Anaheim Ducks (Matthew)
40%

Total votesCOLON 15

kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Re: GDT - 2023 BBKL Championship

Post by kyuss »

Da_Hawks wroteCOLON Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:07 pm Ya'll really need to get with the times and allow subs during the playoffs.
you were the only real support I got on this and you left your team :x
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Matthew wroteCOLON Sat Apr 08, 2023 12:51 pm Ugh.

Now Makar, Cernak, jeannot and SERGACHEV

Half my defense out 🤣

You hold the lead through the halfway point in GP. The decisions by teams in the final few games will be interesting...who sits or who is dinged up and is kept out of the end of the regular season.

It's awesome McDavid reached 150 points yesterday. As great as he's been, I don't see him hitting the 160s and catching Mario and Gretzky for the most points since the 90s. He's put up the most points in a season in 27 years. Mario putting up 160 in only 60 games in '92-93 is incredible but it was a different time then. His 64 goals is 8th most since the 90s. He can at least catch or pass Ovechkin's 65 goals from '07-08. Mario had 69 goals both of his 160+ point seasons in the 90s. I don't know if we'll see someone approach Hull's 86 from '90-91.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

Shoalzie wroteCOLON Sun Apr 09, 2023 4:33 am

Half my defense out 🤣

You hold the lead through the halfway point in GP. The decisions by teams in the final few games will be interesting...who sits or who is dinged up and is kept out of the end of the regular season.

It's awesome McDavid reached 150 points yesterday. As great as he's been, I don't see him hitting the 160s and catching Mario and Gretzky for the most points since the 90s. He's put up the most points in a season in 27 years. Mario putting up 160 in only 60 games in '92-93 is incredible but it was a different time then. His 64 goals is 8th most since the 90s. He can at least catch or pass Ovechkin's 65 goals from '07-08. Mario had 69 goals both of his 160+ point seasons in the 90s. I don't know if we'll see someone approach Hull's 86 from '90-91.
No we've both played 49gp, and he has 52gp remaining while I have 49gp remaining.

But it's not like I'm missing avg players in my lineup. Serg and makar are two of the top 5 fantrax dmen in bbkl, so it's painful to miss. If they miss a combined 7 or 8 games I could be missing out on like 12 points and alot of periphs.

But regardless them the breaks. I use makar knowing he's always getting injured and that is part of the GMing process. I could have went for a more eternally healthy dman.

Almost all of the categories are extremely close. It's gonna be an exciting final week!

Good luck, Welch.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
JoinedCOLON Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:27 am
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

kyuss wroteCOLON Sun Apr 09, 2023 4:21 am
Da_Hawks wroteCOLON Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:07 pm Ya'll really need to get with the times and allow subs during the playoffs.
I'll wait for a more progressive group of GMs to gather before making my comeback. Maybe then... :lol:
Booboo (hawks)
PostsCOLON 71
JoinedCOLON Sun Jun 05, 2022 3:29 pm

Post by Booboo (hawks) »

It only makes sense to sub, imo. We play weekly so why 2weeks all of a sudden when it matters most
Welchie5
PostsCOLON 115
JoinedCOLON Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:40 pm

Post by Welchie5 »

Matthew wroteCOLON Sun Apr 09, 2023 9:24 am
Shoalzie wroteCOLON Sun Apr 09, 2023 4:33 am

Half my defense out 🤣

No we've both played 49gp, and he has 52gp remaining while I have 49gp remaining.

But it's not like I'm missing avg players in my lineup. Serg and makar are two of the top 5 fantrax dmen in bbkl, so it's painful to miss. If they miss a combined 7 or 8 games I could be missing out on like 12 points and alot of periphs.

But regardless them the breaks. I use makar knowing he's always getting injured and that is part of the GMing process. I could have went for a more eternally healthy dman.

Almost all of the categories are extremely close. It's gonna be an exciting final week!

Good luck, Welch.
You've been hit hard, but yet somehow still remain in the lead across the board - kudos to you. Whatever happens, we're giving the fans the entertainment they deserve!
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

Booboo (hawks) wroteCOLON Sun Apr 09, 2023 4:15 pm
It only makes sense to sub, imo. We play weekly so why 2weeks all of a sudden when it matters most
we were actually talking about subs for injured players in 1-week playoff rounds as well, but yeah, not even subs in the 2-week final have been allowed yet :|
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Allowing subs for Week 2 based on (verified) injuries seems more justified than allowing teams to just swap out players for poor performances or they're being healthy scratched.

