Re: MTL - BUF Deal: Gudas on the move!

Post by Lee »

..This is a joke.. right?
Robin Hood
PostsCOLON 13589
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:09 pm

Post by Robin Hood »

I liked this deal for Matt when it was 2014 1st NSH. It is now a win for Chuck with 2015 1st BUF. Trading your pick so far away from the draft, which is going to be Top 5 is a mistake rebuilders have made in the past.
Mike
Test 2
PostsCOLON 11390
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 7:08 pm

Post by Mike »

No way Buffalo's gonna be a top 5 pick..
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Lee »

SuperMario wroteCOLONI liked this deal for Matt when it was 2014 1st NSH. It is now a win for Chuck with 2015 1st BUF. Trading your pick so far away from the draft, which is going to be Top 5 is a mistake rebuilders have made in the past.
Including me. I'm redoing my transaction history and some of my previous trades are very, very laughable. But hey... I got David Legwand and Jamie McBain for top 5 picks, so I have that going for me.
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177
JoinedCOLON Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 am

Post by Bruyns »

Strongly disagree that my pick will be top 5 in 2015. I doubt I'm top 5 this year and I purposely benched my good players the first half in an attempt to tank.
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 pm
LocationCOLON San Juan, Puerto Rico

Post by The BBKL Insider »

Mike wroteCOLONNo way Buffalo's gonna be a top 5 pick..
THIS

ya, no chance that pick is top 5, he's miles better than CAR, DET, PEG, DAL, TB, PHI, and a few others.

And that's not to say those teams/GMs listed haven't done a good job, Matt just started this league with a stacked prospect pool, and elite picks.
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

Post by KapG »

phion set it up, matt started hitting the homers
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

Post by KapG »

now i need to go get more hits...
Sensfanjosh
PostsCOLON 4043
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:09 pm

Post by Sensfanjosh »

I think BUF is gonna need more than 1 good line to get out of the basement. As it stands he's gonna rely heavy on prospects next year, as well as a healthy Hall, RNH, and a consistently productive Wheeler. He also may not have any goalies starting in the NHL, and lacks depth throughout. He has a few shiny top end pieces but not sure its enough to pull him out of the bottom 5
Robin Hood
PostsCOLON 13589

Post by Robin Hood »

Fair Deals Steve wroteCOLON
THIS

ya, no chance that pick is top 5, he's miles better than CAR, DET, PEG, DAL, TB, PHI, and a few others.

And that's not to say those teams/GMs listed haven't done a good job, Matt just started this league with a stacked prospect pool, and elite picks.
Actually you're right. With the improvements Matt has made, he probably isn't a Top 5 pick. I also have faith in his ability as a GM and I know he will turn that team around well before the 2014-2015 season.

I will go back to hating this trade for Chuck.
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628

SuperMario wroteCOLON
Fair Deals Steve wroteCOLON
THIS

Actually you're right. With the improvements Matt has made, he probably isn't a Top 5 pick. I also have faith in his ability as a GM and I know he will turn that team around well before the 2014-2015 season.

I will go back to hating this trade for Chuck.
No chance i hate this trade for chuck either....this is a typical 'steve' trade. You take the lesser names, and essentially identical stats, and add top end pieces, which helps you upgrade other positions - when needed.

it's how i lose every trade, but still maintain a somewhat competitive team.
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177
JoinedCOLON Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 am

Post by Bruyns »

Sensfanjosh wroteCOLONI think BUF is gonna need more than 1 good line to get out of the basement. As it stands he's gonna rely heavy on prospects next year, as well as a healthy Hall, RNH, and a consistently productive Wheeler. He also may not have any goalies starting in the NHL, and lacks depth throughout. He has a few shiny top end pieces but not sure its enough to pull him out of the bottom 5
Only time will tell, but it isn't my style to sit back and wait years and hope to get lucky with prospects and picks. I tried this strategy for the first half, but if an opportunity to improve my team arises I feel I have to take it. My cupboards are still stocked with some blue chippers and I have a soft schedule down the stretch and came to the realization that landing a pick in the 4-10 range isn't going to change the fortunes of my franchise so I changed gears early and will continue to add to a team I expect to be in the race for a playoff spot next season.
Robin Hood
PostsCOLON 13589

Post by Robin Hood »

Nah, Chuck loses this deal the minute that pick is out of the Top 5. And it will be. It's a bunch of spare parts that will never add up back to Gudas <--- that's the issue.

For Matt to become a competitive team again, people need to remember BUF was a playoff team before Phion tore it down. Phion lost a lot of trades but there is still enough value on it to turn things around.

RNH can be moved for 2 solid pieces
Hall can be moved for 2-3 solid pieces
Wheeler can be moved for 2
Morgan Rielly for 2

There is more than enough value here to make that pick 7-11 in 2014-2015. And that's assuming Matt doesn't outright win many deals that help him flip for way more.
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

BUF loses
Sensfanjosh
PostsCOLON 4043
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:09 pm

Post by Sensfanjosh »

Olsen may end up replacing Gudas' production on his own. Tallon on Hockey Central yesterday talked about wanting to land him to pair with Gud, and publicly endorsed the guy. His offense will slow, but the periphs could be similar. Add on a 1st, a high 2nd, a top prospect and Korpo and I think Chuck kills this myself.
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628

SuperMario wroteCOLON RNH can be moved for 2 solid pieces
Morgan Rielly for 2
As Matt continues to improve his team, this is exactly how i broke his team down as well...he has elite top end (borderline elite) players, that he can trade into very good h2h players, and land some extras a long the way.
Chuck Norris
PostsCOLON 4954
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:17 pm

Post by Chuck Norris »

SuperMario wroteCOLONNah, Chuck loses this deal the minute that pick is out of the Top 5. And it will be. It's a bunch of spare parts that will never add up back to Gudas <--- that's the issue.

For Matt to become a competitive team again, people need to remember BUF was a playoff team before Phion tore it down. Phion lost a lot of trades but there is still enough value on it to turn things around.

RNH can be moved for 2 solid pieces
Morgan Rielly for 2

There is more than enough value here to make that pick 7-11 in 2014-2015. And that's assuming Matt doesn't outright win many deals that help him flip for way more.
The beauty is minus the PIMs Gudas was already replaced by Olsen. Not to mention Lovejoy and Bellemore say hello playing an identical role. I dont need to replace Gudas for my team. I fill a big gap up front with Korpi and all the futures will allow me to upgrade when players become available/trade deadline. As much as I hate losing Gudas I have 3 other players who do the same things he does.
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

ya if matt wants to actually be competitive in playoffs, he will need to trade pieces that are actually extremely valuable (Rielly), and trade them for ACTUAL contender piece that produces beastly h2h stats because Rielly doesn't actually help a team win statistically
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to