CHI - NSH

Trades that have been confirmed on the forum and have been reviewed and processed by the league are moved here.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

CHI - NSH

Post by kyuss »

To Chicago

Ukko Pekka Luukkonen
Pavel Dorofeyev

To Nashville

2024 1st Rounder (CHI)
Shane Wright
Booboo (hawks)
PostsCOLON 71
JoinedCOLON Sun Jun 05, 2022 3:29 pm

Re: CHI - NSH

Post by Booboo (hawks) »

Confirm.

Had talks with other gms at the deadline and although those goalies were probably better, the price I’m paying here is drastically lower and I’m getting Dorofevey who’s impressed me from what I’ve seen.
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

veto lol
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136
JoinedCOLON Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Post by CasperX22 »

(2) Top 10 possibly top 5 picks for a backup goalie with a sub .900 goalie....alright then.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

Lol you could have had swayman+ for this
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
JoinedCOLON Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:27 am
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

Wtf is this? Do I need to step back in here?

There is now way this trade can go through.
Arian The Insider
PostsCOLON 7304
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:05 pm

Post by Arian The Insider »

With the delay in confirmation, I honestly thought the Chicago GM received this offer and said he'd accept it just to troll
Click Oilers image below for full team roster
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

Booboo (hawks) wroteCOLON Sat Apr 15, 2023 6:13 pm Confirm.

Had talks with other gms at the deadline and although those goalies were probably better, the price I’m paying here is drastically lower and I’m getting Dorofevey who’s impressed me from what I’ve seen.
The GMs asking for more than top 5 pick + Shane Wright for any goalie in this league are ridiculous.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

UPL is literally worth a 2nd Rd pick.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

UPL has the tools to become an above avg starter in the future, his numbers this season can't tell much considering Sabres' defense in front of him was atrocious, conceding odd men rushes time after time as soon they went down in the score.

Anyways, he looks already outstanding when he can focus on a short range primary threat, hopefully as he gets more experience he'll become more aware of secondary threats.
He is also waiver exempt and still on an awesome contract next season.

Dorofeyev I think he's been confirming lately that he can become a 30-goal scorer. Obviously waiver exempt as well and unless he explodes in the playoffs he should get a cap-friendly new contract, so I'm not sure how people in this thread seem to not even consider him lol
Handsome&FairMike
PostsCOLON 4810
JoinedCOLON Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:41 am
LocationCOLON Wolfville, NS

Post by Handsome&FairMike »

I mean you can justify it all you want but that’s a lot of uncertainty there. Personally not sure i’d do either piece alone for the pair, especially when CHI is gonna struggle this year and I’m not confident UPL adds much goaltending wise with LEVI arriving and definitely not convinced dorofyev contributes more than wright.

Definitely a big head scratcher…
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

Chicago jus needs to b reminded of valuations in different part of season/offseason.

combination of kyuss jus takin advantage (shame on him)of long timeline btwn playoff ending/draft/start of next season, and banking on chicago gm forgetting just how valuable these assets he owns are. this what he does yr in yr out. he's running out of premium assets to stock for future.

would you really have needed to pay up premium future assets for some backup goalie and a player not relevant to a teams overall depth, moments before draft time where ur picks are worth the MOST out of the yr?

you dont need to spend this type of assets right NOW in april, to stock up "early/cheap"

trust me when i say u would have had plenty of time to find ur roster goalie depth just before season begins in late September because contenders need to cut contacts and cap. your team would be a bottome feeder with or withour your 1st in 2024 + with or without UPL/doro in your system at the same time. best interest wouldve been to keep your top 5 pick year in year out until you are sure enough that you have enuff future assets to convert to contention

this is just unfortunate but poor asset management/recognition of value that you hold with your relevant assets, in accordance to yearly continuous timeline of our league calendar. this deal isnt something you can just simply justify by saying "u guys didnt offer enuff", or "i decided to just take this even if it's cheaper than what I could've gotten". you will undoubtedly take another twenty steps back if this deal goes thru. it's just simply not something you should've pulled the trigger on no matter what.

u are also welcomed to just ask for some valuable advice before making deals like this. it is apparent you may b still shaky on what kinda deal should be made using certain kind of assets you own.
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

kyuss wroteCOLON Sun Apr 16, 2023 6:48 am UPL has the tools to become an above avg starter in the future, his numbers this season can't tell much considering Sabres' defense in front of him was atrocious, conceding odd men rushes time after time as soon they went down in the score.

Anyways, he looks already outstanding when he can focus on a short range primary threat, hopefully as he gets more experience he'll become more aware of secondary threats.

Dorofeyev I think he's been confirming lately that he can become a 30-goal scorer. Obviously waiver exempt as well and unless he explodes in the playoffs he should get a cap-friendly new contract, so I'm not sure how people in this thread seem to not even consider him lol
1. Too bad UPL has done nothing since turning pro to indicate he can be anything more than a NHL backup...and not even a good one at that.

2. Too bad Levi is the guy moving forward in Buffalo. Anyone with even a cursory knowledge of that system knows it's Levi's net long term. Not only that came fresh out of college and clearly demonstrated he's a superior goalie.

