GDT - BBKL Round 2 Playoffs

Anything goes here OT stuff is OK too!
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

GDT - BBKL Round 2 Playoffs

Post by Matthew »

WESTERN CONFERENCE

Anaheim Ducks (2) vs Colorado Avalanche (8)
These two shit talkers match up in week two hoping to rip each other a new one: Which one will be going home with his tail between his legs? Matthew seems to have a stronger all around defense while Colorado sports the better all around forwards and goaltending. It should be a fun week with finns Aho/Eriksson matching up, and the NHLs last two norris winners Makar/Fox on the back end.

Minnesota Wild (3) vs Edmonton Oilers (4)
Two of the offensive bigwigs in the regular season (3rd/2nd, respectively) face off. Arians Edmonton Oilers have offensive super weapons Big Drai and lil Mitchy Marner up front and Devon Toews on the back end. Honger and his Wild boys clap back with Tage Thompson, Mr Ovechkin and the fella 2nd in points this season among dmen Josh Morrissey. Lets hope that Arian can actually get a start from Backup Desmith this week cuz its unlikely he wins two weeks in a row with zero goalie starts. Especially against a team that seems to match Edmontons stats in most categories. Although with Samsonov seemingly injured at the end of this week Hong may need to start one of his weaker 'tenders (Craig Anderson/Phoenix Copley)

EASTERN CONFERENCE

Toronto Maple Leafs (1) vs Tampa Bay Lightning (7)
Tampa pulls of a big upset over #2 New Jersey and will need to up his game even more this week as he faces super team Toronto who made some big moves at the deadline to possibly become the BBKL Favourite. Toronto: McDavid/Matthews/Bergeron at center? Crouse/Hathaway/Lewis picking up winger periphs? but dont worry Tampa will respond with: LOL Goodluck Tampa!!

(Tampa is probably the favourite in Goaltending. Will probably need to get the goaltending cats and surprise in a few others.)

Buffalo Sabres (3) vs Philadelphia Flyers (5)
Although Bruyns Buffalo has to be the fabourite winning the past 5 BBKL titles as he is claim to arguably the 2nd best offensive center in the NHL Mackinnon and two way beasts like Miller and Marchand, Philadelphia is a team built to pull off an upset as he has arguably two of the best offensive wingers in the NHL Kucherov and Huberdeau as well as a solid defense with recently traded Orlov who is playing great with his new team. His biggest weapon may be Juicy Saros in the net although Buffalo has his NHL NSH teammate Lankinen to counteract.

So long and thanks for all the fish:
Nashville Predators
Dallas Stars
Vancouver Canucks
Los Angeles Kings
New Jersey Devils
Pittsburgh Penguins
Montreal Canadiens
Washington Capitals
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
hong57
PostsCOLON 7106
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:38 pm

Re: GDT - BBKL Round 2 Playoffs

Post by hong57 »

it is quite complicated.. i actualy duno how many games will sammy play, copley may actually play 75% of the starts.. but if sammy plays two games then i may cross the max...

just wondering.. according to the rule, who will win the goalie categories if one team crosses the max start while another team started / played 0 minutes :lol:
#91 - John Tavares
Welchie5
PostsCOLON 115
JoinedCOLON Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:40 pm

Post by Welchie5 »

Matthew wroteCOLON Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:18 pm WESTERN CONFERENCE

Anaheim Ducks (2) vs Colorado Avalanche (8)
These two shit talkers match up in week two hoping to rip each other a new one: Which one will be going home with his tail between his legs? Matthew seems to have a stronger all around defense while Colorado sports the better all around forwards and goaltending. It should be a fun week with finns Aho/Eriksson matching up, and the NHLs last two norris winners Makar/Fox on the back end.

Minnesota Wild (3) vs Edmonton Oilers (4)
Two of the offensive bigwigs in the regular season (3rd/2nd, respectively) face off. Arians Edmonton Oilers have offensive super weapons Big Drai and lil Mitchy Marner up front and Devon Toews on the back end. Honger and his Wild boys clap back with Tage Thompson, Mr Ovechkin and the fella 2nd in points this season among dmen Josh Morrissey. Lets hope that Arian can actually get a start from Backup Desmith this week cuz its unlikely he wins two weeks in a row with zero goalie starts. Especially against a team that seems to match Edmontons stats in most categories. Although with Samsonov seemingly injured at the end of this week Hong may need to start one of his weaker 'tenders (Craig Anderson/Phoenix Copley)

EASTERN CONFERENCE

Toronto Maple Leafs (1) vs Tampa Bay Lightning (7)
Tampa pulls of a big upset over #2 New Jersey and will need to up his game even more this week as he faces super team Toronto who made some big moves at the deadline to possibly become the BBKL Favourite. Toronto: McDavid/Matthews/Bergeron at center? Crouse/Hathaway/Lewis picking up winger periphs? but dont worry Tampa will respond with: LOL Goodluck Tampa!!

