BUTTON_POST_REPLY
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Re: NHL Transactions, Injuries & Rumours

Post by Shoalzie »

If they were even in games played with the other wild card hopefuls, I'd feel less confident but they have games in hand on the Islanders and Panthers. The Sabres have a game in-hand on the Wings and the Penguins are even in games with the Wings.

To me, they're in the mix but I don't expect their current winning form to hold up for the rest of the season. I figure they're a .500 team (guessing they probably win as much as they'll lose down the stretch) but in terms of points % right now, they're where they should be in the standings.

The Wings are too good to tank and sell but they aren't good enough to be a team that makes the playoffs and win a round. Especially if they have to make it out of the Atlantic gauntlet. Boston adding Orlov and Hathaway on top of what they already have...they're going to be a tough out obviously. The Wings standing pat just means they could make the playoffs but probably get bounced in 4 or 5 games in the first round. They're almost better off being where the Senators or Flyers are in the standings. Going on a winning streak probably screwed up Yzerman's plan either sell off a few pieces at the deadline.

Would I be mad if they made the playoffs? Since they've missed for the last 6 years...I kind of want it even if they aren't going to amount to anything. It gives you some kind of hope since there's still guys in the system like Kasper and Edvinsson but you don't have THAT guy in the system that could turn your entire team around. Problem is, they're too good to be in a position to draft Bedard or Fantilli. They're going to have build this team with mid-1st rounders or hope some of their later round picks are gems.

It's almost back to when they winning in the 90s and 2000s. They always drafted late in rounds and had to get lucky later round picks. This isn't the old days where you can buy players. Teams keep their best assets and you're left fighting over aging vets in free agency that want too much money. If Yzerman wants to be bold...he goes in on Meier or Chychrun. Don't add older players...add guys in their prime years at that can help now. One more week to to decide what to do...it's been years since the deadline has been the slightest bit interesting for Wings fans.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

Kapanen waived by the Pens

#BBKL
#VegasProud
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
Handsome&FairMike
PostsCOLON 4810
JoinedCOLON Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:41 am
LocationCOLON Wolfville, NS

Post by Handsome&FairMike »

Bruyns wroteCOLON Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:57 am
Handsome&FairMike wroteCOLON Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:10 am
Bruyns wroteCOLON Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:21 am I feel pretty confident the Wings won't be a playoff team.
Interesting. I like what they have going on.
Shaping up to be two of

PIT
FLA
NYI
OTT
WSH
DET
BUF

I just don't see DET playing well enough down the stretch to stay in front of 5 of those teams.
Gimme DET and NYI.
Best goaltending. Maybe PIT but man did they look bad vs edmonton last night.
lightupdadarkness
PostsCOLON 4881
JoinedCOLON Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:37 pm

Post by lightupdadarkness »

Nucks get Vitali Kravtsov from the New York Rangers in exchange for F William Lockwood and a 7th round pick in the 2026
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

lightupdadarkness wroteCOLON Sat Feb 25, 2023 3:19 pm Nucks get Vitali Kravtsov from the New York Rangers in exchange for F William Lockwood and a 7th round pick in the 2026
my players switch teams. probably good for kravtsov and will be tough for lockwood to find time in ny.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

SJS trades Timo Meier to NJD for a bunch of 1sts

#BBKL
#FLAMES
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

Nashville trades Jeannot to Tampa Bay for Foote + 1st+ 2nd + 3rd + 4th + 5th

#BBKL
#DUCKS

Love this think jeannot will do well in Tampa
lightupdadarkness
PostsCOLON 4881

Nsh selling high after what’s looking like a career year last year. Seems like a great return for Nsh given all the picks on top of Foote
lightupdadarkness
PostsCOLON 4881

Gotta think the devils do the Timo trade any day of the week. Seems like a lot of potential depth for Timo
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136
JoinedCOLON Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Post by CasperX22 »

