CHI - NSH

Trades that have been confirmed on the forum and have been reviewed and processed by the league are moved here.
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136
JoinedCOLON Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Re: CHI - NSH

Post by CasperX22 »

kyuss wroteCOLON Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:09 pm
CasperX22 wroteCOLON Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:54 pm I have news for you; Nobody here is buying what you're selling with the exception of BooBoo. Nobody in their right mind thinks that UPL is some great piece. The shine on his star burned out a long time ago. It's far more likely that he is out of the league in the next 2 years than him becoming even a top half of the league starting goalie.
because top half of the league starting goalie wouldn't be good?
To justify this trade he better damn well be better than the 16th best goalie in the league.
Booboo (hawks)
PostsCOLON 71
JoinedCOLON Sun Jun 05, 2022 3:29 pm

Post by Booboo (hawks) »

All sorts of opinions, I don’t think I need to explain anymore than I already did. I know it’s a high price but not high considering the asks I had elsewhere.

The one person I will address is the old hawks gm, who abandons his team but wants to return to throw in his 2 pennies; you my “friend” have no voice anymore so come back, tell stories, say hi to others but please refrain from commenting on my team. You left and now it’s mine to do as I please and pick the players I want. Take the hawks pic away from your avatar while you’re at it, you’re not affiliated to this team
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Again, I'm not a huge fan of this deal but I know how it is to make deals with Mik. He drives a hard bargain when it comes to his assets. To his credit, he rarely sells low or gives in and he gets good value back in his trades. He's resource-rich but he doesn't compromise on what he wants in return for each pick or player he owns.

If you're giving up 1st round picks/value, it's obviously better to younger players or players with upside. I've given up late lottery/mid-round 1sts in the past and got veterans with not a lot of tread on the tires. Whatever you acquire, you hope you get a lot of mileage out of those pieces if you're giving up assets with a greater market value.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

Booboo (hawks) wroteCOLON Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:43 pm The one person I will address is the old hawks gm, who abandons his team but wants to return to throw in his 2 pennies; you my “friend” have no voice anymore so come back, tell stories, say hi to others but please refrain from commenting on my team. You left and now it’s mine to do as I please and pick the players I want. Take the hawks pic away from your avatar while you’re at it, you’re not affiliated to this team
HAH! LOVE the Ruthlessness!

Edit: I know it's been 10 years, but while we're at it @cliff11 FUCK YOU! The Ducks are mine!
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
JoinedCOLON Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:27 am
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

Booboo (hawks) wroteCOLON Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:43 pm All sorts of opinions, I don’t think I need to explain anymore than I already did. I know it’s a high price but not high considering the asks I had elsewhere.

The one person I will address is the old hawks gm, who abandons his team but wants to return to throw in his 2 pennies; you my “friend” have no voice anymore so come back, tell stories, say hi to others but please refrain from commenting on my team. You left and now it’s mine to do as I please and pick the players I want. Take the hawks pic away from your avatar while you’re at it, you’re not affiliated to this team
You can take all the shots you want and you don't have to listen to me either (not like you ever did), but this does not take away from the terrible deal here. A likely lottery pick and former 1st overall pick should never equate to a fringe goalie and a dime a dozen prospect winger. Give your head a shake. If there is anyone abandoning the Hawks it's you, setting this team back another 3 years with this trade.

P.S. I'll always have time for colour commentary, regardless of whether or not I am managing a team.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

Da_Hawks wroteCOLON Mon Apr 17, 2023 2:13 pm You can take all the shots you want and you don't have to listen to me either (not like you ever did), but this does not take away from the terrible deal here. A likely lottery pick and former 1st overall pick should never equate to a fringe goalie and a dime a dozen prospect winger. Give your head a shake.
a former 1st overall pick? maybe Wright was 1st overall in the OHL draft?
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

http://bbkl.ca/viewtopic.php?t=16956

I think what he's referring to is Wright was selected 1st overall in our draft last year. That was Chicago's own pick.