(Tampa is probably the favourite in Goaltending. Will probably need to get the goaltending cats and surprise in a few others.)

Buffalo Sabres (3) vs Philadelphia Flyers (5)
Although Bruyns Buffalo has to be the fabourite winning the past 5 BBKL titles as he is claim to arguably the 2nd best offensive center in the NHL Mackinnon and two way beasts like Miller and Marchand, Philadelphia is a team built to pull off an upset as he has arguably two of the best offensive wingers in the NHL Kucherov and Huberdeau as well as a solid defense with recently traded Orlov who is playing great with his new team. His biggest weapon may be Juicy Saros in the net although Buffalo has his NHL NSH teammate Lankinen to counteract.

So long and thanks for all the fish:
Nashville Predators
Dallas Stars
Vancouver Canucks
Los Angeles Kings
New Jersey Devils
Pittsburgh Penguins
Montreal Canadiens
Washington Capitals
Enjoyed the write-up, thanks! Good luck to all the remaining teams.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

You look at the West right now...Colorado has the steadiest goaltending situation with both Stars goalies. The Ducks have the Bruins' 1A goalie who just came off back-to-back shutouts. The Wild have a pair of 1A goalies with Samsonov and Copley and the Oilers have been trying to get by without Lehner all season and DeSmith has been decent of late.

Toronto is only team in the East with a team's tandem with Markstrom and Vladar but that's not been the same tandem as last year. The Sabres trying to hold onto their dynasty with a shaky Jack Campbell and a backup in Lankinen. The Flyers might have best starter with Saros and Tampa's duo is statistically strong but it seems they've always had only one of them healthy at a time.

With scoring up right now in the NHL...can teams truly depend on winning the goaltending categories? Is it just a luck of the draw? If your goalies just get the right matchups to perform best on a given week. You probably can't depend on goaltending as much as you probably could in the past. We saw teams with Vasilevskiy and Shesterkin both get eliminated. You obviously get far in the playoffs if you get contributions from everyone in your lineup but what is the value of goaltending this time of year?
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177
JoinedCOLON Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 am

Post by Bruyns »

Goaltending matters in the regular season and it's why I was down in the standings compared to past seasons. You play four teams a week and good goalie stats will let you pile up the points.

In the playoffs just get a GP and that's all that matters IMO.
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177

Post by Bruyns »

hong57 wroteCOLON Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:58 pm it is quite complicated.. i actualy duno how many games will sammy play, copley may actually play 75% of the starts.. but if sammy plays two games then i may cross the max...

just wondering.. according to the rule, who will win the goalie categories if one team crosses the max start while another team started / played 0 minutes :lol:
They left Samsonov at home and are on the road so I think you are safe.

4-5-2 : No team can exceed four (4) goalie starts in a playoff matchup. If a team exceeds the playoff 4-goalie-starts per week limit, all Wins recorded by its goalies will be erased. Furthermore, eventual shutouts recorded by the goalie with less starts will be erased as well (all shutouts recorded will be erased if the goalies have the same number of starts; in that scenario exceeding the total of 4 means at least 3 starts each, hence breaking the limit by
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

Shoalzie wroteCOLON Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:17 am You look at the West right now...Colorado has the steadiest goaltending situation with both Stars goalies. The Ducks have the Bruins' 1A goalie who just came off back-to-back shutouts. The Wild have a pair of 1A goalies with Samsonov and Copley and the Oilers have been trying to get by without Lehner all season and DeSmith has been decent of late.

Toronto is only team in the East with a team's tandem with Markstrom and Vladar but that's not been the same tandem as last year. The Sabres trying to hold onto their dynasty with a shaky Jack Campbell and a backup in Lankinen. The Flyers might have best starter with Saros and Tampa's duo is statistically strong but it seems they've always had only one of them healthy at a time.

With scoring up right now in the NHL...can teams truly depend on winning the goaltending categories? Is it just a luck of the draw? If your goalies just get the right matchups to perform best on a given week. You probably can't depend on goaltending as much as you probably could in the past. We saw teams with Vasilevskiy and Shesterkin both get eliminated. You obviously get far in the playoffs if you get contributions from everyone in your lineup but what is the value of goaltending this time of year?
Anaheim has the 1b goalie not 1a goalie.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

You can call it 1A/1B. I look at a starter with a good backup as a 1 and 1A scenario. Obviously Ullmark is THE guy in the Boston right now which probably put the brakes on what you imagined Swayman's claim to the #1 job. Ullmark was probably on more shaky ground to start the season but he's sure looked great but Swayman is going to push him to stay at his best.
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
JoinedCOLON Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:27 am
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

Upset city! Will and Kyuss both out in round 1 is great for this league. Further proof that only the great hockey minds win (or should that be singular in this league haha)... and that trying to just win trades instead of win games doesn`t get you anywhere.

