NHL Transactions, Injuries & Rumours

Anything goes here OT stuff is OK too!
BUTTON_POST_REPLY
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:15 am

Re: NHL Transactions - lots of dmen injuries

Post by Nick »

He's never not looked good, it's all about the foot... unless you got tight-insider info I'd wager you "hope" its going to happen, perhaps a little self-fulfilling prophecy.

With that said, I'm like everyone else here -> would love to see Foppa in another playoff push.
bills09
PostsCOLON 9280
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:10 pm
LocationCOLON Pickering, Ontario

Post by bills09 »

The Devil wroteCOLON
MSP4LYFE wroteCOLON
The Devil wroteCOLONOk, so he should help out other teams out there and let a free wallet sneak by to go to a possible contender? Nabokov should wipe his ass and just play hockey. Snow has stated he was ready to give Nabokov an extension into next season. Nabokov is the fucking baby here, you don't leave for the KHL thinking it'll be better for you and come crawling back half way through the season.. fuck that little Russian fag. He wanted a contract, a chance to start, and a chance to compete for the SC. 2 out of 3 isn't bad considering his situation.
This "free wallet" is on his last legs, and whether or not he goes to a contender has no impact on the Islanders they aren't contenders themselves, nor are they in the same conference as Detroit, by the time they are ready to compete Nabakov will no longer be relevant in hockey. Furthermore, it was clear from the letter sent out to all general managers that Nabakov wasn't going to play for a rebuilding team. This claim makes sense for a playoff team in need of a starter, or a rival of Detroit, not the Islanders, IMO.
It's a battle, the Isles needed a goaltender. As much as everyone knows the Isles are out of the playoffs, they need to do something for their fans. Snow stated publicly that he had intentions of extending Nabokov, and who is to say the Islanders wouldn't contend next season? I'm not a psychic.

The claim had nothing to do with being a douche, it had everything to do with proving to the Islander fans that they want to improve and be a better team. Whether Nabokov wanted to play for them or not was irrelevant.
The guy returned for a chance at a Stanley Cup, and to rejuvinate his career.
playing on a craptacular Islanders club isnt gonna get him another gig elsewhere.
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044

Post by Nick »

I don't see how this makes G.Snow a douche at all... Two injured goalies, neither of whom measure up well compared to Nabakov... He {Nabby} did not get himself into a situation where he can chose where to play -> He's being offered a chance to start, be part of a young team that could win some games now that they are getting healthy, and an extension has been put on the table -> that's a nice situation, and he will be a UFA at seasons end... Suck it up butter-cup... :mrgreen:
Scott
PostsCOLON 7701
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:21 pm
LocationCOLON London, Ontario

Post by Scott »

bills09 wroteCOLON
The Devil wroteCOLON
MSP4LYFE wroteCOLON
The Devil wroteCOLONOk, so he should help out other teams out there and let a free wallet sneak by to go to a possible contender? Nabokov should wipe his ass and just play hockey. Snow has stated he was ready to give Nabokov an extension into next season. Nabokov is the fucking baby here, you don't leave for the KHL thinking it'll be better for you and come crawling back half way through the season.. fuck that little Russian fag. He wanted a contract, a chance to start, and a chance to compete for the SC. 2 out of 3 isn't bad considering his situation.
This "free wallet" is on his last legs, and whether or not he goes to a contender has no impact on the Islanders they aren't contenders themselves, nor are they in the same conference as Detroit, by the time they are ready to compete Nabakov will no longer be relevant in hockey. Furthermore, it was clear from the letter sent out to all general managers that Nabakov wasn't going to play for a rebuilding team. This claim makes sense for a playoff team in need of a starter, or a rival of Detroit, not the Islanders, IMO.
It's a battle, the Isles needed a goaltender. As much as everyone knows the Isles are out of the playoffs, they need to do something for their fans. Snow stated publicly that he had intentions of extending Nabokov, and who is to say the Islanders wouldn't contend next season? I'm not a psychic.

The claim had nothing to do with being a douche, it had everything to do with proving to the Islander fans that they want to improve and be a better team. Whether Nabokov wanted to play for them or not was irrelevant.
The guy returned for a chance at a Stanley Cup, and to rejuvinate his career.
playing on a craptacular Islanders club isnt gonna get him another gig elsewhere.
Why wouldn't it? He holds the fort down for the remainder of this season and then becomes a UFA. Unless he's as garbage as he was in the KHL this season then it would be tough for him to get a job. If he's a good goalie, then he will get that "gig".

BACK-TO-BACK BBKL CHAMPIONS!!! 2009-2010 & 2010-2011
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 4:22 pm
LocationCOLON Mississauga, Ontario
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

The Devil wroteCOLONIt's a battle, the Isles needed a goaltender. As much as everyone knows the Isles are out of the playoffs, they need to do something for their fans. Snow stated publicly that he had intentions of extending Nabokov, and who is to say the Islanders wouldn't contend next season? I'm not a psychic.