So Jeannot will play even less...nice
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

https://www.nhl.com/devils/news/meier-p ... -341548510
San Jose Receives Conditional 2024 Second-Round Pick: Should New Jersey reach the 2023 Eastern Conference Finals (and Meier plays in at least 50% of Meier's Club's Playoff games in 2023) or the 2024 Eastern Conference Finals, New Jersey will transfer its own first-round pick in 2024 NHL Draft to San Jose (top 10 protected), instead of its own second-round pick in 2024 NHL Draft. If New Jersey's first-round pick in 2024 NHL Draft is a top 10 selection, New Jersey will have the option to instead transfer its own first-round pick in 2025 NHL Draft to San Jose. Should New Jersey transfer its first-round pick in 2024 NHL Draft per the original condition (top-two above in Condition A), New Jersey will instead transfer its own first-round pick in 2025 NHL Draft should they reach the 2024 Eastern Conference Finals.
LMAO

Sorry Scott, looks like we clearly need to step up with our conditions in BBKL :lol:
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

kyuss wroteCOLON Mon Feb 27, 2023 5:06 am https://www.nhl.com/devils/news/meier-p ... -341548510
San Jose Receives Conditional 2024 Second-Round Pick: Should New Jersey reach the 2023 Eastern Conference Finals (and Meier plays in at least 50% of Meier's Club's Playoff games in 2023) or the 2024 Eastern Conference Finals, New Jersey will transfer its own first-round pick in 2024 NHL Draft to San Jose (top 10 protected), instead of its own second-round pick in 2024 NHL Draft. If New Jersey's first-round pick in 2024 NHL Draft is a top 10 selection, New Jersey will have the option to instead transfer its own first-round pick in 2025 NHL Draft to San Jose. Should New Jersey transfer its first-round pick in 2024 NHL Draft per the original condition (top-two above in Condition A), New Jersey will instead transfer its own first-round pick in 2025 NHL Draft should they reach the 2024 Eastern Conference Finals.
LMAO

Sorry Scott, looks like we clearly need to step up with our conditions in BBKL :lol:

I've got no problem with conditional deals...as long as it involves assets they actually own. Meaning, I wouldn't want to see conditions where a team might owe a 3rd round pick even though the team doesn't currently possess one.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

This Friday might be a little less exciting but I'd rather see a full week of fun trades than just one afternoon.

I figure a trade involving Kane can't be too far behind.

While I've enjoyed the Wings flirting with the playoffs right now...I'm looking at the top of the East right now and I'm thinking maybe missing the playoffs by a couple points ain't all that bad.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

Shoalzie wroteCOLON Mon Feb 27, 2023 6:56 am This Friday might be a little less exciting but I'd rather see a full week of fun trades than just one afternoon.

I figure a trade involving Kane can't be too far behind.

While I've enjoyed the Wings flirting with the playoffs right now...I'm looking at the top of the East right now and I'm thinking maybe missing the playoffs by a couple points ain't all that bad.
Just to be clear our deadline is Monday before lock right
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Correct...it would be next Monday evening ahead of Week 21. Plus, I assume Mik is doing a C/W update as well.

We have a week to go. We can essentially make moves over the weekend in response to the NHL deadline on Friday.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

Shoalzie wroteCOLON Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:45 am Correct...it would be next Monday evening ahead of Week 21. Plus, I assume Mik is doing a C/W update as well.

We have a week to go. We can essentially make moves over the weekend in response to the NHL deadline on Friday.
So I need to perform the update as soon as possible after tonight's roster lock, correct?

Also, we may want to announce the incoming update and our trade deadline timing?
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

If you can have a preliminary list ready earlier this week, that would help. I know you like to keep an eye on players who are right on the borderline as well. Consider it a "Watch List".

Certain players who are way over or way under the FOR threshold, they could safely go on the pending list.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

kyuss wroteCOLON Mon Feb 27, 2023 10:38 am
Shoalzie wroteCOLON Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:45 am Correct...it would be next Monday evening ahead of Week 21. Plus, I assume Mik is doing a C/W update as well.

So I need to perform the update as soon as possible after tonight's roster lock, correct?

Also, we may want to announce the incoming update and our trade deadline timing?
I see we did announce it already:
http://bbkl.ca/viewtopic.php?p=332068#p332068
2023 BBKL Trade Deadline

Monday, Mar 6 - 6pm EST (trade MUST be posted and confirmed) (this is the FINAL week of our regular season also)

as for the C/W update, it's coming very soon
Handsome&FairMike
PostsCOLON 4810
JoinedCOLON Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:41 am
LocationCOLON Wolfville, NS

Post by Handsome&FairMike »

Thanks Mik!
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Yeah, I thought either you or Dave posted it before.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to