BUTTON_POST_REPLY
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 4:22 pm
LocationCOLON Mississauga, Ontario
CONTACTCOLON

Re: NHL Transactions, Injuries & Rumours

Post by MSP4LYFE »

mr. bruin wroteCOLONLol, hopefully the cap dont drop too much. Bruins could be in some trouble next year. Rask and Lucic RFA coming up. With Seguin and Marchand done, Chia is doing some locking up of the young guys.
The Owners have demanded an immediate reduction in salaries before re-negotiating. In laymen's terms, if the cap goes down, salaries will be rolled back accordingly to account for the reduction.
Chuck Norris
PostsCOLON 4954
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:17 pm

Post by Chuck Norris »

Rozsival signs with Chicago....1-yr $2 mil
bills09
PostsCOLON 9280
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:10 pm
LocationCOLON Pickering, Ontario

Post by bills09 »

Real_ESPNLeBrun
NHLPA made an offer and the NHL made counter proposal, according to source

Nick Cotsonika
Bettman said league proposal does not change HRR. This offer will be off table when CBA expires.

Renaud P Lavoie
Gary Bettman said that NHL gived 250 million to 300 million more to the players today. 650 million more than the offer in July.
bills09
PostsCOLON 9280
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:10 pm
LocationCOLON Pickering, Ontario

Post by bills09 »

Renaud P Lavoie @RenLavoieRDS
NHL offer today: players get 49 % of HRR in first year (they had 57% before) and it goes down to 47 %. Won't be accepted.
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by Shep »

I also read Bettman gave them a "take it or leave it" final offer. If they do not accept, there will be a lockout.
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

Shep wroteCOLONI also read Bettman gave them a "take it or leave it" final offer. If they do not accept, there will be a lockout.
today? a new one?
guess you're talking about yesterday's, which was not final at all.. rather a pressuring act to finally negotiate, and with urgency.
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:15 am

Post by Nick »

No his offer was one that had an acceptance date -> Sept 15th, after that it's off the table.
Chuck Norris
PostsCOLON 4954
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:17 pm

Post by Chuck Norris »

bills09 wroteCOLONRenaud P Lavoie @RenLavoieRDS
NHL offer today: players get 49 % of HRR in first year (they had 57% before) and it goes down to 47 %. Won't be accepted.
An extremely important thing to note is the NHL took a big step forward with the offer and offered to leave the definition of hockey related revenues as its defined now. That was a big sticking point with the PA. Now it sounds like all they have to fight about is the %s.
shooker
PostsCOLON 4382
JoinedCOLON Thu May 13, 2010 11:05 am

Post by shooker »

Say what ya want about bettman being the little rat he is but this negotiation has been very one sided thus far. The owners have conceded everything other than % while the PA challenges the legality of locking out players in Alberta and Quebec. It is seriously time for Fehr to get away from his media campaign and come to the tables to talk. Stop saying it is the owners locking you out, you made the players strike twice in the mlb and the only reason you would not consider it now is the players would not be able to play in other leagues!

End rant but more seriously end this strike.
Mike
Test 2
PostsCOLON 11390
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 7:08 pm

Post by Mike »

Bunch of dudes waived today. Copied from HF:
Sep 12: BOS: Trent Whitfield, C; Jamie Tardif, RW; Garnet Exelby, D; Christian Hanson, C; FLA: Casey Wellman, C; Andre Deveaux, RW; Dov Grumet-Morris, G; Michael Caruso, D; Nolan Yonkman, D; Greg Rallo, RW; James Wright, C; J.F. Jacques, LW.

