Anything goes here OT stuff is OK too!
BUTTON_POST_REPLY
Tony
PostsCOLON 11222
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 10:29 pm
LocationCOLON Nevada

Re: NHL Transactions, Injuries & Rumours

Post by Tony »

Didn't someone get screwed over like this with Clarkson a while back?
Click banner to view current roster and picks
shooker
PostsCOLON 4382
JoinedCOLON Thu May 13, 2010 11:05 am

Post by shooker »

Tony wroteCOLONDidn't someone get screwed over like this with Clarkson a while back?
he lost him to waivers as well. Sent him to the minors when not waiver exempt.
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Lee »

Blues GM wroteCOLONI still don't see the rule that says if they are on the teams CBS page and spreadsheet but not in roster submission that they become waiver draft eligible.
Not really sure what you are trying to argue here. He was not on roster submission, the roster submission thread states that you must submit that player to retain their rights. He was not, and as such, is free to draft in the waiver draft. He was not eligible for pick up throughout last year because he was on an AHL contract.
bma
PostsCOLON 2282
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:44 pm

Post by bma »

Take it to the CC I guess. I'll go with whatever the ruling is. Not going to make a big fuss either way.
Click banner for full assets/roster
GM Achievements:
2013/14 - WC Quarterfinalist (Colorado Avalanche)
2012/13 - BBKL Finalist and WC Champion (Columbus Blue Jackets)
2011/12 - WC Semi-Finalist (Columbus Blue Jackets)
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828

Post by Lee »

Blues GM wroteCOLONI still don't see the rule that says if they are on the teams CBS page and spreadsheet but not in roster submission that they become waiver draft eligible.
http://bbkl.ca/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8785 - ALL your players need to appear in the roster you submit to keep their rights.
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828

Post by Lee »

Lee wroteCOLON
http://bbkl.ca/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8785 -
ALL your players need to appear in the roster you submit to keep their rights.

http://bbkl.ca/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=8662 -
Eligibility
Automatically eligible for the 2012/2013 Waiver draft are ALL bbkl-free players who were:
- born before january 1st 1993, if they played a season in N.A. when 18,19 or 20yrs old
- born before january 1st 1992, if they never played in N.A. when 18,19 or 20yrs old

Additionally, bbkl-free players already signed to a NHL contract are eligible as well, even if born later than that.
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828

Post by Lee »

Lee wroteCOLON
Lee wroteCOLON
http://bbkl.ca/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8785 -
ALL your players need to appear in the roster you submit to keep their rights.

http://bbkl.ca/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=8662 -
Eligibility
Automatically eligible for the 2012/2013 Waiver draft are ALL bbkl-free players who were:
- born before january 1st 1993, if they played a season in N.A. when 18,19 or 20yrs old
- born before january 1st 1992, if they never played in N.A. when 18,19 or 20yrs old

Additionally, bbkl-free players already signed to a NHL contract are eligible as well, even if born later than that.
Since his rights we not retained, he is a BBKL free player.
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828

Post by Lee »

PITT avoids Salary Arbitration with Robert Bortuzzo and agrees on 2 year deal -- AAV $600,000
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:15 am

Post by Nick »

Lee wroteCOLONI don't see how, the roster submission thread clearly states that players must be submitted to retain their rights. I legally drafted Damon Severson this year because he was not included in roster submission.
\

And you were rejected I thought?

Lee wtf is with trying to find a stupid loophole between a cbs (re-)listing, excel spreadsheets, waiver submission... these are accidents not designed attempts to circumvent the system. No way should someone be losing a player because of an accidental omission on a list when they are recorded elsewhere. ie CBS or even better, a well kept excel file- because of their inability to easily transfer to a spreadsheet, and onto the forum, it's easy to see how this happens.
bma
PostsCOLON 2282
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:44 pm

Post by bma »

