Anything goes here OT stuff is OK too!
BUTTON_POST_REPLY
bills09
PostsCOLON 9280
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:10 pm
LocationCOLON Pickering, Ontario

Re: NHL Transactions, Injuries & Rumours

Post by bills09 »

Ive seen the marlies over 10 times this season, and have seen many interviews with Dallas Eakins about how he runs the pk, he runs a much more aggrsesive approach to the penalty kill than Ron Wilson.
Chris
PostsCOLON 3619
JoinedCOLON Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:06 pm

Post by Chris »

bills09 wroteCOLONIve seen the marlies over 10 times this season, and have seen many interviews with Dallas Eakins about how he runs the pk, he runs a much more aggrsesive approach to the penalty kill than Ron Wilson.
The one Wilson has been trying to get the tesm to run... lol
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:15 am

Post by Nick »

I believe Kulemin 100% runs the system the way Wilson wants, however Stekcle, Army, etc are not sufficient skaters to run a full pressure PK, which Wilson has said repeatedly is his preferred system (as he also used in SJS and WSH to great success).

Guys also remember that Wilson is not the hard ass some people make him out to be, this is a middle of the road coach of the Pat Quinn mould (his mentor you'll recall) and not a hard ass like Keenen, no neck, Torts or Carly -> also not a softie like Renny, Bruce or the sort.

I don't believe the best coaches are friends with the players; fear, intimidation, hard earned rewards and thataboys are all parts of successful motivation. Do you think that Pavel Datysuk is buddy buddy with babcock? Stewart likes the cold shoulder he's received from Hitchcock? Or Kesler & AV have drinks together? No. They are ruthless in their comments and expectations, players CANNOT expect comfort from their coach - if they need it, the team should have assistant coaches that are skilled in the personality side of the game. The media doesn't like that Wilson is short with him, and they spin EVERY story to make him seems like an a$$ - hell he said Reimer let in two stoppable pucks and he's the frigging devil... Sometimes the truth hurts, but in his past 10 starts Reimer has the LOWEST sv% of any goalie (who has 10 starts this year).

I don't even like Wilson, I also don't buy the BS that is thrown out about him. Either the nerdy media + moody fans are correct and he's a horrible coach, or the Hall-of-Fame GM and those who employed Wilson for an excess of 1400 games -->> at some point we need to hold the players responsible. Our two stars have done their deeds, Dion is very good, Kessel is streaky scorer. Gardiner, Gunner, Bozak, all well over expectations. Grabo about spot on. Kulemin, Schenn, Komi, Army, Lombardi, Connolly, McArthur, not even close to acceptable - cannot say i agree with Burke showing faith in them, but damn I try and remind myself about how much he understands managing hockey teams. Maybe it is time for some stability, perhaps we're about to win 10 straight?

I won't cry if Wilson is fired, but you won't find me in the embarrassing fired wilson group either.
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by Shep »

bills09 wroteCOLONIve seen the marlies over 10 times this season, and have seen many interviews with Dallas Eakins about how he runs the pk, he runs a much more aggrsesive approach to the penalty kill than Ron Wilson.
I've consistently felt the agressive PK is the one we need.
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901

Post by Shep »

Chris wroteCOLON
The one Wilson has been trying to get the tesm to run... lol
Since the new year..
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
Mike
Test 2
PostsCOLON 11390
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 7:08 pm

Post by Mike »

Chris wroteCOLONThe Leafs are like a hooker in the crawlspace. Sure they're clawing and making noise, but it'll be over soon
:lol:
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

Post by KapG »

ive been preaching for an aggresive penalty kill the last 2 or 3 years.

There is aboslutely nothing beneficial to letting the best players in the world set up whatever kind of plays they want. Which is exactly what happens when teams run a passive PK.

just my 2 cents.

wooooooooooooooooo
Chris
PostsCOLON 3619

Post by Chris »

Man, I got lucky -- JVR to the IR with a broken foot.
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901

Post by Shep »

Bruins sign Turco for the remainder of the season.

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/m_news.htm?id=620697
BOSTON, MA – Boston Bruins General Manager Peter Chiarelli announced today that the club has signed goaltender Marty Turco to a one-year contract. Per club policy, financial terms of the deal will not be disclosed at this time.

Turco Turco will be placed on waivers and if he clears waivers, he will join the Bruins on Wednesday, March 7. Please also note that if he does clear waivers, he will not be eligible to play in the 2012 Stanley Cup Playoffs should the Bruins qualify, as he is joining the club after the Trade Deadline.

The 36-year-old Turco is a 10-year NHL veteran who has played in 538 regular season games with the Dallas Stars and Chicago Blackhawks. In his NHL career, he owns a 273-165-43 record with a .910 Save Percentage, 2.35 Goals Against Average and 41 shutouts. He has compiled 30+ wins in a season six times, most recently in 2008-09 with Dallas, and set a career high in wins with 41 during the 2005-06 season.

Turco has played in 47 postseason contests – all with Dallas – where he went 21-26 with a 2.17 GAA, a .914 Save Percentage and seven shutouts.

During the 2010-11 NHL season as a member of the Blackhawks, Turco went 11-11-3 with a 3.02 GAA and .897 Save Percentage. Turco most recently played for EC Red Bull Salzburg in the Austrian First Division this year, where he made four regular season appearances and recorded a 2.64 Goals Against Average and .934 Save Percentage. He also played in six postseason games for Red Bull Salzburg and registered a 3.16 GAA And .911 Save Percentage.

The Sault Ste. Marie, ON native was originally drafted by the Dallas Stars in the fifth round (124th overall) of the 1994 NHL Entry Draft. He played his first nine NHL seasons with Dallas before signing with the Blackhawks as a free agent on August 2, 2010.

The 2011-2012 Boston Bruins season is presented by the Massachusetts State Lottery.
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
Tony
PostsCOLON 11222
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 10:29 pm
LocationCOLON Nevada

Post by Tony »

christ ...
Click banner to view current roster and picks
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

Who owns him
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Lee »

Guptill, Steve
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

So this is how he wins the BBKL championship
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828

Post by Lee »

Grabovski signs a 5 year extension. Not sure of cap
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901

Post by Shep »

Kezia wroteCOLONGrabovski signs a 5 year extension. Not sure of cap
It's going to be 5mil. And I'm going to ..

Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

Post by KapG »

This is great news as he is my favourite leafer.

who owns him in our league right now?

edit: I assume it's shep? Talk to me once the playoffs are done. I have about 15 mill in cap space.
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901

Post by Shep »

KapG wroteCOLONThis is great news as he is my favourite leafer.

who owns him in our league right now?

edit: I assume it's shep? Talk to me once the playoffs are done. I have about 15 mill in cap space.
Nah, I traded him to Arian for the best player in the NHL.
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828

Post by Lee »

Seriously who cares what his cap hit is.. the cap is going up to like 500 billion dollars and we are paying Mike Komisarek almost 5 million. Atleast Grabs is good. He's a heart and soul player on the Leafs. This isn't the "fight in streets of Belarus" Grabovski. This is the guy who anchors our best line and wears a letter every night because he's earned it.
Chris
PostsCOLON 3619

Post by Chris »

5.5M -- and no Lee, there's a good chance the cap actually goes down.
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828

Post by Lee »

Based on what, Chris? Trending history indicates another climb.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to