Sep 13: OTT: Andre Benoit, D; Pat Cannone, C; Tyler Eckford, D; Hugh Jessiman, RW; Nathan Lawson,G; DET: Francis Pare, RW; Jordan Pearce, G; CHI: Carter Hutton, G; NAS: Kevin Henderson, LW; PHI: Matt Ford, C; Danny Syvret. D; NYR: Sean Collins, D; Mike Vernace, D; Michael Haley, C; Chad Kolarik, RW; Kris Newbury, C; Logan Pyett, D; Brandon Segal, RW; Tommy Grant, C; COL: Patrick Bordeleau, LW; Bryan Lerg, LW; Tomas Pock, D; Sean Sullivan, D; Bill Thomas, RW; David Van Der Gulik, C; VAN; Guillaume Desbiens, RW; Andrew Gordon, RW; Derek Joslin, D; Patrick Mullen, D; Andrew Ebbett, C; MIN: Drew Bagnall, D; Brian Connelly, D; Chay Genoway, D; Carson McMillan,C ; Jarod Palmer, RW; WAS: Matt Clackson, RW; Patrick McNeill, D; Dany Sabourin, G; Kevin Marshall, D; Ryan Potulny, C; Garret Stafford, D; Zach Hamill, C; Ryan Stoa, C; STL: Taylor Chorney, D; Adam Cracknell, RW; Scott Ford, D; Mike McKenna, G; Andrew Murray, RW; Brett Sonne, C; Anthony Peluso, LW; DAL: Colten Sceviour, RW; Maxime Fortunus, D; Luke Gazdic, LW; Toby Petersen, C; Travis Morin, C; Tyler Sloan, D; Francis Wathier, LW; ANA: Jeff Deslauriers, G; Dan Sexton, RW.
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

shooker wroteCOLONSay what ya want about bettman being the little rat he is but this negotiation has been very one sided thus far. The owners have conceded everything other than % while the PA challenges the legality of locking out players in Alberta and Quebec. It is seriously time for Fehr to get away from his media campaign and come to the tables to talk. Stop saying it is the owners locking you out, you made the players strike twice in the mlb and the only reason you would not consider it now is the players would not be able to play in other leagues!

End rant but more seriously end this strike.
He also engineered almost two decades of labor peace in the MLB. As for the rest of your post, the owners haven't even come close to making all of the concessions, they still demand an immediate reduction of salaries negotiated in good faith. For comparison's sake, neither the NBA or NFL lockout took a single penny away from per-existing contracts.
shooker
PostsCOLON 4382
JoinedCOLON Thu May 13, 2010 11:05 am

Post by shooker »

Two decades of labour piece vs a league where every team can compete. I think the mlb is a farce and that 1994 lockout was our 2005 lockout. Thank god Gary was there or our league may have gone down the path of the mlb. We however do not have the fan base baseball does to support such a farce.

For the record Kareem I am against a rollback as I don't deem it fair. I think locking the cap where it is until revenue grows so much as 50% is now higher then the current cap only to then maintain a 50% split is fair. I think two roll backs in less than 10 years is harsh. I also think players would accept that proposal as they know at some point a 50/50 split will happen. but what do I know.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

Nick wroteCOLONNo his offer was one that had an acceptance date -> Sept 15th, after that it's off the table.
Bettman made no mistery that offer was negotiable till Sept 15th. So he never pretended that to be a final offer.

(Not like i do think that offer will indeed be off after 15th lol)
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

shooker wroteCOLONTwo decades of labour piece vs a league where every team can compete. I think the mlb is a farce and that 1994 lockout was our 2005 lockout. Thank god Gary was there or our league may have gone down the path of the mlb. We however do not have the fan base baseball does to support such a farce.
The argument that any team can compete in the NHL is a farce. Fact is, only a handful of teams are likely to win the championship in any given year, not unlike baseball. The NHL merely has the illusion of parity due to three point games, and a playoff format where the majority of teams make the post-season. MLB by comparison does not award points for a tie, and only has 10 playoff seeds (8 prior to this year). That is the only real difference... If you look at the standings you will find that there is a comparable top tier, middle tier, and bottom tier.
shooker wroteCOLONFor the record Kareem I am against a rollback as I don't deem it fair. I think locking the cap where it is until revenue grows so much as 50% is now higher then the current cap only to then maintain a 50% split is fair. I think two roll backs in less than 10 years is harsh. I also think players would accept that proposal as they know at some point a 50/50 split will happen. but what do I know.
Both the Owners and Union have stances that are unfair, such is the reality of these labour negotiations. It takes two to strike a deal, and two to start a lockout; I dislike the anti player or anti owner sentiment because they are both equally at fault.
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

kyuss wroteCOLONBettman made no mistery that offer was negotiable till Sept 15th. So he never pretended that to be a final offer.