Whether or not Nabakov wanted to play is very relevant...You can't prove to your fans that you want to win, and improve if said player doesn't play.

Furthermore, from what I understand Snow never said he would sign Nabakov. What snow said (paraphrasing), is that he would not rule out resigning Nabakov after the season, which is essentially saying nothing at all.
Scott
PostsCOLON 7701

Post by Scott »

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLON
The Devil wroteCOLONIt's a battle, the Isles needed a goaltender. As much as everyone knows the Isles are out of the playoffs, they need to do something for their fans. Snow stated publicly that he had intentions of extending Nabokov, and who is to say the Islanders wouldn't contend next season? I'm not a psychic.

Whether or not Nabakov wanted to play is very relevant...You can't prove to your fans that you want to win, and improve if said player doesn't play.

Furthermore, from what I understand Snow never said he would sign Nabakov. What snow said (paraphrasing), is that he would not rule out resigning Nabakov after the season, which is essentially saying nothing at all.
So it all depended on how he performed.. absolutely. Trying to make an addition of a former All-Star, whether he said he wouldn't report or not is, indeed, showing your fans that you care and want to improve. How can it not be? And just because the odds are very much stacked against the Isles making the playoffs, they are not mathematically eliminated and in desperate need of a goalie.

MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

The Devil wroteCOLONSo it all depended on how he performed.. absolutely. Trying to make an addition of a former All-Star, whether he said he wouldn't report or not is, indeed, showing your fans that you care and want to improve. How can it not be? And just because the odds are very much stacked against the Isles making the playoffs, they are not mathematically eliminated and in desperate need of a goalie.
You are looking at the move in isolation, not only two weeks prior the Isles dealt away their top blueliner (Wisniewski) and #1 goaltender (Dwayne Roloson). This was a cheap attempt at acquiring a free asset, not proving to their fans that they are in it to win it, that ship sailed.

As for the contract, we have no idea if a strong performance would have landed him an extension from the Isles, what Snow remarked in no way suggests that. In fact, I would argue it is more likely that they run with the youth, or sign a cheaper veteran to perform the lions share of duties.
inferno31
PostsCOLON 1805
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:15 pm
LocationCOLON NYC

Post by inferno31 »

Savard Diagnosed with another concussion
To no one’s surprise, BOS’s Marc Savard has been diagnosed with a concussion. Out indefinitely at this point.
Also Kulemin's nose injures Gleasons fist..
Roster
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Lee »

Semin resigns for a year, 6.7 mil, according to twitter.
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

Kezia wroteCOLONSemin resigns for a year, 6.7 mil, according to twitter.
That's so weird...Another one year 6+ deal? I fail to see how that benefits Semin or the Capitals.
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Lee »

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLON
Kezia wroteCOLONSemin resigns for a year, 6.7 mil, according to twitter.
That's so weird...Another one year 6+ deal? I fail to see how that benefits Semin or the Capitals.
700k raise, makes it so he's not a distraction for the rest of the year wile they are trying to push for the play-offs and can hammer out something long term.
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

That would make sense if it were the case, but I am hesitant to believe it is.
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by Shep »

I fucking hate my life.
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
armandtanzarian

Post by armandtanzarian »

Snipeshow wroteCOLONI fucking hate my life.
I am sure there is an ointment available for that.
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044

Post by Nick »

Silly Nathan has been hurt for some time... also missing a lot of shots that he would normally score... effort has been good IMO, but production is what a guy making his salary is judged on -> time to get those #'s back on track.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

Contradictory rumous out of Sweden on foppa.

a newspaper claims he could sign today and even play on Tuesday (which kind of discredit it)
http://www.svd.se/sp...nhl_5906671.svd

another one goes in the opposite direction
http://www.aftonblad...ticle8494942.ab
..will not play vs Anaheim or Minnesota.
..things hasn't worked as well as he would like when the intensity during practice has increased (due to something with the protection stuff around his foot). He has not taken a decision yet. The article also says he either will play in the NHL or retire.

:|

the good thing is it wouldn't be the first time Aftonbladet had crap going..
Scott
PostsCOLON 7701

Re: NHL Transactions - lDubinsky & Callahan BACK!!

Post by Scott »

Dubinsky & Callahan are back for the Rangers. I hope Dubie isn't rushing back lol. 4-6 weeks turned into 7-10 days.

bills09
PostsCOLON 9280
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:10 pm
LocationCOLON Pickering, Ontario

Post by bills09 »

The Devil wroteCOLONDubinsky & Callahan are back for the Rangers. I hope Dubie isn't rushing back lol. 4-6 weeks turned into 7-10 days.
what was the exact injury
Scott
PostsCOLON 7701

Post by Scott »

bills09 wroteCOLON
The Devil wroteCOLONDubinsky & Callahan are back for the Rangers. I hope Dubie isn't rushing back lol. 4-6 weeks turned into 7-10 days.
what was the exact injury
for Dubinsky? stress fracture in his leg. he played 10 games with it before actually missing time as well lol

BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to