Draft Discussion

Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Re: Draft Discussion

Post by Matthew »

If they are choosing between 2 players, an rfa and another player with a contract, they may want to make sure the contract the rfa signs with them will be suitable, and thus sign them as their selection.

With a really good ufa, it gives them a jump on 30 other teams, so if the ufa is high end enough, u may want to take him if u can over a low end player the team may have available.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
DApolloS
PostsCOLON 638
JoinedCOLON Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:24 am

Post by DApolloS »

Vegas didn't really sign any UFAs last time, right? Maybe Engelland, but I think that was it. Players seeing the success Vegas had, I think its entirely possible we see one of the big names sign with Seattle, maybe even more than 1.
Chuck Norris
PostsCOLON 4954
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:17 pm

Post by Chuck Norris »

Vegas signed Reid Duke as an UFA prior to the expansion draft. First ever Vegas player in its history. Fun fact. I only kjow that cause i deafted Duke back in the day...
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

A reminder, please make sure you complete your trades on Fantrax...not just on the forum.

I saw a bug in my GP formula and it was showing more players qualifying 27/54 than it should. That should be corrected now. Most of you should be able to comfortably meet this requirement so it shouldn't affect your choices.

I'll review everyone's sheets and confirm your lists starting tonight. The whole point of posting your lists is so I've got something to compare in case something acts up with your sheet. I'll make sure the correct names are selected on your sheet so there's no confusion. I'll lock your sheet after I've reviewed it and confirmed it's legal.

After the draft for record-keeping sake, I'll post all protection lists and re-post David's draft picks by team. I'm looking at our Vegas draft and record-keeping wasn't as thorough.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Finished my review of everyone's lists. Nobody had any issues with meeting the 27/54 exposure requirement and everyone had an eligible goalie they could expose.

I need confirmation from Shep about his selections. He completed his sheet at the end of May but I just want to make sure his picks are what they are. He's the only one who completed his sheet but didn't post a confirmation list.

Toronto is the only team that hasn't completed his list nor has he posted his picks.

From David's perspective, 29 of the 31 teams are good to go.
DApolloS
PostsCOLON 638

Post by DApolloS »

29 of the 31 teams are narrowed down. Some choices still need to be decided on, but things are close.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Do you have more trades to announce?

Also, make sure you and your trade partner are making the deals on Fantrax. We'll have to transfer all your selected players via trade also.
DApolloS
PostsCOLON 638

Post by DApolloS »

I have a handful already completed, they will be part of the expansion draft and then once I post my final pick, I'll post all the deals to be accepted publicly.

And yup, I'll send out trade offers following the draft.
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
JoinedCOLON Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:27 am
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

DApolloS wroteCOLONI have a handful already completed, they will be part of the expansion draft and then once I post my final pick, I'll post all the deals to be accepted publicly.

And yup, I'll send out trade offers following the draft.
How are we supposed to do a proper mock without knowing all the protection trades?

Post them up now!!!
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136
JoinedCOLON Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Post by CasperX22 »

Because I'm sure he's working on additional side deals leading up to the pick reveals. And nobody said you can't do a mock with your own predicted protection deals.
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

CasperX22 wroteCOLONBecause I'm sure he's working on additional side deals leading up to the pick reveals. And nobody said you can't do a mock with your own predicted protection deals.
I know the answer Casper. Thanks though.
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

Glad I could help
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

CasperX22 wroteCOLONGlad I could help
Always appreciated
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

I'd be willing to buy a high end high cap player if he selects some and the price is pretty decent. Josi + kusnetsov etc are high cap but teams would still pay a solid first for them.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

Feel free to entice Seattle to take those players and work out a trade for them then.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Tyler has submitted his list...we essentially have all 31 lists.

Has anyone spoke with Shep lately? I just wanted confirmation from him about his selections.
DApolloS
PostsCOLON 638

Post by DApolloS »

So the draft won't start up for another couple hours, but just to start the speculating, the first selection will be from The Carolina Hurricanes. In case you're worried about swaying my picks, all trades and my entire selection have been sent in to both my advisor and an Admin so everything is locked in
DApolloS
PostsCOLON 638

Post by DApolloS »

So just spoke with my doctor and this procedure might take a little longer than expected so for the sake of not starting things later, I will be starting the draft shortly. I'll edit my post(s) when I get home so the format looks cleaner in the selection thread.

Here we go.
Handsome&FairMike
PostsCOLON 4810
JoinedCOLON Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:41 am
LocationCOLON Wolfville, NS

Post by Handsome&FairMike »

DApolloS wroteCOLONSo just spoke with my doctor and this procedure might take a little longer than expected so for the sake of not starting things later, I will be starting the draft shortly. I'll edit my post(s) when I get home so the format looks cleaner in the selection thread.

Here we go.
Procedure?!
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to