Post by Nick »

lame.
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 pm
LocationCOLON San Juan, Puerto Rico

Re: NHL Transactions, Injuries & Rumours

Post by The BBKL Insider »

Shanny wants to "look at all the data/facts before making any changes in leaf land"

not sure if that means Randy/Nonis or players. (possibly all 3)
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Lee »

I don't see a reason for Nonis to go quite yet, Randy for sure needs to go.
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:15 am

Post by Nick »

Nonis sounded very safe - which is probably a good thing. He has done some great moves for the team, if Shanny can form a strategic vision and culture for the team, Dave seems like the sort of guy who can make good trades to me, and keep the details tidy.
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628

Lee wroteCOLONI don't see a reason for Nonis to go quite yet, Randy for sure needs to go.
forsure, i actually like Nonis,,,,but Randy has to go, guy doesn't have a clue. We also have on-ice issues that need to be addressed. We need to shed cap as well to make room for some proper signings this summer.

i could see gunnar replaced by Granberg, and the leafs trade gunnar this summer.
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

Post by KapG »

Lee wroteCOLONI don't see a reason for Nonis to go quite yet, Randy for sure needs to go.
Phaneuf

7 X 7
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908

Post by KapG »

The BBKL Insider wroteCOLON
forsure, i actually like Nonis,,,,but Randy has to go, guy doesn't have a clue. We also have on-ice issues that need to be addressed. We need to shed cap as well to make room for some proper signings this summer.

i could see gunnar replaced by Granberg, and the leafs trade gunnar this summer.
Why would we trade gunnar when he is one of our more reliable dmen only to replace him with some rook?
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828

Post by Lee »

KapG wroteCOLON
Phaneuf

7 X 7
He is easily worth that on the open market and is our captain.

Not saying he should be our captain, but he is.

He definitely wasn't worth that this year.
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628

KapG wroteCOLON

Why would we trade gunnar when he is one of our more reliable dmen only to replace him with some rook?
cap issues,,,plus i think the style between gunnar and granberg is quite similar. I'm not even sure gunnar is better. Plus it's not like we'd be losing gunnar for free, he's signed to a attractive contract that someone would pay for (in a trade)
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828

Post by Lee »

KapG wroteCOLON

cap issues,,,plus i think the style between gunnar and granberg is quite similar. I'm not even sure gunnar is better. Plus it's not like we'd be losing gunnar for free, he's signed to a attractive contract that someone would pay for (in a trade)

So we are trading Gunnar for cap issues but is signed to an attractive contract that other teams would want?

There are other places we can shed useless cap from.
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628

Lee wroteCOLON
KapG wroteCOLON

So we are trading Gunnar for cap issues but is signed to an attractive contract that other teams would want?

There are other places we can shed useless cap from.
you guys are missing the point.

Gunnar can be replaced from within, Use him as a solid trade chip, flip him in a package (or 1 for 1) for an upgrade at another position.
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828

Post by Lee »

That makes more sense.

Still don't want to trade Gunnar.
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908

Post by KapG »

Lee wroteCOLON
KapG wroteCOLON
Phaneuf

7 X 7

So nonis should have let some other retarded gm sign him to it.

Im going to want to stab my fucking eyes out after watching another 7 yewrs of his nonsense.
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628

KapG wroteCOLON
Lee wroteCOLON
KapG wroteCOLON
Phaneuf

7 X 7

So nonis should have let some other retarded gm sign him to it.

Im going to want to stab my fucking eyes out after watching another 7 yewrs of his nonsense.
Dion wont be as bad next year. A good 4 months of resting, new players brought in to help him and a new system should help.

(i'm assuming this summer the leafs completely blow it up, and bring in at least 5-7 new roster players and a new coaching staff)
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908

Post by KapG »

We will see. I have zero faith I him. Pwople talk about reimer choking in boston last year...

Well, phaneuf was just as bad if not worse.
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628

All we can do is hope for the best. If the leafs stick with this trash i will not be buying Centre Ice next year. I'll just watch nothing but flames games.
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by Shep »

If your top pairing is Phaneuf and Gunnarsson, your hopes should never be high for your team.
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:15 am

Post by Nick »

blues wroteCOLONIf your top pairing is Phaneuf and Gunnarsson, your hope of having puck control is similar to a snowballs' chance in hell.
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by Shep »

Lee wroteCOLON
KapG wroteCOLON
Phaneuf

7 X 7

Is he though? He's not worth 7 million on the Leafs.

Look at the D making 7+ million (in 2014/2015): Weber, Suter, Letang, Campbell, Phaneuf, Doughty.

Erik friggin' Karlsson makes less than 7 million.
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828

Post by Lee »

Only 2 Dmen that you named are worth close to 7 mil.

I'm not saying he is worth 7 mil. I am saying he was worth atleast 7 mil on the open market.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to