I think of it similar to how they do injury replacements in playoff baseball during a series. You take a player out and replace them with a healthy player but in MLB's case, that player has to miss multiple rounds. In our case, we're down to the final week of the season. That's I think it should limited to players who have a documented injury.
Handsome&FairMike
PostsCOLON 4810
JoinedCOLON Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:41 am
LocationCOLON Wolfville, NS

Post by Handsome&FairMike »

The other thing we now have to consider is maybe avoiding the final week of the NHL season as teams start “resting” players for the playoffs. Don’t remember it being such an issue in past years, but really could have a negative impact on a finals. Maybe we shorten the regular season by a week?
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

Handsome&FairMike wroteCOLON Mon Apr 10, 2023 11:29 am The other thing we now have to consider is maybe avoiding the final week of the NHL season as teams start “resting” players for the playoffs. Don’t remember it being such an issue in past years
yeah it's been for years, but in past yrs it wasn't only happening in the last week either, so...

to some extent it's a byproduct of the idiotic seeding system the NHL has implemented, which means several playoff teams have basically nothing to play for in the last part of the season. Fuckin buttman
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

kyuss wroteCOLON Mon Apr 10, 2023 11:55 amto some extent it's a byproduct of the idiotic seeding system the NHL has implemented, which means several playoff teams have basically nothing to play for in the last part of the season. Fuckin buttman

Outside of the Atlantic, there are a lot of positions in the other divisions left to be decided and only 1 of the 4 wild card spots clinched. There's a lot of meaningful games left to be played. I'm not a huge Bettman fan but I think the final 4 or 5 days of this season will be eventful.

Adjusting to Injuries and general lineup decisions are always at the discretion of the NHL clubs. I think you get more volatility with the lottery teams because they don't need to win and they're just as interested in getting prospects into their lineup.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

Starting to get alot more interesting.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Seems like offense and goaltending are quite competitive...you've got a pretty good lead in the periphs right now.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

Shoalzie wroteCOLON Tue Apr 11, 2023 11:18 am Seems like offense and goaltending are quite competitive...you've got a pretty good lead in the periphs right now.
Blocks are close and FOW he has a big center gp advantage remaining.
Welchie5
PostsCOLON 115

Post by Welchie5 »

Matthew wroteCOLON Tue Apr 11, 2023 11:34 am
Shoalzie wroteCOLON Tue Apr 11, 2023 11:18 am Seems like offense and goaltending are quite competitive...you've got a pretty good lead in the periphs right now.
Blocks are close and FOW he has a big center gp advantage remaining.
Honestly FOW was one I thought would’ve been a lock for me based on how the rest of the playoffs have compared - but with Berg and Matthews getting breathers it has put a huge dent in my accumulation. I have a lot of catch-up to do.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

It's been in Matthew's favor since the start but it'll come down to these final few days. Flip a couple of categories to your side and we're looking at a tie or an outright lead.

Interesting to see how the Calgary goalies play tonight now that their final game has no stakes.
Welchie5
PostsCOLON 115

Post by Welchie5 »

Shoalzie wroteCOLON Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:18 am It's been in Matthew's favor since the start but it'll come down to these final few days. Flip a couple of categories to your side and we're looking at a tie or an outright lead.

Interesting to see how the Calgary goalies play tonight now that their final game has no stakes.
If they aren't getting me a shutout - certainly not holding my breath on that - then I just need them to get me a damn W!
Welchie5
PostsCOLON 115

Post by Welchie5 »

Welchie5 wroteCOLON Wed Apr 12, 2023 11:42 am
Shoalzie wroteCOLON Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:18 am It's been in Matthew's favor since the start but it'll come down to these final few days. Flip a couple of categories to your side and we're looking at a tie or an outright lead.

If they aren't getting me a shutout - certainly not holding my breath on that - then I just need them to get me a damn W!
Andddd as I wrote that I saw that Wolf has been confirmed as the starter. Damn.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

What's also interesting is I see the Bruins called up Brandon Bussi from Providence. I wonder if they're giving him the crease for their finale tomorrow.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

Welchie5 wroteCOLON Wed Apr 12, 2023 11:43 am
Welchie5 wroteCOLON Wed Apr 12, 2023 11:42 am

Andddd as I wrote that I saw that Wolf has been confirmed as the starter. Damn.
Lmao. Most likely scenario is you win blocks and FOW and we tie, but you have home team advantage.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to