CHI - NSH

Trades that have been confirmed on the forum and have been reviewed and processed by the league are moved here.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Re: CHI - NSH

Post by Matthew »

Shit happens. He will learn from it and won't make the mistake again.

Would be hilarious if he wins the deal long term and we all eat our words tho
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Matthew wroteCOLON Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:55 pmWould be hilarious if he wins the deal long term and we all eat our words tho

In the end when we all critique a trade...we're basically handicapping who will "win the trade". When see you a lot of "good trade" or "fair trade" comments...it's probably a 50-50 proposition of who gets the better end of it.

This one looks pretty one sided but there are several factors to consider...

What is Wright's immediate future with the Kraken?
Who are the two primary goalies in Buffalo next season?
What is Dorofeyev's role with the Golden Knights next season?
Is Booboo still in "rebuild mode" in 2024?
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136
JoinedCOLON Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Post by CasperX22 »

Shoalzie wroteCOLON Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:18 pm
Matthew wroteCOLON Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:55 pmWould be hilarious if he wins the deal long term and we all eat our words tho

In the end when we all critique a trade...we're basically handicapping who will "win the trade". When see you a lot of "good trade" or "fair trade" comments...it's probably a 50-50 proposition of who gets the better end of it.

Most trades are a 50/50 or 60/40 proposition, but I think any reasonable person knows this one is one sided and there isn't a positive spin to be put on this trade.

Let's say a best case scenario happens for BooBoo and Wright and Dorofeyev wind up being similar players. That's probably the best he can hope for and then he is still trading what is likely a top 5 pick for a backup goalie. Even in most bad trades you can at least point to at least 1 scenario where a deal works out ok for the GM on the short end, but I don't see a single scenario where BooBoo comes out looking OK here. This is honestly the most one sided trade I've ever seen in any league.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

I'm more intrigued by Dorofeyev after this deal but it looks Mark Stone bumped him out of their lineup to Game 1 tonight. I haven't seen him play.

He had a nice season with Henderson last year. Solid prospect for an organization that lacks prospect depth. I imagine he'll get chances to play since the Golden Knights are always going to be a capped-out team and they need cheap players to round out the lineup. Barbashev, Kessel and Blueger are all UFAs.

With Luukkonen...is it basically between he and Levi to be the Sabres starter next year? Comrie has a year left on his deal and Luukkonen can still clear waivers next season unless they roll with 3 or they push Comrie out the door.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

CasperX22 wroteCOLON Tue Apr 18, 2023 3:52 pm
Shoalzie wroteCOLON Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:18 pm

Most trades are a 50/50 or 60/40 proposition, but I think any reasonable person knows this one is one sided and there isn't a positive spin to be put on this trade.

Let's say a best case scenario happens for BooBoo and Wright and Dorofeyev wind up being similar players. That's probably the best he can hope for and then he is still trading what is likely a top 5 pick for a backup goalie. Even in most bad trades you can at least point to at least 1 scenario where a deal works out ok for the GM on the short end, but I don't see a single scenario where BooBoo comes out looking OK here. This is honestly the most one sided trade I've ever seen in any league.
Lmao, best case scenario for him is backup goalie, okay
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

kyuss shud leave cc if interest of the league health is secondary to his empire building
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

Shoalzie wroteCOLON Tue Apr 18, 2023 4:51 pm I'm more intrigued by Dorofeyev after this deal but it looks Mark Stone bumped him out of their lineup to Game 1 tonight. I haven't seen him play.

He had a nice season with Henderson last year. Solid prospect for an organization that lacks prospect depth. I imagine he'll get chances to play since the Golden Knights are always going to be a capped-out team and they need cheap players to round out the lineup. Barbashev, Kessel and Blueger are all UFAs.

With Luukkonen...is it basically between he and Levi to be the Sabres starter next year? Comrie has a year left on his deal and Luukkonen can still clear waivers next season unless they roll with 3 or they push Comrie out the door.
UPL will not be the starter long term, but Mik already knew that.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

kimmer wroteCOLON Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:15 pm kyuss shud leave cc if interest of the league health is secondary to his empire building
not sure what this means, but I've asked to be replaced in CC a long time ago and no one stepped up to do so
Handsome&FairMike
PostsCOLON 4810
JoinedCOLON Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:41 am
LocationCOLON Wolfville, NS

Post by Handsome&FairMike »

kimmer wroteCOLON Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:15 pm kyuss shud leave cc if interest of the league health is secondary to his empire building
Just a stupid comment. Takes two to tango…
Welchie5
PostsCOLON 115
JoinedCOLON Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:40 pm

Post by Welchie5 »

Shoalzie wroteCOLON Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:42 pm While I don't like rehashing that deal...you can't apples-to-apples compare these two moves based on the assets involved.

Remember that was in July 2018 (right after our 2018 draft where my pick was 13th overall)...and I moved my top two picks in the 2020 draft. I had designs on pushing for the playoffs so in my mind, those picks were hopefully not going to be in the lottery. Unfortunately, I never got closer to the playoffs and I ended up in the top 10 range in 2020.

Back to what I said about Booboo...unless he plans on improving his roster for next year, that's likely going to be a top 5 again in 2024 plus he already gave up the player chosen #1 in the most recent draft.

