NHL Transactions, Injuries & Rumours

Anything goes here OT stuff is OK too!
BUTTON_POST_REPLY
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 2:04 pm

Re: NHL Transactions, Injuries & Rumours

Post by Shep »

I like how they give that to Green, but wouldn't re-sign Semin.
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

Post by KapG »

shooker wroteCOLON
KapG wroteCOLONWow....
lots for a guy wh hasnt been the mike green of old the last couple years.

He shoulf hVe a nice season th now that hunters gone.

Ps i love my android phone but fuck are they ever a fucking pain in the ass to use while theynare charging.fuck
Although I didn't see the need for a raise (shouldn't have been a paycut either though) I think its a fair contract. Injuries are what have held him back not play, if he stays healthy this will be a great contract.
Should injuries not also be taken into consideration when coming to an agreement on a new contract? You'd think someone as injury prone as he seems to be, would get a smaller amount.

NBD though, this has no effect on me OR the Leafs so it's all good.
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:15 am

Post by Nick »

The only thing holding Green back in any form has been injuries - not like he was paid for what he had already done either.
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Lee »

Cal O'Reilly (F) signed by Metallurg Magnitogorsk (KHL), 2y deal.
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828

Post by Lee »

Grigorenko signs his ELC... sooo bolting to the KHL
armandtanzarian

Post by armandtanzarian »

Interesting....

Aaron Johnson signs with Bruins. His best friend is Rick Nash.

Other implications may be with Dougie Hamilton and whether he stays with the team full time this season. The signing of Exelby and Johnson as 7th d-men put a log jam in front. The Bruins never rush development. With that said i could possible see Krejci + a Dman from Boston going to Columbus for Rick Nash????? who knows...

BOSTON, MA – Boston Bruins General Manager Peter Chiarelli announced today, July 18, that the club has signed defenseman Aaron Johnson to a one-year, two-way contract through the 2012-13 season. Johnson’s contract is worth $650,000 at the NHL level and $105,000 at the AHL level.
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044

Post by Nick »

ugh. do not want to face nash 6 times a year.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

mr. bruin wroteCOLONInteresting....

Other implications may be with Dougie Hamilton and whether he stays with the team full time this season. The signing of Exelby and Johnson as 7th d-men put a log jam in front. The Bruins never rush development. With that said i could possible see Krejci + a Dman from Boston going to Columbus for Rick Nash????? who knows...
you meant Hamilton there, right? :)
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828

Post by Lee »

Oh god. No....
armandtanzarian

I sure as hell hope not. If they trade Hamilton away in a package for Nash I would be PISSED!!!!
bills09
PostsCOLON 9280
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:10 pm
LocationCOLON Pickering, Ontario

Post by bills09 »

mr. bruin wroteCOLONI sure as hell hope not. If they trade Hamilton away in a package for Nash I would be PISSED!!!!
seriously?

Krejci+Hamilton for Nash would be sick for you guys.
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

what really has hamilton done for u guys??
armandtanzarian

Im not too sure Nash at 7.8 is worth wiping the farm. I mean, what has he done really, for the money he makes and at such a term? I know that a new lease on life may bring him to a new level but i dont think he is worth what he is being paid in the slightest. Trade wise the value would be there but for the future i think taking on such a player handicaps the team more than helps it. i dont know...thats just my silly opinion. It dont mean much.
shooker
PostsCOLON 4382
JoinedCOLON Thu May 13, 2010 11:05 am

Post by shooker »

Lol Kreci + Hamilton is a great deal for Bos but Kulemin/Kadri + Gardiner for Nash would end your tenure as a leaf fan? LOL geez
Tony
PostsCOLON 11222
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 10:29 pm
LocationCOLON Nevada

Post by Tony »

someone other than San Jose take him ... please
Click banner to view current roster and picks
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044

Post by Nick »

shooker wroteCOLONLol Kreci + Hamilton is a great deal for Bos but Kulemin/Kadri + Gardiner for Nash would end your tenure as a leaf fan? LOL geez

Gardiner has proven a lot more then Hamilton has, similarly David has smashed Kules or Kadri... but I also don't think Krecji + Hamilton would be for Nash alone; that feels like a lot given the situation.

However I think anyone who just looks at the numbers is missing what Nash really is. If that is going to be the basis on how you evaluate him, then you're under-stating his impact, as well as what he does for the team. IMO the numbers don't match the player. With competent line mates he'll be in the fight for league scoring every year.

AND, TBH I wouldn't be overly upset at all if we traded Kules + Gardiner for Nash; just with him asking for a trade and clearly being on the market (now to the point of needing to be traded) I'd hope we can get him for less.
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901

Post by Shep »

God damn, Nash sucks.
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
shooker
PostsCOLON 4382
JoinedCOLON Thu May 13, 2010 11:05 am

Post by shooker »

Nick wroteCOLON
shooker wroteCOLONLol Kreci + Hamilton is a great deal for Bos but Kulemin/Kadri + Gardiner for Nash would end your tenure as a leaf fan? LOL geez

Gardiner has proven a lot more then Hamilton has, similarly David has smashed Kules or Kadri... but I also don't think Krecji + Hamilton would be for Nash alone; that feels like a lot given the situation.

However I think anyone who just looks at the numbers is missing what Nash really is. If that is going to be the basis on how you evaluate him, then you're under-stating his impact, as well as what he does for the team. IMO the numbers don't match the player. With competent line mates he'll be in the fight for league scoring every year.

AND, TBH I wouldn't be overly upset at all if we traded Kules + Gardiner for Nash; just with him asking for a trade and clearly being on the market (now to the point of needing to be traded) I'd hope we can get him for less.
it wasn't you. There were 5-10 GM's who consistantly said they wouldn't do it which made me laugh everytime.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

BOSTON, MA – Boston Bruins General Manager Peter Chiarelli announced today, July 18, that the club has signed defenseman Aaron Johnson to a one-year, two-way contract through the 2012-13 season. Johnson’s contract is worth $650,000 at the NHL level and $105,000 at the AHL level.

Well, the Wild signed Jake Dowell...a friend of Suter. Just saying...

The Wings reportedly threw out a big offer for Nash...supposedly involved Franzen and Filppula plus...and Howson turned it down.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901

Post by Shep »

Shoalzie wroteCOLON

Well, the Wild signed Jake Dowell...a friend of Suter. Just saying...

The Wings reportedly threw out a big offer for Nash...supposedly involved Franzen and Filppula plus...and Howson turned it down.
I believe it was Franzen OR Filppula +
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to