HUGE WIN FOR TANK NATION
You mean Galchenyuk Nation...
HANTA YO BABY!!!!
bma
PostsCOLON 2282
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:44 pm

Re: NHL Transactions, Injuries & Rumours

Post by bma »

Word on the street is that tonight was Ron Wilson's last game..we'll see.
Click banner for full assets/roster
GM Achievements:
2013/14 - WC Quarterfinalist (Colorado Avalanche)
2012/13 - BBKL Finalist and WC Champion (Columbus Blue Jackets)
2011/12 - WC Semi-Finalist (Columbus Blue Jackets)
Chris
PostsCOLON 3619
JoinedCOLON Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:06 pm

Post by Chris »

Dreger said it might be his last game. I'm a big Wilson fan, but after the recent string of losses, he has to go.
anton
PostsCOLON 7111
JoinedCOLON Mon May 10, 2010 10:03 pm
LocationCOLON Orange County

Post by anton »

can wilson. gordon interim. promote eakins in the summer.
Chris
PostsCOLON 3619

Post by Chris »

I wouldn't mind waiting it out and keeping Gordon in the interim. See how that shakes out -- I thought he did well in Long Island, but of course, that's a matter of opinion too.
anton
PostsCOLON 7111

Post by anton »

if our plan is to have some of these kids ready for permanent roles next season (kadri, colborne, ashton, frattin) i'd love to just bring eakins on up with them.

ive managed to watch ~ 15 marlies games this season and the way he has that team playing is exactly how id like the leafs to play.
Chris
PostsCOLON 3619

Post by Chris »

anton wroteCOLONif our plan is to have some of these kids ready for permanent roles next season (kadri, colborne, ashton, frattin) i'd love to just bring eakins on up with them.

ive managed to watch ~ 15 marlies games this season and the way he has that team playing is exactly how id like the leafs to play.
Except the problem is, he utilizes the PK the EXACT same way. He's not the knight in shining armour here.
anton
PostsCOLON 7111

Post by anton »

we don't need a knight in shining armour. we need a coach who can communicate with young players.
Chris
PostsCOLON 3619

Post by Chris »

anton wroteCOLONwe don't need a knight in shining armour. we need a coach who can communicate with young players.
But that's not the only thing we need. Don't get me wrong, the recent admission that Wilson doesn't come out to talk to the player absolutely stinks, but it's not going to solve everything.
Chris
PostsCOLON 3619

Post by Chris »

I should add that it seems that many fans are demanding a coach change because they think it'll solve the problems. It won't.
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 4:22 pm
LocationCOLON Mississauga, Ontario
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

Chris wroteCOLONI should add that it seems that many fans are demanding a coach change because they think it'll solve the problems. It won't.
I agree, that said it's getting close to the point where a change may be required just for changes sake.
Chris
PostsCOLON 3619

Post by Chris »

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLON
Chris wroteCOLONI should add that it seems that many fans are demanding a coach change because they think it'll solve the problems. It won't.
I agree, that said it's getting close to the point where a change may be required just for changes sake.
I don't think that's necessary.

I just tweeted that I believe Burke held steady on the roster because it is the first time in three or four years that the Leafs have had stability. Stability shouldn't come at a cost of losing -- so that means Wilson needs to go. I expected this year to be a bit of a down year because of the 'riding high' off the torrid stretch, but I didn't expect this kind of losing stretch with such passive effort. So in this case, I'm actually appreciative that Burke stood pat because he's now at the point where he's about to making sweeping in-house changes to protect the core and allow it to develop. That's all that matters in terms of an organizational *build*.
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 4:22 pm
LocationCOLON Mississauga, Ontario
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

I'm sure glad we didn't move our first rounder in hindsight...I had no idea the team would implode the way they have.
Tony
PostsCOLON 11222
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 10:29 pm
LocationCOLON Nevada

Post by Tony »

Holy shit, they lost?! HAHAHAHAHAHA

I turned it off when it was 3-1 Leafs ... wow. Ron Wilson era should have been over long ago ... hate this prick. If it is, this game was a good thing for Leaf fans.
Click banner to view current roster and picks
Chris
PostsCOLON 3619

Post by Chris »

Tony wroteCOLONHoly shit, they lost?! HAHAHAHAHAHA

I turned it off when it was 3-1 Leafs ... wow. Ron Wilson era should have been over long ago ... hate this prick. If it is, this game was a good thing for Leaf fans.
:[
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

anton wroteCOLONif our plan is to have some of these kids ready for permanent roles next season (kadri, colborne, ashton, frattin) i'd love to just bring eakins on up with them.

Eakins is fucking gangster
Chris
PostsCOLON 3619

Post by Chris »

The Leafs are like a hooker in the crawlspace. Sure they're clawing and making noise, but it'll be over soon
bills09
PostsCOLON 9280
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:10 pm
LocationCOLON Pickering, Ontario

Post by bills09 »

Chris wroteCOLON

Except the problem is, he utilizes the PK the EXACT same way. He's not the knight in shining armour here.

Uh no Eakins PK is the only thing different in the system.
Marlies #1 in the ahl on the penalty kill btw.
Chris
PostsCOLON 3619

Post by Chris »

bills09 wroteCOLON
Chris wroteCOLON

Uh no Eakins PK is the only thing different in the system.
Marlies #1 in the ahl on the penalty kill btw.
Spoke to a bunch of other guys about it -- exactly the same.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to