NHL Transactions, Injuries & Rumours

Anything goes here OT stuff is OK too!
BUTTON_POST_REPLY
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177
JoinedCOLON Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 am

Re: NHL Transactions, Injuries & Rumours

Post by Bruyns »

Corsi doesn't apply to goalies, no formulas or fancy stats. It's just does he stop the puck? How often and from what areas?
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 pm
LocationCOLON San Juan, Puerto Rico

Post by The BBKL Insider »

Bruyns wroteCOLONLast ones haha

Beating a dead horse here

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/reimers- ... ple-leafs/
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/maple-le ... e-ability/

"Even-strength save percentage—the number favoured by the analytical world—suggests yes, Reimer is approaching elite status. On the basis of the past three seasons, his number is better than Carey Price’s and just a notch below Henrik Lundqvist and Tuukka Rask."
See, that's the thing

Reimer can beat statistically guys like Price, Lundy, and Rask...yet his play isn't anywhere close to their level. It's why i dont buy into these magical formula's these guys come up with.

going back to old fashion here, but if you sit and watch the 4 of those goalies it's easy to see Reimer doesn't even belong in the same class.
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177

Post by Bruyns »

The formula is saves divided by shots, not too in depth, but I see where you are coming from since Rask and Price do look like better goalies even if the numbers place Reimer in the same class.
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628

i think reimers nubmers look better than they do because he faces/faced 40-50 shots a night. that will inflate any goalies numbers.
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

Post by KapG »

If he was so good he would not have lost the starting job to bernier. His gloves weak, rebound control is weak, puck handling is weak, positioning imo is weak. He has great size and athleticism for sure ane raw talent which means he should fetch us something good when we trade him.

Reimer + gardiner to edmonton for eberle !
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628

KapG wroteCOLONIf he was so good he would not have lost the starting job to bernier. His gloves weak, rebound control is weak, puck handling is weak, positioning imo is weak. He has great size and athleticism for sure ane raw talent which means he should fetch us something good when we trade him.

Reimer + gardiner to edmonton for eberle !
fuck yes

post this to HF

lets troll the shit out of them
Robin Hood
PostsCOLON 13589
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:09 pm

Post by Robin Hood »

Fair Deals Steve wroteCOLONSee, that's the thing

Reimer can beat statistically guys like Price, Lundy, and Rask...yet his play isn't anywhere close to their level. It's why i dont buy into these magical formula's these guys come up with.

going back to old fashion here, but if you sit and watch the 4 of those goalies it's easy to see Reimer doesn't even belong in the same class.
And that is what people have been saying. Finding a goalie that is >> his peers is incredibly difficult. Yes, we all think Price and Rask as better than Reimer. But how much better? Is the gap similar to the difference between Crosby and say Matt Duchene?

There is a reason so many organizations now do not trade for the big goalie. Why is it that Schneider was traded for only 9th overall? The difference between great and very good in net is not as big as it is between skaters.

Also, it is important to keep in mind that the numbers are meant to be used as an additional checkpoint. You make a statement like "numbers put Reimer ahead of Price" for example. But just using the eye test leads to statements like "Reimer has terrible rebound control". Instead, it should be a combination of the two. Reimer's save % is elite for a reason. Facing 50 shots every night shouldn't be dismissed as poor quality. Shots are shots.

And Reimer has been a Top 10 Goalie (maybe even Top 5) for 2 seasons now. It just so happens that Bernier has been better this year.
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

Honestly though,

Last night's outing for Bernier actually secured my future outlook and recognition of his skills to a whole new degree.
Anyone actually watch the PHX game all the way through last night? Forget focusing on the goals he lets in when we are LOSING but look at his capability when we are WINNING and he is protecting our lead. Do you know how many times PHX could've scored had it been a different (lesser) goalie in net? It's not even about how the shooter could've shot better or better positioned, or ANYTHING like that. It was all about him - Jonathan Bernier. He was able to make above average, no, inSANE poise and saves because he is Jonathan Bernier, NOT anything else like "Reimer cudve done just as well" or "the shooters were weak".

