Anything goes here OT stuff is OK too!
BUTTON_POST_REPLY
shooker
PostsCOLON 4382
JoinedCOLON Thu May 13, 2010 11:05 am

Re: NHL Transactions, Injuries & Rumours

Post by shooker »

kyuss wroteCOLONthis somehow reminding of your "Malkin = lazy ass" analysis lol

(obviously not comparing in any possible way the two players)
Its cute how you only quote part of what I say. I 100% said and still believe malkin is incredibly lazy when he lacks proper motivation. Before this season he, imo anyways, only put forth true effort in one season and look what happened when he tried... Last season was his 2nd attempt at trying and again look at the results. If you wanted to actually quote what I said, you would have said that I believe he is the third best player in the game but lacks the consistent work ethic to put him with ovy or sid. I still believe that as no one will argue malkins talent or the fact his work ethic is not up there with sid or ovi as it simply isn't. In all honesty not many players work as hard as those two, thats why they are so rare, such high skill matched with effort makes them what they are.

Quote me in my entirety if you wish to quote me. My stance on malkin is the same today as it was a year ago so it shouldn't be hard to quote me properly.
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 4:22 pm
LocationCOLON Mississauga, Ontario
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

Yeah Mik, your propensity to quote only parts of comments is annoying. At the very least, provide the full context of the comment.
Peter
PostsCOLON 2048
JoinedCOLON Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:33 pm

Post by Peter »

I don't think Ovi works harder than Malkin. I also think Malkin is more talented than Ovie.
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

OV has really fallen off a cliff in most peoples eyes, I attribute alot of that to the defensive system Washington has forced on the team the last few years.
Last edited by 1 on MSP4LYFE, edited 0 times in total.
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

Peter wroteCOLONI don't think Ovi works harder than Malkin. I also think Malkin is more talented than Ovie.
Ovechkin's career ppg, gpg and playoff ppg marks destroy Gino's, and that is including his declining seasons the past two years. OV may not be the same player he was (or he may be, who knows at this point), but there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that when OV is at his best, he is a better and more talented player than Evgeni Malkin, he may even be the best player in the world. Unfortunately, he hasn't been that guy for two years.
hong57
PostsCOLON 7106
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:38 pm

Post by hong57 »

Lucic signs 3 years , 6 mil per

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=405318
#91 - John Tavares
Peter
PostsCOLON 2048
JoinedCOLON Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:33 pm

Post by Peter »

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLON
Peter wroteCOLONI don't think Ovi works harder than Malkin. I also think Malkin is more talented than Ovie.
Ovechkin's career ppg, gpg and playoff ppg marks destroy Gino's, and that is including his declining seasons the past two years. OV may not be the same player he was (or he may be, who knows at this point), but there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that when OV is at his best, he is a better and more talented player than Evgeni Malkin, he may even be the best player in the world. Unfortunately, he hasn't been that guy for two years.
I think he's a lot more physically gifted, which aided his point totals, but I think Malkin has a lot more diverse skill set. Ovechkin simply became predictable. Malkin is definitely a far superior "magician" with the puck.
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

Ovechkin had 5 consecutive years of sheer domination, even in his worst year he was two goals short of 40. You don't do that if you are predictable.
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Lee »

Fowler 5 years 4 per
hong57
PostsCOLON 7106
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:38 pm

Post by hong57 »

Kane signed for 6 years for 31.5mil.
#91 - John Tavares
shooker
PostsCOLON 4382

Post by shooker »

hong57 wroteCOLONLucic signs 3 years , 6 mil per

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=405318
Does this not seem like an extreme overpayment to anyone else?
thom54
PostsCOLON 7459
JoinedCOLON Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:00 pm
LocationCOLON Kingston, ON

Post by thom54 »

Where else would you get a Lucic ? I hate the bastard but he's a prototype that every team wants. What he does allows the Rat and others to do what he does...
shooker
PostsCOLON 4382

Post by shooker »

thom54 wroteCOLONWhere else would you get a Lucic ? I hate the bastard but he's a prototype that every team wants. What he does allows the Rat and others to do what he does...
Well he does concus division rival goalies but still 6m... Seems steep to me. Hartnell allows Giroux to be the little shit he is and imo he a better player but he doesn't get 6m. Btw not comparing Giroux to marchand, im just saying Claude would play with a much more humble attitude if he played on a different team. Their aren't many lucics' but six fucking mill...
thom54
PostsCOLON 7459
JoinedCOLON Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:00 pm
LocationCOLON Kingston, ON

Post by thom54 »

Hartnell 4.75M*6 years until he's 36/37 years old. Odds are he's significant decline at that point.
Lucic 6M*3 years (his Prime years of age 25,26,27 for the extension)

I would much rather a short contract for the extra ...1.25M for a prototypical PWF (more so than hartnell tbh) who is much younger and just entering his prime; which means a safer return on investment and increased likelihood of him playing the 3 years.

Just taking Hartnell's recent extension as an example, and I agree that a guy like hartnell/lucic on a line/team (skilled enough to keep up and play while being insane/physical) is a rare and important ingredient to one route of NHL team success.
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

shooker wroteCOLON
thom54 wroteCOLONWhere else would you get a Lucic ? I hate the bastard but he's a prototype that every team wants. What he does allows the Rat and others to do what he does...
Well he does concus division rival goalies but still 6m... Seems steep to me. Hartnell allows Giroux to be the little shit he is and imo he a better player but he doesn't get 6m. Btw not comparing Giroux to marchand, im just saying Claude would play with a much more humble attitude if he played on a different team. Their aren't many lucics' but six fucking mill...
I take Lucic over Hartnell everyday, it's not even close, IMO. That said, neither is a 6M player.
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:15 am

Post by Nick »

Although Hartnell and Lucic are similar, they're also far from the same player. I'm with Kareem, I take Milan every day of the week - but Scotty is a neat player too. In a 70M cap they're both probably 6M players - deals that were just signed seem designed for a rollback with whatever happens to the cap.

I also want to get in on the Ovi vs Malkin and work-ethic debate.

I'll start by saying that I believe work ethic is a skill. Some people have it, others do not. It is a major factor (along with other skills such as vision, skating, strength, hands, creativity) in how much a player contributes, which IMO is the measure for how valuable a player is. Much in the same way reliability and consistent play is valued.

With that said, there's not a doubt in my mind that Alex is more skilled then Geno, however even if you remove work ethic, I still believe he's better.IMO he is also more reliable, plus he's less prone to selfish plays/penalties. Still the uncontested #1 winger in the NHL, right?
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

Post by KapG »

Matt Martin signs a 4 year deal worth 1 mill per. Steal for the Isles.
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

Tyler Ennis signs a two year deal with an AAV of 2,812,500.
Chuck Norris
PostsCOLON 4954
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:17 pm

Post by Chuck Norris »

François Allaire parts ways with the Leafs. Guess he finally realized like the rest of us that the Leafs goalies are hopeless! :lol:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=405486
Tony
PostsCOLON 11222
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 10:29 pm
LocationCOLON Nevada

Post by Tony »

you can only stand being the undertaker for the goalie graveyard for so long ...
Click banner to view current roster and picks
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to