Anything goes here OT stuff is OK too!
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Re: 2022 Power Rankings

Post by Shoalzie »

While Mik makes valid points, everyone in the league plays by the same rules. No single team is at a disadvantage...we're all equally inconvenienced. For a 32-team league...they're going to always be good teams that make the playoffs but won't win the title. 31 teams won't win the championship this year.

If you have a deep roster but you're all tight against the cap...you might not have as many lineup options as you'd like to have. And frankly, this have been a weekly league since it's inception...we're all going get burned by the early week injury to a player and the player is a non-factor until the following Monday. Again, we're all equally inconvenienced here.

Mik has always had the resources to potentially go on a dynastic run similar to Matt...but he's also very protective of his assets. Teams that tend to win the championship make a few risky or ambitious moves that only help in the short team. Mik has always been a GM that thinks big picture and I don't think that's a bad thing. When you play the patient long game with your team...you're going to always be in contention but there's always a chance you don't win it all. To me, all you want each season is the thought that you have a team that could win...the results are generally out of our control. Players get hurt or go into slumps...and sometimes at the absolutely worst time. You build a roster that gives you a chance to win...not a guarantee to win.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
Fraser
PostsCOLON 3681
JoinedCOLON Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:38 am
LocationCOLON Perth, Western Australia

Post by Fraser »

Mik I will always remember our 3 month long Erik Karlsson negotiation when I first joined the league. You ended up putting 4 or 5 assets together in that deal. So I will always think of you as a big player buyer
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177
JoinedCOLON Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 am

Post by Bruyns »

Agree with Shoalzie about Mik being protective of his assets and also understand where Mik is coming from even though we disagree.

Making deadline deals and not winning shouldn't preclude you from doing it again. Maybe you just didn't go big enough? Kopitar + Deangelo for Mittelstadt + Heiskanen + 22 1st + 23 1st + good prospect, how could Dave turn that down when Kopitar probably doesnt align with his competitive window? You lose a little value and get a lot better.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

I'm sure Dave will find a way to keep kopitar.

But also not sure Mik needs kopitar given he has lundell in the minors and hintz about to move to C
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177

Post by Bruyns »

Matthew wroteCOLONI'm sure Dave will find a way to keep kopitar.

But also not sure Mik needs kopitar given he has lundell in the minors and hintz about to move to C
If Hintz is moving too then ya makes no sense. I was just throwing out an overpay on a guy off the top of my head.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

yeah given how our playoffs work that's the kind of deal I'm going to stay away from :D

(not that Dave would necessarily do it, I'd most likely get his automatic "no thanks" reply anyway)
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

was good to see Laine winning me this past week's matchup vs Bruyns after he called him out :D

lost all goalies' stats both weeks, and both weeks had a significant GP disadvantage, but at least this time it was not in double digits.
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177

Post by Bruyns »

You won GAA in all matchups. You won 7-6 and I would have won if Georgiev didn’t play 41 seconds one game when shesterkin got pulled by the concussion spotter. Good match though, your offence is tough to beat.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

ahah oh my, I missed that gem! If he made a save it would have made for the perfect crime lol

and yeah, it was entertaining for sure, especially the late comeback :P
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136
JoinedCOLON Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Post by CasperX22 »

So much for goalie stats sewering me.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

CasperX22 wroteCOLON Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:46 pm So much for goalie stats sewering me.

An original draft pick of yours to boot...and he's only 24 so he's got a lot of good years still in front of him.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

Always a bridesmaid never a bride
hong57
PostsCOLON 7106
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:38 pm

Post by hong57 »

can i have a quick check.. my goalie GP is around 4X.. for the season it is 82 max? and come playoff time if i have 2 starters (copley and samsonov).. i don't have to care about the 82 max for the season and just care about the playoff? (which is like 4 per week?)

Thanks.
#91 - John Tavares
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

hong57 wroteCOLON Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:52 pm can i have a quick check.. my goalie GP is around 4X.. for the season it is 82 max? and come playoff time if i have 2 starters (copley and samsonov).. i don't have to care about the 82 max for the season and just care about the playoff? (which is like 4 per week?)

Thanks.
You are currently at around 45 games started. Our bbkl regular season has a limit of 70 so you have no chance of passing it.

For the playoffs you are limited to 4 starts, so you will probably want to start only 1 of your 2 guys.
hong57
PostsCOLON 7106
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:38 pm

Post by hong57 »

Matthew wroteCOLON Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:22 am
hong57 wroteCOLON Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:52 pm can i have a quick check.. my goalie GP is around 4X.. for the season it is 82 max? and come playoff time if i have 2 starters (copley and samsonov).. i don't have to care about the 82 max for the season and just care about the playoff? (which is like 4 per week?)

Thanks.
You are currently at around 45 games started. Our bbkl regular season has a limit of 70 so you have no chance of passing it.

For the playoffs you are limited to 4 starts, so you will probably want to start only 1 of your 2 guys.
Thanks, which is 3 more weeks remaining right?
if both continues to be starter.. i have 25 more game plays.. and say each has 3 starts per week, so 6 starts per week.. x 3 weeks.. i shdn't be exceeding the limit
#91 - John Tavares
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to