NHL Transactions, Injuries & Rumours

Anything goes here OT stuff is OK too!
BUTTON_POST_REPLY
Chuck Norris
PostsCOLON 4954
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:17 pm

Re: NHL Transactions, Injuries & Rumours

Post by Chuck Norris »

Lee wroteCOLONHe was scouted, projected and drafted as a top 6 player, panning out to a 3rd liner would make him a bust. I've read everything you said.
Well then you and I have very different definitions of a bust. Hugh Jessiman is a bust. Biggs being a very good 3rd liner instead of a Top 6er isnt a bust in my book.
hong57
PostsCOLON 7106
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:38 pm

Post by hong57 »

great! read that JT has trained his shot this summer.. just like how he trained his skating last summer.. i can't wait to see his significant strides this year!
#91 - John Tavares
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

They will only be playing like their 70% best in europe
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 4:22 pm
LocationCOLON Mississauga, Ontario
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

shooker wroteCOLONI personally think Biggs is shit too. However I have not seen very much of him so I won't argue that opinion. I will however argue that chuck has probably seen as much of Biggs as alot in here and he is also not the first or last person to argue a prospects abilities on very little information. Team probably does not have any bearing on chucks opinion but is probably the only reason people stuck up for Biggs. Bbkl'ers call out prospects with zero reasoning all the time just as many get hard ons for players without watching them lol.
If it was once it wouldn't be an issue, but Chuck has made a habit out of saying stupid things with no basis whatsoever. It comes across as ignorant after the third and fourth incident.
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

Sensfanjosh wroteCOLONChuck also never said he was a bust just said he's likely a bottom 6 player because his offender isn't likely to translate. I don't see much that's controversial in that claim, not every prospect becomes a top 6 player and he has the size to carve out a nice career as a bottom 6 guy if his offender happens to not translate.
You are missing the point, Chuck could have called Biggs a 4th liner for all I care, it's just the justification he provided that is ignorant. And again, this is not a one time thing, it's quickly becoming a habit for Chuck.
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090

Post by kimmer »

public conduct and behaviour police coming thru
Chuck Norris
PostsCOLON 4954

Post by Chuck Norris »

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLON
Sensfanjosh wroteCOLONChuck also never said he was a bust just said he's likely a bottom 6 player because his offender isn't likely to translate. I don't see much that's controversial in that claim, not every prospect becomes a top 6 player and he has the size to carve out a nice career as a bottom 6 guy if his offender happens to not translate.
You are missing the point, Chuck could have called Biggs a 4th liner for all I care, it's just the justification he provided that is ignorant. And again, this is not a one time thing, it's quickly becoming a habit for Chuck.
Other than the Semin thing which I explained that I just glanced at it at work and didnt have time to look deeper name another instance recently where I made an ignorant comment without basis? The blatant Leaf bashing comments that I say with the sole purpose of antagonizing people dont count. I mean a serious post. This Biggs post was a serious post, not just Leaf bashing.
bills09
PostsCOLON 9280
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:10 pm
LocationCOLON Pickering, Ontario

Post by bills09 »

Lol Chucks great and hes a habs fan.. hes aloud to leaf bash in my books..

btw as a leafs fan, and from my viewings in the first two Gens games this year. Not impressed with his offence so far but time will tell.
That being said he is big tough mean and has a great shot. Would not shock me if he pans out as a 20/20 100pim physical presence for he leafs aka great 3rd liner.
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090

Post by kimmer »

What's with the general preference of north american-based NHLers always looking to play in Europe whereas KHL doesn't seem to be such a strong option for them
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:15 am

Post by Nick »

bills09 wroteCOLONLol Chucks great and hes a habs fan.. hes aloud to leaf bash in my books..

btw as a leafs fan, and from my viewings in the first two Gens games this year. Not impressed with his offence so far but time will tell.
That being said he is big tough mean and has a great shot. Would not shock me if he pans out as a 20/20 100pim physical presence for he leafs aka great 3rd liner.

I'm continually shocked by what people say 2nd or 3rd liners produce or classify as.

Last season there were 101 players that scored 20 goals, there are by definition 90 first line players, 180 top 6. Hell only 138 forwards scored 40 points. Of all the players to score 20g, only Jamie McGinn played less then 15 on average, most well in excess of 17.

From my viewing perspective, and a brief statistical breakdown, 20g/20a/100pim is not a 3rd liner... in fact those # most closely resemble Steve Downie, Ryane Clowe or Wayne Simmonds, none of whom fall out of the top6. In order to get 20g and 100 PIMs a player requires a sizeable chunk of TOI, so in addition to out producing most 2nd liners, he's using more ice-time as well (more then a 3rd liner would get). At some point gotta start calling those #/expectations more then a 3rd liner, even a 'great' one.

Hell, IMO Milan Lucic is an AWESOME first line forward, (he was on the highest even strength scoring line 1 season ago) and thats 30/30/120 - totally elite at his role, the same role I believe we (the leafs/fans/Burke/etc) want Biggs to grow into. 20/20/100 would make me very happy, and IMO a lock on our 2nd line.
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044

Post by Nick »

gooker wroteCOLONWhat's with the general preference of north american-based NHLers always looking to play in Europe whereas KHL doesn't seem to be such a strong option for them

They cannot qualify to play in the KHL.
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

Nick wroteCOLON
bills09 wroteCOLONLol Chucks great and hes a habs fan.. hes aloud to leaf bash in my books..