Oh, and hi everyone! I check in every now and then, but rarely actually log in. Still fun to follow as a fan of BBKL.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Say what you want Mark but I'd rather be where Mik and Will are than being where I am and where your old team is. Both teams lost very close matchups and there's going to be several very good teams in the West that will disappointed before it is all said and done.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

Shoalzie wroteCOLON Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:19 am Say what you want Mark but I'd rather be where Mik and Will are than being where I am and where your old team is. Both teams lost very close matchups and there's going to be several very good teams in the West that will disappointed before it is all said and done.
All 8 Eastern teams will be dissapointed. Go West!
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

Shoalzie wroteCOLON Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:19 am Say what you want Mark but I'd rather be where Mik and Will are than being where I am and where your old team is. Both teams lost very close matchups and there's going to be several very good teams in the West that will disappointed before it is all said and done.
I`d rather be where my Hawks are then be where your Wings are ;)

I can`t see the Fantrax standings anymore, but assume the Hawks will have another great pick to work with in a stellar draft and will be challenging said powerhouses in no time! You don`t need 50 good players, just a great and well-constructed roster. Having McDavid wouldn`t hurt either.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

Da_Hawks wroteCOLON Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:34 am

I can`t see the Fantrax standings anymore, but assume the Hawks will have another great pick to work with in a stellar draft and will be challenging said powerhouses in no time! You don`t need 50 good players, just a great and well-constructed roster. Having McDavid wouldn`t hurt either.
Chicago will get a top 3 or 4 pick but it won't be Bedard
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177

Post by Bruyns »

Da_Hawks wroteCOLON Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:08 am Upset city! Will and Kyuss both out in round 1 is great for this league. Further proof that only the great hockey minds win (or should that be singular in this league haha)... and that trying to just win trades instead of win games doesn`t get you anywhere.

Oh, and hi everyone! I check in every now and then, but rarely actually log in. Still fun to follow as a fan of BBKL.
Kicking the poor guy when he's down haha. I've always said Mik could easily beat me if he overpaid for players to build a powerhouse team. A team loaded with assets dressing Aman, Colton, Kakko, Noesen, Perry is a choice, but one that he is content with.

I don't think I will win this year, been too lucky for too long and at risk of getting 0 goalie starts each week now. I'd put my $ on Toronto since the West hasn't won since 2016 and lets keep that streak going.
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

Matthew wroteCOLON Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:41 am
Da_Hawks wroteCOLON Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:34 am

Chicago will get a top 3 or 4 pick but it won't be Bedard
Booboo is an elite drafting GM. He`ll find the right one!
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

He missed the goalie start minimum by a few games. He did a nice job adding players in-season to get him safely over the skater GP barrier but since he moved out Forsberg in the process, he put all his eggs in Murray's basket to get him the starts.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Matthew wroteCOLON Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:25 am
All 8 Eastern teams will be dissapointed. Go West!

Western title drought since 2015-16...but then again, nobody has won a title other than Mr. Bruyns in that time.
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

Shoalzie wroteCOLON Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:46 am He missed the goalie start minimum by a few games. He did a nice job adding players in-season to get him safely over the skater GP barrier but since he moved out Forsberg in the process, he put all his eggs in Murray's basket to get him the starts.
Yeah, I did warn him against that. Luckily for him he got some value out of Forsberg before he died lol
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136
JoinedCOLON Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Post by CasperX22 »

Da_Hawks wroteCOLON Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:08 am Upset city! Will and Kyuss both out in round 1 is great for this league. Further proof that only the great hockey minds win (or should that be singular in this league haha)... and that trying to just win trades instead of win games doesn`t get you anywhere.

Is Will losing really an upset though? He was the 5 seed and Arian was favored to win. Either of those teams could've just as easily made it through to the Finals as much as getting bounced in the 1st Rd in this conference.
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

CasperX22 wroteCOLON Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:55 am

Is Will losing really an upset though? He was the 5 seed and Arian was favored to win. Either of those teams could've just as easily made it through to the Finals as much as getting bounced in the 1st Rd in this conference.
If one of them is upset because they lost, then yes.

Tell me you miss my logic Casper.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to