If there is any doubt about me trying to sneak a player through because of the roster cap..I've never been close to the limit whether it was at 70 or 78. My roster has always been in the 60's.
Click banner for full assets/roster
GM Achievements:
2013/14 - WC Quarterfinalist (Colorado Avalanche)
2012/13 - BBKL Finalist and WC Champion (Columbus Blue Jackets)
2011/12 - WC Semi-Finalist (Columbus Blue Jackets)
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 pm
LocationCOLON San Juan, Puerto Rico

Post by The BBKL Insider »

i must say i agree with Nick,,,i found Ranger on his CBS + Excel roster.
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

He really wants Ranger lol...
Last edited by 1 on kimmer, edited 0 times in total.
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044

Post by Nick »

Lee wroteCOLON
Not really sure what you are trying to argue here. He was not on roster submission, the roster submission thread states that you must submit that player to retain their rights. He was not,

you are accurate up to there.

Lee wroteCOLON and as such, is free to draft in the waiver draft.
says where?

It's as simple as letting a GM know he has a typo in his roster submission... not hiding a player or releasing him.
Mike
Test 2
PostsCOLON 11390
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 7:08 pm

Post by Mike »

I agree with Lee here. If this isn't what the roster submission thread is for, what's the point of it?
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 pm
LocationCOLON San Juan, Puerto Rico

Post by The BBKL Insider »

Mike wroteCOLONI agree with Lee here. If this isn't what the roster submission thread is for, what's the point of it?

Seems like a topic for the CC

Lee
PostsCOLON 16828

Post by Lee »

Nick wroteCOLON
Lee wroteCOLONI don't see how, the roster submission thread clearly states that players must be submitted to retain their rights. I legally drafted Damon Severson this year because he was not included in roster submission.
\

And you were rejected I thought?

Lee wtf is with trying to find a stupid loophole between a cbs (re-)listing, excel spreadsheets, waiver submission... these are accidents not designed attempts to circumvent the system. No way should someone be losing a player because of an accidental omission on a list when they are recorded elsewhere. ie CBS or even better, a well kept excel file- because of their inability to easily transfer to a spreadsheet, and onto the forum, it's easy to see how this happens.
Why would it have been rejected? I drafted him legally. He was not included in roster submission. The roster submission thread states that anyone who does not submit the names of ALL OF THEIR PLAYERS will lose the rights to the players not submitted. Neither Severson nor Ranger were included. Therefore they are free agents. Severson was still entry draft eligible. Ranger was not eligible through the year as he had an AHL only contract. He is now waiver draft eligible.

It's a very slippery slope when people start to pick and choose which rules they want to follow.
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828

Post by Lee »

bcool wroteCOLONIf there is any doubt about me trying to sneak a player through because of the roster cap..I've never been close to the limit whether it was at 70 or 78. My roster has always been in the 60's.
No, I quoted Kareem because I originally posted that roster limits were 67, but they were 78 for this year, which deleted as incorrect. Kareem must have read my post and commented on the deleted post.
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828

Post by Lee »

gooker wroteCOLONHe really wants Ranger lol...
It has nothing to do with me wanting Ranger. There were rules clearly in place and now some people do not want to follow those rules.
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828

Post by Lee »

Nick wroteCOLON
Lee wroteCOLON
Not really sure what you are trying to argue here. He was not on roster submission, the roster submission thread states that you must submit that player to retain their rights. He was not,

you are accurate up to there.

Lee wroteCOLON and as such, is free to draft in the waiver draft.
says where?

It's as simple as letting a GM know he has a typo in his roster submission... not hiding a player or releasing him.
Why wouldn't he? It's not my job to monitor everyones roster and tell them when they fuck up.
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044

Post by Nick »

If i drafted sverson clearly in the draft thread, had him on my spreadsheet, had him on my CBS, and at no point had I been over the roster limit, I can see no logic in taking away a player for a mistake. It's actually rather petty.

Ditto on ranger, if there is a clear ownership thread where i acquired him, plus i had him on CBS, had him on my spreadsheet - and somehow he did not get copied into the roster submission thread properly, it's so clearly a fucking mistake ..

ugh... wtf where is common sense.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to