Bernier is and will be our #1AAA goalie for the next 10 years. Book it.
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908

Post by KapG »

I wanted us to trade for bernier years ago. I knewn the dominating force known as Mega Jon was on his way.

My first trade in this league was made to secure bernier..
Robin Hood
PostsCOLON 13589

Post by Robin Hood »

As usual this turns into a Leaf lovefest lol. I think Bernier is better and he is our goalie of the future. But book this: If Reimer gets traded, he will start 60+ games for the next decade to come and when we look back on the WHOLE sample instead of this small sample where Bernier has been better, you all will not be calling Reimer a scrub. Numbers don't lie. And SV% over 2-3 seasons is no joke.
Last edited by 1 on Robin Hood, edited 0 times in total.
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177

Post by Bruyns »

Lets dump on goalies other than Reimer. This cracked me up when I first read it during last year's playoffs when Fleury shit the bed again.

Fleury is composing his suicide note in Word. Clippy pops up and says "Would you like me to teach you how to save?" Fleury weeps.
Last edited by 1 on Bruyns, edited 0 times in total.
bma
PostsCOLON 2282
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:44 pm

Post by bma »

The Leafs management plan from the get-go was to always mold Bernier into the #1 goalie for the leafs. Keeping Reimer around this year was probably done to use him as a security blanket in case Bernier wasn't what Leafs management thought he was. Mid way through the season, it looks like Bernier has shown he can handle full time #1 goalie duties. I don't expect to see Reimer back next year.
Click banner for full assets/roster
GM Achievements:
2013/14 - WC Quarterfinalist (Colorado Avalanche)
2012/13 - BBKL Finalist and WC Champion (Columbus Blue Jackets)
2011/12 - WC Semi-Finalist (Columbus Blue Jackets)
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Lee »

Bruyns wroteCOLONLets dump on goalies other than Reimer. This cracked me up when I first read it during last year's playoffs when Fleury shit the bed again.

Fleury is composing his suicide note in Word. Clippy pops up and says "Would you like me to teach you how to save?" Fleury weeps.

And he is back to being a top 3 goalie.
Robin Hood
PostsCOLON 13589

Post by Robin Hood »

LOL Lee jumps into any thread where his player is being talked about.
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177

Post by Bruyns »

Lee wroteCOLON
Bruyns wroteCOLONLets dump on goalies other than Reimer. This cracked me up when I first read it during last year's playoffs when Fleury shit the bed again.

By what measure? His 13th ranked GAA or his 22nd ranked SV%? Top 3 is pretty generous, but he isn't as bad as he has looked in the playoffs recently.
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

LOL
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908

Post by KapG »

SuperMario wroteCOLONAs usual this turns into a Leaf lovefest lol. I think Bernier is better and he is our goalie of the future. But book this: If Reimer gets traded, he will start 60+ games for the next decade to come and when we look back on the WHOLE sample instead of this small sample where Bernier has been better, you all will not be calling Reimer a scrub. Numbers don't lie. And SV% over 2-3 seasons is no joke.
I dont thinkni called him a scrub. Hed be a starter a lot of places. We jus happeneed to pick up the best nhl rready goalie prospect in the world in the offseason.
bma
PostsCOLON 2282
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:44 pm

Post by bma »

Lee wroteCOLON

Fleury sucks bahddddd
Click banner for full assets/roster
GM Achievements:
2013/14 - WC Quarterfinalist (Colorado Avalanche)
2012/13 - BBKL Finalist and WC Champion (Columbus Blue Jackets)
2011/12 - WC Semi-Finalist (Columbus Blue Jackets)
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628

Steve Mason > Fluery, bro
dave1959
PostsCOLON 5138
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:43 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario