NHL Transactions, Injuries & Rumours

Anything goes here OT stuff is OK too!
BUTTON_POST_REPLY
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:15 am

Re: NHL Transactions, Injuries & Rumours

Post by Nick »

Weber, Suter, Letang, Doughty are all worth their pay....

Karlsson worth an easy 8 as well.
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Lee »

difference of opinion.
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044

Post by Nick »

just for discussion, who isn't?
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828

Post by Lee »

D&L
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 pm
LocationCOLON San Juan, Puerto Rico

Post by The BBKL Insider »

Doughty is elite
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044

Post by Nick »

Letang I can see - however he is young, vicious, and seems like a good fit on PIT. I'd pay him his wage happily as a GM, but I see the deficiencies in his game that make him less desriable than Weber & Suter. Doughty is pretty epic IMO - numbers are hidden in LA, but that also IMO shows that he is coach-able. In a free wheeling system he'd be right there with the highest scoring dmen in the league.
CAM
PostsCOLON 3734
JoinedCOLON Fri May 24, 2013 5:42 pm

Post by CAM »

lol
Attachments
dion.png
Sensfanjosh
PostsCOLON 4043
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:09 pm

Post by Sensfanjosh »

Nick wroteCOLONLetang I can see - however he is young, vicious, and seems like a good fit on PIT. I'd pay him his wage happily as a GM, but I see the deficiencies in his game that make him less desriable than Weber & Suter. Doughty is pretty epic IMO - numbers are hidden in LA, but that also IMO shows that he is coach-able. In a free wheeling system he'd be right there with the highest scoring dmen in the league.
Agree on DD, watching him closely in the Olympics and he was incredible IMO, think the LAK system does take away from his numbers though. As far as Letang not sure I see a player worth that kind of money, especially now given his health issues though that is only a problem that is now emerging.
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828

Post by Lee »

Nick wroteCOLONLetang I can see - however he is young, vicious, and seems like a good fit on PIT. I'd pay him his wage happily as a GM, but I see the deficiencies in his game that make him less desriable than Weber & Suter. Doughty is pretty epic IMO - numbers are hidden in LA, but that also IMO shows that he is coach-able. In a free wheeling system he'd be right there with the highest scoring dmen in the league.
He is well on his way but not there yet.
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628

CAM wroteCOLONlol
HAHA

i found that last week and posted it to Pauls facebook page.
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by Shep »

Lee wroteCOLONOnly 2 Dmen that you named are worth close to 7 mil.

I'm not saying he is worth 7 mil. I am saying he was worth atleast 7 mil on the open market.
We re-signed him. I hate the open market argument. We were not bidding against anybody. Ourselves vs. Phaneuf's agent. I still cannot believe we gave him 7x7.
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

Post by KapG »

blues wroteCOLON
Lee wroteCOLONOnly 2 Dmen that you named are worth close to 7 mil.

I'm not saying he is worth 7 mil. I am saying he was worth atleast 7 mil on the open market.
We re-signed him. I hate the open market argument. We were not bidding against anybody. Ourselves vs. Phaneuf's agent. I still cannot believe we gave him 7x7.
I cant quote this enough times
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by Shep »

Flyers give Andrew MacDonald six-year, $30 million extension. $5,000,000 cap hit per year.
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
Robin Hood
PostsCOLON 13589
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:09 pm

Post by Robin Hood »

blues wroteCOLONFlyers give Andrew MacDonald six-year, $30 million extension. $5,000,000 cap hit per year.
Wow. That's actually a pretty good deal...
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628

SuperMario wroteCOLON
blues wroteCOLONFlyers give Andrew MacDonald six-year, $30 million extension. $5,000,000 cap hit per year.
Wow. That's actually a pretty good deal...
owning Steve Mason i must say i'm a fan.

His numbers improved when they brought him in.
Robin Hood
PostsCOLON 13589

Post by Robin Hood »

They got him for 2 years less than the max and for about 0.5 - 0.75M less than what he would've gotten on the open market. Plus he's only 27 so the deal only has him signed till he's 33. It's kind of why I wanted the Leafs to acquire him at the deadline... Could have probably avoided the collapse too.
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628

SuperMario wroteCOLONThey got him for 2 years less than the max and for about 0.5 - 0.75M less than what he would've gotten on the open market. Plus he's only 27 so the deal only has him signed till he's 33. It's kind of why I wanted the Leafs to acquire him at the deadline... Could have probably avoided the collapse too.
ya, but we're talking about the leafs.
Robin Hood
PostsCOLON 13589

Post by Robin Hood »

The more I think about this year, the more it makes me want to puke. I cannot believe I went through that nonsense again.
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628

SuperMario wroteCOLONThe more I think about this year, the more it makes me want to puke. I cannot believe I went through that nonsense again.
they've got 1 more year with me, or i'm out of leaf land.

Unless they dont fire Randy, then i'm done with the leafs this year. I will start cheering for the flames. And i'm not actually kidding/trolling. I started making the slow transition this season. I actually enjoyed watching the flames play.

btw - letting go of Joe Colborne for a fucking 4th was a joke, he was often their best player during the 2nd half of the season.
Robin Hood
PostsCOLON 13589

Post by Robin Hood »

I was listening to Dave Nonis on the radio yesterday and he was asked the question: "what would you differently if you had to go back in this year and do it?"

His answer: "Looking back I would have made more moves at the deadline. But it's tough to say now because we were 9 points into a playoff spot. So at the time, I thought we were okay."

It boggles my mind that he didn't think this defence needed help. Meanwhile, Montreal acquires Weaver for a 5th? Philly gets Macdonald for a 2nd + 3rd? I'm not a believer in trading futures for pending UFAs. But I"m pretty certain we could have gotten SOME help from somewhere without mortgaging our future. We didn't need to get Vanek - the guy they spent most of the day on. They should have spent the day getting a d-man.

During the year, the following d-men were moved:

Diaz (5th)
Klein (Del Zotto)
Meszaros (3rd)
Schultz (5th)
Macdonald (2nd, 3rd)
Robidas (4th)
Weaver (5th)

I just don't believe there wasn't one d-man we could have gotten for a 4th or 5th.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to