lol Shep leaving with the historic upset
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Re: GDT - BBKL Round 2 Playoffs

Post by Shoalzie »

Matthew wroteCOLON Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:13 am Shall we have a ceremony to celebrate the beheading?

Nah, a peaceful transition of power would suffice.

It would be wild if Shep wins it all. He can go full CM Punk and leave the promotion with the belt.

I won't book the Montreal Screwjob to keep Shep from leaving as champ.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

Of course right after doing it I see a way I didn't need to
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

whaat?
dave1959
PostsCOLON 5138
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:43 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario

Post by dave1959 »

quite the goaltending battle in the PHI-BUF matchup

3.57 vs 3.71 GAA
.888 vs .875 Save %

YIKES!
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Must not be a pro wrestling fan, Mik...
Welchie5
PostsCOLON 115
JoinedCOLON Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:40 pm

Post by Welchie5 »

Matthew wroteCOLON Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:56 am Of course right after doing it I see a way I didn't need to
As the old saying goes, sucks to suck.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

Shoalzie wroteCOLON Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:43 am Must not be a pro wrestling fan, Mik...
that's an understatement actually, I always hated it :lol:
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Funny thing is, I like it because it's stupid and fake...excuse me, "pre-determined".
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

with mackinnon going to 12m aav, miller getting a raise and pavelski marchand and petry getting on in years is it time for a buffalo rebuild? cash in on a few guys? gottanother yr in ur back pocket?
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177
JoinedCOLON Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 am

Post by Bruyns »

I'll be competitive, but pretty much impossible to be as good as I have been for the last 7 years.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

The one thing I'll say about most top contending teams in this league is they rarely have that one guy on the roster that kills them with their big salary. Even Toronto carrying McDavid and Matthews...those guys are on the short list of players who are actually worth that salary. The best teams tend to have the best salary allocation. They have a nice balance of players with reasonable salaries. Every once in a while, you need to push a guy out the door if they start making too much.

I look at Matt's team, MacKinnon gets a sizeable raise but he's got also got some reliable vets on reasonable contracts like Marchand and Hyman. He's never carried an overly expensive defense. Obviously, goaltending needs to be addressed if he wants to stay in the mix. Campbell has obviously been a disappointment when I thought he'd at least put up similar numbers that he had in Toronto.

He's got a nice group of prospects...you either keep those guys under glass or he can package some up and make improvements and stay very much a major player in the title picture.

Every team gets older after a season finishes up...it's figuring out which contracts will prevent you from carrying the best possible roster. Matt's strength been his salary cap management and carrying a balanced roster. Big salaries can screw up that balance but you just need to figure out if it's one guy or more that have to go and who replaces them?

I'm not shedding any tears for him...he's still in very good shape in spite of an early exit.
hong57
PostsCOLON 7106
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:38 pm

Post by hong57 »

Shoalzie wroteCOLON Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:38 am The one thing I'll say about most top contending teams in this league is they rarely have that one guy on the roster that kills them with their big salary. Even Toronto carrying McDavid and Matthews...those guys are on the short list of players who are actually worth that salary. The best teams tend to have the best salary allocation. They have a nice balance of players with reasonable salaries. Every once in a while, you need to push a guy out the door if they start making too much.

I look at Matt's team, MacKinnon gets a sizeable raise but he's got also got some reliable vets on reasonable contracts like Marchand and Hyman. He's never carried an overly expensive defense. Obviously, goaltending needs to be addressed if he wants to stay in the mix. Campbell has obviously been a disappointment when I thought he'd at least put up similar numbers that he had in Toronto.

He's got a nice group of prospects...you either keep those guys under glass or he can package some up and make improvements and stay very much a major player in the title picture.

Every team gets older after a season finishes up...it's figuring out which contracts will prevent you from carrying the best possible roster. Matt's strength been his salary cap management and carrying a balanced roster. Big salaries can screw up that balance but you just need to figure out if it's one guy or more that have to go and who replaces them?

I'm not shedding any tears for him...he's still in very good shape in spite of an early exit.
i have the best contracts of the whole league in tage thompsin, elias lindholm, vilardi, larsson who are due for raises.. toffoli has been v good too for 4mil-ish.. although i do have some overpayment, which i am very sad to say, like JT.. but i think im actually one team that really never had much changes over the years (JT, lindholm(since i drafted him in 2013), ovi, chabot(since drafted), hayton (since i drafted, and very happy for his breakout in time for playoffs), vilardi, matheson (since i drafted in 2011/2, and having a career season)... i don't intend to change anything much except my annually sending off contracts to paul
it was a season full of surprises for me and i wouldn't be surprised more candidates break out next season for me!
until then, see you guys in the draft :D good luck for the rest of the playoffs
#91 - John Tavares
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

I put over Mik quite often for how well he does with keeping a deep prospect pool and using that to supplement needs on his roster. I think teams like Minnesota, Edmonton, New Jersey and Anaheim get a lot of mileage out of their high draft picks. When you can add young talent to an already good roster and they can produce while on their ELC or before they get their big payday, that's so valuable and gives a team more flexibility with their roster. They don't necessarily have to spend all their draft picks to add talent...they can grow their own. That's obviously the organizational model I'm shooting for.

Draft picks can be good currency in the trade market but if you've got a strong enough roster, you can keep your picks and make selections and mix in those players when they're ready. I know trades fuel roster turnover in our league but the sooner I can ween myself from that option the better. Being able to solve roster needs in-house seems to be the most economical way build and maintain a roster.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

Week 2 All Star Team*

JT Miller (BUF) - Suzuki (EDM) - Kempe (TML)

Matheson (MIN) - Larsson (MIN)

Andersen (TBL)

Best Rookie: Noah Cates (COL)

*leading fantrax scores at each position
Matthew wroteCOLON Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:27 pm Round 1 All Star Team*

JT Miller (BUF) - Mika Zibanejad (WSH) - Valeri Nichushkin (ANA)

Cale Makar (ANA) - K'Andre Miller (NSH)

Igor Shestyorkin (NSH)

Best Rookie: Jake Sanderson (MIN)

*leading fantrax scores at each position
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to