I'm continually shocked by what people say 2nd or 3rd liners produce or classify as.

Last season there were 101 players that scored 20 goals, there are by definition 90 first line players, 180 top 6. Hell only 138 forwards scored 40 points. Of all the players to score 20g, only Jamie McGinn played less then 15 on average, most well in excess of 17.

From my viewing perspective, and a brief statistical breakdown, 20g/20a/100pim is not a 3rd liner... in fact those # most closely resemble Steve Downie, Ryane Clowe or Wayne Simmonds, none of whom fall out of the top6. In order to get 20g and 100 PIMs a player requires a sizeable chunk of TOI, so in addition to out producing most 2nd liners, he's using more ice-time as well (more then a 3rd liner would get). At some point gotta start calling those #/expectations more then a 3rd liner, even a 'great' one.

Hell, IMO Milan Lucic is an AWESOME first line forward, (he was on the highest even strength scoring line 1 season ago) and thats 30/30/120 - totally elite at his role, the same role I believe we (the leafs/fans/Burke/etc) want Biggs to grow into. 20/20/100 would make me very happy, and IMO a lock on our 2nd line.
Spot on Nick, and none of this is to mention that even when Biggs isn't scoring he is opening up space for his linemates, and driving puck possession with his board play. Anyone who has ever seen Tyler Biggs knows he projects as a top 6 forward, it's the role he has played his entire life, and the role he thrives in. He opens up ice for more skilled players, and can score dirty goals. His weakness is actually on the defensive side of the ice, which is why he will never make an elite third liner. In many respects, it is top 6 or bust for Biggs, unless he develops a checking component to his game.
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

Chuck Norris wroteCOLON
MSP4LYFE wroteCOLON
Other than the Semin thing which I explained that I just glanced at it at work and didnt have time to look deeper name another instance recently where I made an ignorant comment without basis? The blatant Leaf bashing comments that I say with the sole purpose of antagonizing people dont count. I mean a serious post. This Biggs post was a serious post, not just Leaf bashing.
In the last week alone,

1) Criticized the Leafs for having multiple goalie coaches when they only had one (admittedly I took the same ignorant stance).

2) Remarked that even the KHL didn't want Alexander Semin despite clear evidence to the contrary.

3) Labeled Tyler Biggs a third liner, and then supported that opinion with "some articles you read."

You are a smart guy Chuck, so stop acting like a dip shit.
bills09
PostsCOLON 9280

Post by bills09 »

Nick wroteCOLON

I did say Great Third liner, obviously that means he has the ability to play in a teams top 6.
and actually I do see Wayne Simmonds as a pretty decent comparable to Tyler Biggs.
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044

Post by Nick »

Fair enough, and depending on how you determine top6/2nd liner/3rd liner Wayne was fringe last season. 4th in points, 2nd in goals & pims - and in the group of 5 forwards they rolled on PP in addition to Claude - but #8 in toi/gp
bills09
PostsCOLON 9280

Post by bills09 »

Nick wroteCOLONFair enough, and depending on how you determine top6/2nd liner/3rd liner Wayne was fringe last season. 4th in points, 2nd in goals & pims - and in the group of 5 forwards they rolled on PP in addition to Claude - but #8 in toi/gp
Last season Wayne as kind of all over the lineup, saw time with Claude, Briere Couturier Schenn.
Very versatile player, and if we end up with a Wayne Simmonds from a late 1st I will be more than pleased.

That being said, I will be watching tonights Gens Petes game tonight if anyone wants any updates on Biggs Laughton Jenner Lessio!

Go Gens!
Chuck Norris
PostsCOLON 4954

Post by Chuck Norris »

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLON
Chuck Norris wroteCOLON
MSP4LYFE wroteCOLON
In the last week alone,

1) Criticized the Leafs for having multiple goalie coaches when they only had one (admittedly I took the same ignorant stance).

2) Remarked that even the KHL didn't want Alexander Semin despite clear evidence to the contrary.

3) Labeled Tyler Biggs a third liner, and then supported that opinion with "some articles you read."

You are a smart guy Chuck, so stop acting like a dip shit.
The goalie post was a legit post because Ive been a goalie and a goalie coach. It's not my fault the facts kept changing on a daily basis. The Semin thing I admitted and there was nothing wrong with the Biggs post. Just because I dont have the time to go find the articles I read doesnt mean I'm ignorant. Thats hardly a history of ignorant posts...
Arian The Insider
PostsCOLON 7304
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:05 pm

Post by Arian The Insider »

the moral of the story is that the habs suck
Click Oilers image below for full team roster
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044

Post by Nick »

Your refusal to admit you were reading the goalie story the way you wanted to is comical. Story never changed and from day one is consistent with eventual the st croix hiring.
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by Shep »

Nick wroteCOLONFair enough, and depending on how you determine top6/2nd liner/3rd liner Wayne was fringe last season. 4th in points, 2nd in goals & pims - and in the group of 5 forwards they rolled on PP in addition to Claude - but #8 in toi/gp
Good buddies, eh?
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to