(Not like i do think that offer will indeed be off after 15th lol)
I am agreeing with you alot lately, weird.
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

Mike wroteCOLONBunch of dudes waived today. Copied from HF:
Sep 12: BOS: Trent Whitfield, C; Jamie Tardif, RW; Garnet Exelby, D; Christian Hanson, C; FLA: Casey Wellman, C; Andre Deveaux, RW; Dov Grumet-Morris, G; Michael Caruso, D; Nolan Yonkman, D; Greg Rallo, RW; James Wright, C; J.F. Jacques, LW.

Sep 13: OTT: Andre Benoit, D; Pat Cannone, C; Tyler Eckford, D; Hugh Jessiman, RW; Nathan Lawson,G; DET: Francis Pare, RW; Jordan Pearce, G; CHI: Carter Hutton, G; NAS: Kevin Henderson, LW; PHI: Matt Ford, C; Danny Syvret. D; NYR: Sean Collins, D; Mike Vernace, D; Michael Haley, C; Chad Kolarik, RW; Kris Newbury, C; Logan Pyett, D; Brandon Segal, RW; Tommy Grant, C; COL: Patrick Bordeleau, LW; Bryan Lerg, LW; Tomas Pock, D; Sean Sullivan, D; Bill Thomas, RW; David Van Der Gulik, C; VAN; Guillaume Desbiens, RW; Andrew Gordon, RW; Derek Joslin, D; Patrick Mullen, D; Andrew Ebbett, C; MIN: Drew Bagnall, D; Brian Connelly, D; Chay Genoway, D; Carson McMillan,C ; Jarod Palmer, RW; WAS: Matt Clackson, RW; Patrick McNeill, D; Dany Sabourin, G; Kevin Marshall, D; Ryan Potulny, C; Garret Stafford, D; Zach Hamill, C; Ryan Stoa, C; STL: Taylor Chorney, D; Adam Cracknell, RW; Scott Ford, D; Mike McKenna, G; Andrew Murray, RW; Brett Sonne, C; Anthony Peluso, LW; DAL: Colten Sceviour, RW; Maxime Fortunus, D; Luke Gazdic, LW; Toby Petersen, C; Travis Morin, C; Tyler Sloan, D; Francis Wathier, LW; ANA: Jeff Deslauriers, G; Dan Sexton, RW.
James Wright, Casey Wellman, Ryan Stoa and Zach Hamill are interesting names.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLON
shooker wroteCOLONTwo decades of labour piece vs a league where every team can compete. I think the mlb is a farce and that 1994 lockout was our 2005 lockout. Thank god Gary was there or our league may have gone down the path of the mlb. We however do not have the fan base baseball does to support such a farce.
The argument that any team can compete in the NHL is a farce. Fact is, only a handful of teams are likely to win the championship in any given year, not unlike baseball. The NHL merely has the illusion of parity due to three point games, and a playoff format where the majority of teams make the post-season.
to make you feel less weird about it, we're back in disagreement here.
I'm not sure how anyone can question the parity currently ongoing in NHL.
I'd be challenged to find another pro-league where there is this much balance in competition. I think looking at standings numbers and ultimate winners for the past 7 yrs makes it very clear.
Probably i'm even more impressed by that cause i'm used to euro soccer leagues (even more so the Italian one) where the system is completely screwed and competition a farce, but the fact stands no matter what.
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

The parity is artificial due to three point games, if the NHL ceased to award teams for losing (like every other league in existence) the gap would be more considerable. It is also why looking at past standings proves absolutely nothing.
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:15 am

Post by Nick »

Kareem I believe you're out to lunch here... Year to year is such an insane difference - 7 unique cup winners in 7 years?

Hell it's something like 12 unique teams in the finals (that's only 2 repeats in 7 years), and 19 teams having been top team in their division - just because it hasn't worked out for our leafs, doesn't mean there's not unreal parity. 5 Different president trophy winners and only 1 of them won a cup. In fact I don't know of a league with better parity.

There is no time in the NHL where it has been this even of a playing field.
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

The NBA has had different winners in 5 of the last 7 years, likewise with the NFL, and MLB has had different winners in 6 of the past 7 years. Neither statistic demonstrates much other than a small sample size variance.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to