KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

Re: NHL Transactions, Injuries & Rumours

Post by KapG »

canuckspk wroteCOLON
KapG wroteCOLON
canuckspk wroteCOLONRipple effect.. Tim Connolly at 4.75 makes Grabovski feel he is worth 5.5 as a UFA, no hometown discount for a losing team.

Grabo >>>>>> then connoly.

thanks though.
Yeah thats my point.....
You don't think grabo is worth 5.5 as a UFA though? I ask because Connolly isn't worth the 4.75 he gets and you're saying Connolly having that contract makes Grabo feel he is worth the one he got...

also. Regardless of what Connolly got, Grabo on the open market, would probably have gotten an offer north of what he signed with us for. Not too many good UFA Cs..
Peter
PostsCOLON 2048
JoinedCOLON Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:33 pm

Post by Peter »

KapG wroteCOLON
canuckspk wroteCOLON
KapG wroteCOLON
canuckspk wroteCOLONRipple effect.. Tim Connolly at 4.75 makes Grabovski feel he is worth 5.5 as a UFA, no hometown discount for a losing team.

Grabo >>>>>> then connoly.

thanks though.
Yeah thats my point.....
You don't think grabo is worth 5.5 as a UFA though? I ask because Connolly isn't worth the 4.75 he gets and you're saying Connolly having that contract makes Grabo feel he is worth the one he got...
What I'm trying to say is Burke bumped Grabovski's price up by paying Connolly 4.75. The Leafs would be in rough to find a replacement for a guy like Grabovski, and if 5.5 million is what it takes to keep him, it is what it is. In comparison to other centers around the league though, Tavares is signed at 5.5/year for the next 6, Kesler is signed at 5/year for the next six. DId the leafs pay UFA inflated price for Grabovski? Definitely. Do you think one of Grabo's agents biggest arguments towards 5.5/year was the fact that at UFA value Connolly got 4.75? Very likely. I'm not necessarily bashing this contract, as the leafs need to do whatever it takes to keep Grabovski, but this isn't the prettiest signing by Burke, and having 15 million wrapped up into Connolly, Komisarek and Grabovski is pretty rough.
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Lee »

Grabovski does not belong in that threesome.
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908

Post by KapG »

Kezia wroteCOLONGrabovski does not belong in that threesome.
Agreed
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828

Post by Lee »

Armstrong is good at getting his head punched in..

and what else?
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828

Post by Lee »

Oh... getting injured!
Arian The Insider
PostsCOLON 7304
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:05 pm

Post by Arian The Insider »

glad to have grabo back.. big price tag likely means we're gonna ship out 2 of lombo/connolly/army this summer
Click Oilers image below for full team roster
Tony
PostsCOLON 11222
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 10:29 pm
LocationCOLON Nevada

Post by Tony »

should be all 3
Click banner to view current roster and picks
Scott
PostsCOLON 7701
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:21 pm
LocationCOLON London, Ontario

Post by Scott »

6 straight home losses. So pathetic. I still lol at those who thought this was a playoff team. Burke = fail

BACK-TO-BACK BBKL CHAMPIONS!!! 2009-2010 & 2010-2011
Scott
PostsCOLON 7701

Post by Scott »

Ps. I'd hate to be Jakub Voracek right now. I wonder if he knows where he is yet. Nick Krone all is his boogeyman! Wow what a fucking beauty hit!!

Tony
PostsCOLON 11222
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 10:29 pm
LocationCOLON Nevada

Post by Tony »

more pathetic, Leafs or Sharks?
Click banner to view current roster and picks
bills09
PostsCOLON 9280
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:10 pm
LocationCOLON Pickering, Ontario

Post by bills09 »

Sharks have been snake bitten by some hot goalies..dont be to upset you could be a leaf fan.
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 4:22 pm
LocationCOLON Mississauga, Ontario
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 4:22 pm
LocationCOLON Mississauga, Ontario
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

Tony wroteCOLONmore pathetic, Leafs or Sharks?
The Leafs...It's not even close, the Sharks are an elite team, and have been since the lockout. So what if they are having a bad stretch, the Leafs have been worse consistently for the better part of a decade.
Scott
PostsCOLON 7701

