Post by Tony »

14 years ... he just haaaaaad to 1-up Suter :lol:
Click banner to view current roster and picks
cliff11
PostsCOLON 2644
JoinedCOLON Sat May 08, 2010 12:39 pm

Re: NHL Transactions, Injuries & Rumours

Post by cliff11 »

does Webber wanna stay in NSH now that Suter is gone?
shooker
PostsCOLON 4382
JoinedCOLON Thu May 13, 2010 11:05 am

Post by shooker »

cliff11 wroteCOLONdoes Webber wanna stay in NSH now that Suter is gone?
I dont think it matters. its pollie/ownerships decision and I think they have no choice but to match and risk that. Wosrt case they have to trade him for pieces that help now instead of 4 consecutive 25+ 1st rounders.... sounds like a no brainer to me.
Mike
Test 2
PostsCOLON 11390
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 7:08 pm

Post by Mike »

shooker wroteCOLONI dont think it matters. its pollie/ownerships decision and I think they have no choice but to match and risk that. Wosrt case they have to trade him for pieces that help now instead of 4 consecutive 25+ 1st rounders.... sounds like a no brainer to me.
You mean that in the past tense, right? As he can't be traded for a 365 days if they match.
shooker
PostsCOLON 4382

Post by shooker »

Mike wroteCOLON
shooker wroteCOLONI dont think it matters. its pollie/ownerships decision and I think they have no choice but to match and risk that. Wosrt case they have to trade him for pieces that help now instead of 4 consecutive 25+ 1st rounders.... sounds like a no brainer to me.
You mean that in the past tense, right? As he can't be traded for a 365 days if they match.
Forgot about that little clause. I still dont see it as an issue. I doubt shea has any issues playing in NSH.
Peter
PostsCOLON 2048
JoinedCOLON Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:33 pm

Post by Peter »

Mike wroteCOLON
tbh i didn't know this, learn something new every day, good rule
Mike
Test 2
PostsCOLON 11390

Post by Mike »

canuckspk wroteCOLON
Mike wroteCOLON
The one trade avenue I saw someone mention (which I'm not too sure would be kosher 'round Bettman's office) is Poille working out a deal with Holmgren to trade back the four firsts for more immediate help after not matching. Ultimatum: you trade me Couturier + Schenn squared immediately afterwards or I match.
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by Shep »

Nick wroteCOLONI think the actual total dollar value could be the issue for the preds here -> they might not be able to finance that deal!!!!
Ugh.. This is horrible for the NHL.

A small market team loses their franchise player and their captain and goes to a big market team.

Nashville has no problem getting fans, they just don't sell retarded ticket prices. The Preds are a great organization but this could be extremely detrimental to them.
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
shooker
PostsCOLON 4382

Post by shooker »

Shep wroteCOLON
Nick wroteCOLONI think the actual total dollar value could be the issue for the preds here -> they might not be able to finance that deal!!!!
Ugh.. This is horrible for the NHL.

A small market team loses their franchise player and their captain and goes to a big market team.

Nashville has no problem getting fans, they just don't sell retarded ticket prices. The Preds are a great organization but this could be extremely detrimental to them.
agreed. I hope for the preds and the nhls growth sake that pollie matches. They need it.
bills09
PostsCOLON 9280
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:10 pm
LocationCOLON Pickering, Ontario

Post by bills09 »

does ownership want to pay potentially 26M to get a better return though..
Reminder last seasons Nashvilles total payroll was just over 52M
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901

Post by Shep »

shooker wroteCOLON
Mike wroteCOLON
Forgot about that little clause. I still dont see it as an issue. I doubt shea has any issues playing in NSH.
The issue is, there are reports that Weber will get 26mil over the next calendar year. Are the Preds ownership prepared to pay 26mil to trade him for more than the value of 4 1sts? I doubt that.
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901

Post by Shep »

Mike wroteCOLON
canuckspk wroteCOLON
Mike wroteCOLON
The one trade avenue I saw someone mention (which I'm not too sure would be kosher 'round Bettman's office) is Poille working out a deal with Holmgren to trade back the four firsts for more immediate help after not matching. Ultimatum: you trade me Couturier + Schenn squared immediately afterwards or I match.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NH ... fer_sheets

It's happened on more than 1 occasion before.
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901

Post by Shep »

Chew on this in regards to all the financial stuff with the Preds. Goodnight.
W. Brett Wilson is a Canadian entreprenuer with a net worth of $1.5 billion. W. Brett Wilson has earned his net worth as an investment banker, as well as co-founder of an investment banking advisory firm, and a Canadian Stock Brokerage Firm. He also appeared on Dragon’s Den and currently started his own television show, called Risky Business. He was born in North Battleford, Saskatchewan.

The new Canadian investor in the Nashville Predators believes the NHL team is exactly where it belongs.
Calgary businessman W. Brett Wilson acquired a five per cent stake in the Predators' ownership group Wednesday, completing a deal that was three years in the making.
I'd say he might be willing to spend some money to keep Weber there.
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
Mike
Test 2
PostsCOLON 11390

Post by Mike »

Shep wroteCOLONhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NH ... fer_sheets

None in the current CBA though. I don't think those were exactly two-transaction trades either.
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901

Post by Shep »

Mike wroteCOLON
Shep wroteCOLONhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NH ... fer_sheets

None in the current CBA though. I don't think those were exactly two-transaction trades either.
This is true.
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
bills09
PostsCOLON 9280
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:10 pm
LocationCOLON Pickering, Ontario

Post by bills09 »

Shep wroteCOLONChew on this in regards to all the financial stuff with the Preds. Goodnight.
W. Brett Wilson is a Canadian entreprenuer with a net worth of $1.5 billion. W. Brett Wilson has earned his net worth as an investment banker, as well as co-founder of an investment banking advisory firm, and a Canadian Stock Brokerage Firm. He also appeared on Dragon’s Den and currently started his own television show, called Risky Business. He was born in North Battleford, Saskatchewan.

The new Canadian investor in the Nashville Predators believes the NHL team is exactly where it belongs.
Calgary businessman W. Brett Wilson acquired a five per cent stake in the Predators' ownership group Wednesday, completing a deal that was three years in the making.
5% stake..

he should front them the money for Weber for more shares :lol:
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901

Post by Shep »

bills09 wroteCOLON
Shep wroteCOLONChew on this in regards to all the financial stuff with the Preds. Goodnight.

5% stake..

he should front them the money for Weber for more shares :lol:
Yeah, but doesn't mean he doesn't have the money. It's not like he can only contribute 5%. He can go "boom, $26mil"
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
thom54
PostsCOLON 7459
JoinedCOLON Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:00 pm
LocationCOLON Kingston, ON

Post by thom54 »

Scott Laughton, Stuart Percy, Emerson Etem, John Moore. Those are the last four #1 picks in Philly's draft slot.
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901

Post by Shep »

Washington Signs Tom Wilson

per capgeek.com

SEASON AHL SALARY NHL SALARY P. BONUSES S. BONUS CAP HIT
2012-13 $70,000 $925,000 $200,000 $92,500 $1,325,000
2013-14 $70,000 $925,000 $400,000 $92,500 $1,325,000
2014-15 $70,000 $925,000 $600,000 $92,500 $1,325,000
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

Post by KapG »

thom54 wroteCOLONScott Laughton, Stuart Percy, Emerson Etem, John Moore. Those are the last four #1 picks in Philly's draft slot.
pretty good list of young players.

Much rather have Weber though. You'd think he could fetch a better return in a trade too
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to