Post by Tony »

and?
Click banner to view current roster and picks
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Re: NHL Transactions, Injuries & Rumours

Post by Lee »

Matthieu Perreault re-ups in Washington. 2 years 1 mil per... Pretty sick deal for a 16 goal scorer.
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

Told u lol
inferno31
PostsCOLON 1805
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:15 pm
LocationCOLON NYC

Post by inferno31 »

Gervais signs in Philly as well 0.850 cap hit, 2 year deal.
Roster
inferno31
PostsCOLON 1805
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:15 pm
LocationCOLON NYC

Post by inferno31 »

Canucks sign Joslin.

Carlyle says he plans to start JVR at center (2 for 10 in NHL career). I.e. Hey Burke can you get me a real fucking center? Thanks.
Roster
Mike
Test 2
PostsCOLON 11390
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 7:08 pm

Post by Mike »

inferno31 wroteCOLONCanucks sign Joslin.

Carlyle says he plans to start JVR at center (2 for 10 in NHL career). I.e. Hey Burke can you get me a real fucking center? Thanks.
No harm in trying. We sure as hell need it.
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:15 am

Post by Nick »

That would be a wild addition if it works... Although he didn't play C at WJC or any point since leaving NCAA.
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

Really if they really thought getting jvr was their idea of getting their "centre" im speechless...
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Important signing for my club today as Dubnyk re-signs for 2 years, $7 million ($3.5 million cap hit). I need all the salary I can get...happy to see him get a healthy rasie.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=400004
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:15 am

Post by Nick »

Haven't really said my take on the leafs adding McClemment: When we take his statistics league-wide we see some bad news.

There are 308 forwards with 1000 or more own zone start and with adjusting for minutes of ice time (past 2 years) Jay sits 303rd in terms of goals against rate, a little better (but still crap) 270th in terms of opponents goals for toi.

So, to summarize that, Jay played often with solid defensive teammates, lined up against weaker offensive opponents and still had a dreadful goals against average while he was on the ice.

Now, that's the #; i actually think he's a little better than that, and sometimes the numbers can outright lie. But I think his game has gotten worse each year since 2008. He's probably better than Steckle in terms of 5v5 and the pk. Not going to complain, but not sure we got better.
bills09
PostsCOLON 9280
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:10 pm
LocationCOLON Pickering, Ontario

Post by bills09 »

Nick wroteCOLONHaven't really said my take on the leafs adding McClemment: When we take his statistics league-wide we see some bad news.

There are 308 forwards with 1000 or more own zone start and with adjusting for minutes of ice time (past 2 years) Jay sits 303rd in terms of goals against rate, a little better (but still crap) 270th in terms of opponents goals for toi.

So, to summarize that, Jay played often with solid defensive teammates, lined up against weaker offensive opponents and still had a dreadful goals against average while he was on the ice.

Now, that's the #; i actually think he's a little better than that, and sometimes the numbers can outright lie. But I think his game has gotten worse each year since 2008. He's probably better than Steckle in terms of 5v5 and the pk. Not going to complain, but not sure we got better.
played for some not very good teams in the process.
rebuilding St Louis, and Colorado.
Chuck Norris
PostsCOLON 4954
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:17 pm

Post by Chuck Norris »

Nick wroteCOLONHaven't really said my take on the leafs adding McClemment: When we take his statistics league-wide we see some bad news.

The thing you forget is that McClement is one of the premier defensive forwards in the NHL right now. Night after night he's matched up against the teams top lines. Its no wonder the guy is like -25 every year when you're tasked with shutting down the Ovechkins, Malkins and Girouxs of the league. Why do you think he was acquired in the EJ deal a few years back? Colordao recognized the important skill set he brings to a team. One of the most underrated players in the league IMO! Very nice pick up by the Leafs.
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by Shep »

He's better than Steckel in every facet of the game except on the dot.
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by Shep »

Listening to local radio here in Pittsburgh and they mentioned today that Semin's camp has contacted the Pens and if he's willing to take a 4-5 year deal as opposed to 7-10+ we may be interested...

I'd LOVE that..
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
Chris
PostsCOLON 3619
JoinedCOLON Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:06 pm

Post by Chris »

Worth mentioning, Radek Faksa is the first 2012 draftee to sign an ELC contract. Better for me, it's apparently the maximum.
bills09
PostsCOLON 9280
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:10 pm
LocationCOLON Pickering, Ontario

Post by bills09 »

Chris wroteCOLONWorth mentioning, Radek Faksa is the first 2012 draftee to sign an ELC contract. Better for me, it's apparently the maximum.
not sure why thats a happy move.
3.8M for the first three years for Faksa ouchie.
I doubt its the max though
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to