Post by Scott »

The Leafs are far and away the most pathetic team in pro sports, and it's not even close. I'm not saying this because I'm bitter because I'm not, I've expected this all along. You consider the support this team has year in and year out, the revenue this franchise generates, the lengthy cup drought, the now long and pathetic playoff drought, the on ice product, and how we are constantly the laughing stock of the NHL, and the stubborn, bull-headed, fuck you attitude of Brian Burke and it proving no results. This competition isn't close. Man, if I were a fan of another team and they went through a bad stretch. I'd just have to say to myself "well, at least I'm not a Leafs fan!" and I'd instantly feel better. This team/franchise doesn't deserve half the loyalty it receives and it definitely doesn't deserve 90% of the revenue it generates. If I owned this team I'd almost feel guilty enough to give season ticket holders their money back, and I'm not even close to kidding. What a sad state we're in guys. I hope Carlyle can get better out of these guys next season and we add a LOT of toughness in to this lineup! I'm more excited to see that next year. Watching this Ron Wilson team was like watching Disney on ice!! We need to beat some motherfuckers up.. I'm tired of our coaches trying to play a game that doesn't work! How can you play a full out speed game with 40/50 point players on your top line and one on one defense with Mike Komisarek, Luke Schenn, and Dion Phaneuf? Ron Wilson has to be the worst special teams/defensive coach I've ever witnessed.

Ok I'm done now but to answer your question Tony, Leafs>>>>>>>€€€€€€€>>>>>>>>€>€€€€€€>>>>>>more pathetic then a girls house league team!

bills09
PostsCOLON 9280
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:10 pm
LocationCOLON Pickering, Ontario

Post by bills09 »

nice knowing you Senor Voracek.

what a fucking hit.
anton
PostsCOLON 7111
JoinedCOLON Mon May 10, 2010 10:03 pm
LocationCOLON Orange County

Post by anton »

Scott wroteCOLONThe Leafs are far and away the most pathetic team in pro sports, and it's not even close. I'm not saying this because I'm bitter because I'm not, I've expected this all along. You consider the support this team has year in and year out, the revenue this franchise generates, the lengthy cup drought, the now long and pathetic playoff drought, the on ice product, and how we are constantly the laughing stock of the NHL, and the stubborn, bull-headed, fuck you attitude of Brian Burke and it proving no results. This competition isn't close. Man, if I were a fan of another team and they went through a bad stretch. I'd just have to say to myself "well, at least I'm not a Leafs fan!" and I'd instantly feel better. This team/franchise doesn't deserve half the loyalty it receives and it definitely doesn't deserve 90% of the revenue it generates. If I owned this team I'd almost feel guilty enough to give season ticket holders their money back, and I'm not even close to kidding. What a sad state we're in guys. I hope Carlyle can get better out of these guys next season and we add a LOT of toughness in to this lineup! I'm more excited to see that next year. Watching this Ron Wilson team was like watching Disney on ice!! We need to beat some motherfuckers up.. I'm tired of our coaches trying to play a game that doesn't work! How can you play a full out speed game with 40/50 point players on your top line and one on one defense with Mike Komisarek, Luke Schenn, and Dion Phaneuf? Ron Wilson has to be the worst special teams/defensive coach I've ever witnessed.

Ok I'm done now but to answer your question Tony, Leafs>>>>>>>€€€€€€€>>>>>>>>€>€€€€€€>>>>>>more pathetic then a girls house league team!
ignoring the obvious hyperbole throughout the post, this is definitely true. there was a serious disconnect between the style of play ron wilson wanted to play and the players brian burke was giving him. so far, carlyle and burke seem to be much closer to the same page.
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908

Post by KapG »

Lol at one of the fucking commentators in the video saying "that's wrong" after one of them says that it was a headshot. Maybe you should keep your fucking head up next time. Great clean hit. Fucking homer.

Almost as good as the famous one where umberger got smashed.
Mike
Test 2
PostsCOLON 11390
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 7:08 pm

Post by Mike »

I can't bring myself to watch the clip..
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908

Post by KapG »

oh man, watch it. It's incredible.

He gets fucking DROPPED lol.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to