The 3rd overall was acquired by Chicago and Slafkovsky was picked then.
Welchie5
PostsCOLON 115
JoinedCOLON Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:40 pm

Post by Welchie5 »

I believe he was referring to the BBKL draft as well. But Wright was the 1st overall pick in the OHL too. One could suggest its more of an honour to be first overall in the BBKL, no? ;)
Booboo (hawks)
PostsCOLON 71
JoinedCOLON Sun Jun 05, 2022 3:29 pm

Post by Booboo (hawks) »

Shoalzie wroteCOLON Mon Apr 17, 2023 2:43 pm http://bbkl.ca/viewtopic.php?t=16956

I think what he's referring to is Wright was selected 1st overall in our draft last year. That was Chicago's own pick.

Never liked Wright but I like the habs and thought they’d go with him, hence my selection.
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
JoinedCOLON Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:27 am
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

Booboo (hawks) wroteCOLON Mon Apr 17, 2023 2:48 pm
Shoalzie wroteCOLON Mon Apr 17, 2023 2:43 pm http://bbkl.ca/viewtopic.php?t=16956

Never liked Wright but I like the habs and thought they’d go with him, hence my selection.
He was the correct choice and remains the correct choice. Dumping him now is a poor decision given the return, especially given the premium put on centers.
Arian The Insider
PostsCOLON 7304
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:05 pm

Post by Arian The Insider »

Surely this is getting vetoed?
Worst I've seen in many years here
Click Oilers image below for full team roster
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

and since when we are vetoing trades?

I mean, just an example of the trades that were let go in the past:
http://bbkl.ca/viewtopic.php?t=15066
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

kyuss wroteCOLON Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:39 am and since when we are vetoing trades?

That was a fair deal dunno what you're talking about
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

Matthew wroteCOLON Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:50 am
kyuss wroteCOLON Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:39 am and since when we are vetoing trades?

yeah, aside from the fact the two picks were on the wrong side of the deal :lol:
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Vetoing a deal really isn't something we actually do. Teams are entitled to make the trades they want to make, criticism be damned.
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136
JoinedCOLON Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Post by CasperX22 »

As bad as that was, this is still far worse. UPL+Dorofeyev isn't worth either of the pieces going your way let alone both.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

kyuss wroteCOLON Tue Apr 18, 2023 11:04 am
Matthew wroteCOLON Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:50 am

yeah, aside from the fact the two picks were on the wrong side of the deal :lol:

I later voiced my displeasure with that trade as time went on. I basically refused to trade Wennberg because of the hefty price I spent on him. I finally relented and moved him to Calgary for a few pieces. Obviously, I lost value in the cycle but that will happen.

(For the record, my position in the 2020 draft was 9th overall...Matthew picked Jamie Drysdale with that 1st)

We might like a deal when we first make it but as time goes on, you might live to regret it. I've got several deals that I'll kick myself for doing.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

CasperX22 wroteCOLON Tue Apr 18, 2023 11:06 am

As bad as that was, this is still far worse. UPL+Dorofeyev isn't worth either of the pieces going your way let alone both.
on the contrary, in that deal Jenner was clearly a better BBKL piece than Wennberg, and somehow a lottery pick and another good pick went along Jenner.

In this current deal instead it's all up in the air, cause we aren't talking established players, so it could go either way
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

While I don't like rehashing that deal...you can't apples-to-apples compare these two moves based on the assets involved.

Remember that was in July 2018 (right after our 2018 draft where my pick was 13th overall)...and I moved my top two picks in the 2020 draft. I had designs on pushing for the playoffs so in my mind, those picks were hopefully not going to be in the lottery. Unfortunately, I never got closer to the playoffs and I ended up in the top 10 range in 2020.

Back to what I said about Booboo...unless he plans on improving his roster for next year, that's likely going to be a top 5 again in 2024 plus he already gave up the player chosen #1 in the most recent draft.

Mik...you don't have to justify this deal. I think most are questioning if from Chicago's point of view. The two players he acquired aren't the issue really...it's the return and he's very much a rebuilding team.
Arian The Insider
PostsCOLON 7304
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:05 pm

Post by Arian The Insider »

This deal is just insanely bad, worse than any of the recent terrible deals

It's going to hurt Chicago too much.
If it was a seasoned GM then whatever, be stupid.

But this is a newer GM on a bottom feeder trading a blue
chipper and his next first rounder for 2 pieces that aren't even close to worth either 1 of the pieces alone.

If he wanted goalie gp so bad, the asking price for a backup is approximately a 2nd rounder.. it's just such an unnecessary deal to make
Click Oilers image below for full team roster
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to