NHL Transactions, Injuries & Rumours

Anything goes here OT stuff is OK too!
BUTTON_POST_REPLY
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Re: NHL Transactions, Injuries & Rumours

Post by Lee »

Mike wroteCOLONBurke calls a press conference for noon..
The guy likes to hear himself talk and the reporters lap it up. Match made in heaven.
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Lee »

Tim Thomas starting the ASG, James Reimer was robbed of the opportunity.
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 4:22 pm
LocationCOLON Mississauga, Ontario
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

mr. bruin wroteCOLONWell it really has to be one of the big 3, imo. I can't see them letting go of Perry. Trading Getz would be an eye opener for the team. You can tell something is going on with all the small salary dumping moves happening in ANH. I wouldn't be shocked to see a Getzlaf - Parise type deal.
Why would Anaheim trade a center (an area of need for the team) with an additional year left on his contract for a winger that is an impending FA? I don't believe for a second that Anaheim will make a 1-1 swap, they need depth badly, simply exchanging one star for another does little to change the team dynamics.
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by Shep »

Burke press conference at noon...

... reports that it's just about the Colton Orr situation.
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

Shep wroteCOLON
Mike wroteCOLONAny concrete rumours out of Anaheim or just that the "open for business" sign is up?
Murray said everybody but Selanne and Koivu are available (because they have NMC so they decide their fate). That's basically where everything comes from. It's a bit more than that, but it's not like he said "We're actively shopping Getzlaf, Ryan and Perry so COME GET SOME!"

Getzlaf > Perry > Ryan

I'd be curious who they move, and what the cost is. It'll be deals like the Richards/Carter deals. They want Core players for Core players, not picks and prospects (Murray said that somewhere, too lazy to find the quote)
I don't believe that the Ducks are looking to make a 1-1 swap, it is a lateral move that does not address the depth of the team. Secondly, 1-1 core player deals are largely unprecedented, Heatley for Hossa is the last one I can think of, and that move was dictated by off ice issues. Typically general managers do not trade a core player for a core player because the move is lateral, and unless the contracts match up perfectly it can be difficult to justify. Further consider that the Ducks cannot take on impending FA's because of their internal cap, and inability to ensure said player can be resigned, conversely, Getzlaf and Perry are under contract for only one additional year which makes it difficult to justify for other teams unless the player coming back also has one additional year left remaining on his contract. My guess is the deal will be a 2-1, with two potential core type players going the other way. Using the Leafs as an example, Schenn + Kadri for Getzlaf.
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901

Post by Shep »

Heatley for Havlat this past summer?

Also, I agree with you. I'm gonig by what Murray said that's all. 2 for 1 is what I feel is going to happen
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

Shep wroteCOLONHeatley for Havlat this past summer?

Also, I agree with you. I'm gonig by what Murray said that's all. 2 for 1 is what I feel is going to happen
Ironic that Heatley was involved in both...
armandtanzarian

Post by armandtanzarian »

I can easily see a 1-1 type move. Murray has even come out and said he doesn't want picks or prospects. I know he has to say that but still.... What about a Skinner for Getzlaf or Staal for Getzlaf? They were just talking about this on Fan 590. Two struggling teams looking for a jumpstart or wakeup call.
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

mr. bruin wroteCOLONI can easily see a 1-1 type move. Murray has even come out and said he doesn't want picks or prospects. I know he has to say that but still.... What about a Skinner for Getzlaf or Staal for Getzlaf? They were just talking about this on Fan 590. Two struggling teams looking for a jumpstart or wakeup call.
Skinner has multiple years of controllability, why would Carolina trade that for a player they probably can't resign in a year? Ditto with Eric Staal. Furthermore, how much does a move like that improve the team? Perhaps in the short term it sparks some wins, but in the long run it is a lateral move.
armandtanzarian

So, what value exists for players of their caliber? Getzlaf, Perry and Ryan? For the love of god, don't say Schenn and Kadri....

"And the rest of the players in that locker room, I thought they'd figure out when we changed coaches that time was running, the clock was running quickly here. And I don't care who you talked about," Murray said, referring to his dismissal of Coach Randy Carlyle on Nov. 30 and hiring of former Washington Capitals coach Bruce Boudreau.

"But we will not go to draft picks. It's not my intention."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-duc ... 3633.story
armandtanzarian

But really, there is probably no way in Hell, that any of those three are traded from ANH. Perry is the only one scoring atm. Getz and Ryan have been ice cold. If anything at all, i would assume they would focus on one of those two going forward for a shakeup move if they are announcing they do not want picks or prospects.
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901

Post by Shep »

mr. bruin wroteCOLONBut really, there is probably no way in Hell, that any of those three are traded from ANH. Perry is the only one scoring atm. Getz and Ryan have been ice cold. If anything at all, i would assume they would focus on one of those two going forward for a shakeup move if they are announcing they do not want picks or prospects.
I'd bet money that AT LEAST one is moved before the deadline.
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
armandtanzarian

For my own personal gain and in hope that it sparks him, I hope you are right Shep!
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901

Post by Shep »

Same with me and Bobby Ryan man. He's been so disappointing for what he did the previous 3 years. I'm definitely waiting it out to see where/if he goes.
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:15 am

Post by Nick »

With them not scoring 5v5 or PP it means Fowler is just a cheap dman... sure could use him back on form!
armandtanzarian

So we all got something to gain here! I haven't looked at Perry's numbers but I am sure he has to be in the same boat. No where near Hart form!
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:15 am

Post by Nick »

No Perry is still kicking ass.. he's grinder capable unlike the others... not as pretty, but more consistent.
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

mr. bruin wroteCOLONSo, what value exists for players of their caliber? Getzlaf, Perry and Ryan? For the love of god, don't say Schenn and Kadri....

"And the rest of the players in that locker room, I thought they'd figure out when we changed coaches that time was running, the clock was running quickly here. And I don't care who you talked about," Murray said, referring to his dismissal of Coach Randy Carlyle on Nov. 30 and hiring of former Washington Capitals coach Bruce Boudreau.

"But we will not go to draft picks. It's not my intention."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-duc ... 3633.story
Schenn and Kadri makes ALOT more sense than Jeff Skinner, Eric Staal and Zach Parise...
armandtanzarian

Well, I will say one thing. If it comes to a trade with ANH, Burke usually has the upper hand from prior relationships.
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

I think everyone has the upper hand on Anaheim, you don't win a trade when you are moving one of: Perry, Getzlaf or Ryan.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to