3. You can pump Dorofeyev all you want, but he's clearly not even in the realm of conversation with the pieces going the other way. Even with you pumping his best case scenario he might be equal to one of the (2) guys you got's floor?

There is no justifying this trade. You should honestly just sit there quietly and give blessings to whatever deity you pray to for even allowing such a trade to occur.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

I don't understand this trade at all.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

CasperX22 wroteCOLON Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:12 am
kyuss wroteCOLON Sun Apr 16, 2023 6:48 am UPL has the tools to become an above avg starter in the future, his numbers this season can't tell much considering Sabres' defense in front of him was atrocious, conceding odd men rushes time after time as soon they went down in the score.

1. Too bad UPL has done nothing since turning pro to indicate he can be anything more than a NHL backup...and not even a good one at that.

2. Too bad Levi is the guy moving forward in Buffalo. Anyone with even a cursory knowledge of that system knows it's Levi's net long term. Not only that came fresh out of college and clearly demonstrated he's a superior goalie.

3. You can pump Dorofeyev all you want, but he's clearly not even in the realm of conversation with the pieces going the other way. Even with you pumping his best case scenario he might be equal to one of the (2) guys you got's floor?

There is no justifying this trade. You should honestly just sit there quietly and give blessings to whatever deity you pray to for even allowing such a trade to occur.
I have a couple of breaking news for you Casper.

The fact UPL has done nothing for you doesn't mean he hasn't shown his potential to other people, like those in the NHL. Considering how careless his team was in front of him and the improvements he can still make (like most inexperienced goalies at 24) his NHL stats this season were actually not bad. In fact he had games where he looked outstanding.

I understand your small goalie is on your team and is getting all the hype in the world, but speaking about having proved nothing in the pros.. he has played a total of 7 games up to this point, and he was lucky he didn’t have to face the shit storm that was thrown at Luukkonen in his first real season in the NHL.

The other news is that there are 31 more NHL teams. Even if Levi proves to be as good as his hype would suggest, a talented 6-4 young goalie is going to get his chances elsewhere.

It’s also interesting that when the package I got was offered to other GMs they apparently didn’t find it as appealing as you’re making it to be right now, otherwise that 1st and Wright would have landed elsewhere.
lightupdadarkness
PostsCOLON 4881
JoinedCOLON Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:37 pm

Post by lightupdadarkness »

Woof. This is a real trade? Bad trade with the potential to be pretty awful. I hope we look back on this and its somewhat fair ish but the census here is Chi could have easily done way better for either of these assets.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

I've like a lot of the things Booboo has done in this league until now...I just don't see how this makes a lot of sense.

Needing a goalie is understandable and if you want to give up young upside and futures...it makes sense if you're getting a bon-a-fide starter. I don't know what to make of Luukkonen but I'm not overly impressed by him right now.

I hope for Booboo's sake he's got designs on not living in the bottom of the standings this next year. Giving up your 1st as a rebuilding team with an iffy return is a choice.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
Welchie5
PostsCOLON 115
JoinedCOLON Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:40 pm

Post by Welchie5 »

I agree with the consensus that this is a lopsided trade. Originally I read 2023 1st rounder and I was shocked. A 2024 1st made it a bit more palatable. Perhaps I’m just bitter I didn’t sell UPL for a 1st :lol: .

This trade only ends up fair if Wright falls far below expectations. One NHL scout I spoke with doesn’t peg him higher than a middle 6 forward, so if they both end up in that range then it’s a wash. The other would be that UPL becomes a bonafide starter immediately to rocket Chicago up the standings to reduce the value of the 2024 1st.

All of that seems highly unlikely. The upside for Wright and the 1st is just too high to justify the trade, but only time will tell.
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

kyuss wroteCOLON Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:30 pm
CasperX22 wroteCOLON Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:12 am

I have a couple of breaking news for you Casper.

The fact UPL has done nothing for you doesn't mean he hasn't shown his potential to other people, like those in the NHL. Considering how careless his team was in front of him and the improvements he can still make (like most inexperienced goalies at 24) his NHL stats this season were actually not bad. In fact he had games where he looked outstanding.

I understand your small goalie is on your team and is getting all the hype in the world, but speaking about having proved nothing in the pros.. he has played a total of 7 games up to this point, and he was lucky he didn’t have to face the shit storm that was thrown at Luukkonen in his first real season in the NHL.

The other news is that there are 31 more NHL teams. Even if Levi proves to be as good as his hype would suggest, a talented 6-4 young goalie is going to get his chances elsewhere.

It’s also interesting that when the package I got was offered to other GMs they apparently didn’t find it as appealing as you’re making it to be right now, otherwise that 1st and Wright would have landed elsewhere.
I have news for you; Nobody here is buying what you're selling with the exception of BooBoo. Nobody in their right mind thinks that UPL is some great piece. The shine on his star burned out a long time ago. It's far more likely that he is out of the league in the next 2 years than him becoming even a top half of the league starting goalie.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

CasperX22 wroteCOLON Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:54 pm I have news for you; Nobody here is buying what you're selling with the exception of BooBoo. Nobody in their right mind thinks that UPL is some great piece. The shine on his star burned out a long time ago. It's far more likely that he is out of the league in the next 2 years than him becoming even a top half of the league starting goalie.
because top half of the league starting goalie wouldn't be good?
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to