Mik...you don't have to justify this deal. I think most are questioning if from Chicago's point of view. The two players he acquired aren't the issue really...it's the return and he's very much a rebuilding team.
I agree with the fact that Mik doesn’t need to justify the trade, we all agree he won the trade. In the wise words of Joe Thornton: “I’d have my cock out if I [made this trade], I’d have my cock out, stroking it”*

*quote may have been slightly altered
Handsome&FairMike
PostsCOLON 4810
JoinedCOLON Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:41 am
LocationCOLON Wolfville, NS

Post by Handsome&FairMike »

Welchie5 wroteCOLON Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:01 am
Shoalzie wroteCOLON Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:42 pm While I don't like rehashing that deal...you can't apples-to-apples compare these two moves based on the assets involved.

Remember that was in July 2018 (right after our 2018 draft where my pick was 13th overall)...and I moved my top two picks in the 2020 draft. I had designs on pushing for the playoffs so in my mind, those picks were hopefully not going to be in the lottery. Unfortunately, I never got closer to the playoffs and I ended up in the top 10 range in 2020.

Back to what I said about Booboo...unless he plans on improving his roster for next year, that's likely going to be a top 5 again in 2024 plus he already gave up the player chosen #1 in the most recent draft.

Mik...you don't have to justify this deal. I think most are questioning if from Chicago's point of view. The two players he acquired aren't the issue really...it's the return and he's very much a rebuilding team.
I agree with the fact that Mik doesn’t need to justify the trade, we all agree he won the trade. In the wise words of Joe Thornton: “I’d have my cock out if I [made this trade], I’d have my cock out, stroking it”*

Been waiting a while to use that one eh Welchie
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

Handsome&FairMike wroteCOLON Wed Apr 19, 2023 4:33 am
hows that stupid
he can more than likely help out the league in his best ability/capacity any time he wishes
but wearing that yellow title to say he belongs in cc whos supposed to look out for league wide interest as a whole, presents in bad optic the more trades he makes like this one, esp with those who are considered new-ish to bbkl
guy needed 2024 lottery picks stocked up, he realized he didnt have any moving forward. it's an agenda. good or bad, it was an agenda of his
he took the path of least resistance and went to someone who he can easily handle in talks
not like i am proposing to kick him out of league. people get r*ped in trades, it's whatever
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

kimmer wroteCOLON Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:51 am
hows that stupid
he can more than likely help out the league in his best ability/capacity any time he wishes
but wearing that yellow title to say he belongs in cc whos supposed to look out for league wide interest as a whole, presents in bad optic the more trades he makes like this one, esp with those who are considered new-ish to bbkl
guy needed 2024 lottery picks stocked up, he realized he didnt have any moving forward. it's an agenda. good or bad, it was an agenda of his
he took the path of least resistance and went to someone who he can easily handle in talks
not like i am proposing to kick him out of league. people get r*ped in trades, it's whatever
At its heart, BBKL is a competition. Mik winning a deal isnt his fault. It's the other league GMs with goalies asking ridiculous prices. To think that they were asking more than this amount is pretty laughable...they essentially boxed themselves out of winning a deal by trying to get the ultimate rape.

Anyway long off season let's have some fun boys. Can't wait to see some more trades.

I'll probably be looking for a decent goalie: hope it doesn't cost this much.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
Arian The Insider
PostsCOLON 7304
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:05 pm

Post by Arian The Insider »

It costs around a 2nd round pick for a backup, I'd be surprised if anyone was asking for this much
Click Oilers image below for full team roster
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

hows that stupid
Well said my little Asian brother
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

Matthew wroteCOLON Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:28 pm
hows that stupid
At its heart, BBKL is a competition. Mik winning a deal isnt his fault. It's the other league GMs with goalies asking ridiculous prices. To think that they were asking more than this amount is pretty laughable...they essentially boxed themselves out of winning a deal by trying to get the ultimate rape.

Anyway long off season let's have some fun boys. Can't wait to see some more trades.

I'll probably be looking for a decent goalie: hope it doesn't cost this much.
Good luck with that. Precedent has been set.
Welchie5
PostsCOLON 115
JoinedCOLON Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:40 pm

Post by Welchie5 »

Handsome&FairMike wroteCOLON Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:04 am
Welchie5 wroteCOLON Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:01 am

Been waiting a while to use that one eh Welchie
The thread seemed like it could use a note of levity
Booboo (hawks)
PostsCOLON 71
JoinedCOLON Sun Jun 05, 2022 3:29 pm

Post by Booboo (hawks) »

Arian The Insider wroteCOLON Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:36 pm It costs around a 2nd round pick for a backup, I'd be surprised if anyone was asking for this much
Be surprised, be very surprised.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Honestly, it depends on what you're shopping for.

I just needed "a backup" and I got Scott Wedgewood right before the season started:

http://bbkl.ca/viewtopic.php?t=17180

I didn't say I wanted a "good backup" or "great backup", I just wanted "a backup". You can get "a backup" for a fair price if you ask around or see what teams are looking to offer.

If you have high hopes for Luukkonen, I'm not saying what you paid was worth it, but you did get your guy.

Considering what Mik paid to get Luukkonen originally...

http://bbkl.ca/viewtopic.php?t=17163

...he makes out like a bandit after this deal and it's not like Luukkonen is that high up in his goalie depth chart. To him, it's a huge value win.
Arian The Insider
PostsCOLON 7304
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:05 pm

Post by Arian The Insider »

Booboo (hawks) wroteCOLON Wed Apr 19, 2023 4:06 pm
Arian The Insider wroteCOLON Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:36 pm It costs around a 2nd round pick for a backup, I'd be surprised if anyone was asking for this much
Be surprised, be very surprised.
I would have had no problem trading Forsberg to you for a 2nd, assuming Lehner is back.

Have to exercise patience sometimes, off-season literally just started
Click Oilers image below for full team roster
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to