Anything goes here OT stuff is OK too!
BUTTON_POST_REPLY
shooker
PostsCOLON 4382
JoinedCOLON Thu May 13, 2010 11:05 am

Re: NHL Transactions - Injuries and More Injuries

Post by shooker »

KapG wroteCOLON
shooker wroteCOLONI love those signings for the blues as they don't really have strong vet leadership. I think bringing these guys in will help their young guys become great professionals. Both one year deals so there really isnt any down side to these contracts at all. Smart move.
Langenbrunner should have been a strong leader in both Dallas and Jersey. Sadly enough, he was neither. Just a fucking nuisance.

Arnott is a good one though.
Didn't do enough in the locker room for you? Oh wait you weren't there lol and from all accounts it sounds like langer was a great leader. No one on Jersey said anything negative about him and I for one think he helped both Zajac and Parise transition into the NHL. If you want to question langers play last season fine but I dont see any signs that his leadership was anything close to a nuisance.
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:15 am

Post by Nick »

Captain of team USA no?
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

Post by KapG »

shooker wroteCOLON
KapG wroteCOLON
shooker wroteCOLONI love those signings for the blues as they don't really have strong vet leadership. I think bringing these guys in will help their young guys become great professionals. Both one year deals so there really isnt any down side to these contracts at all. Smart move.
Langenbrunner should have been a strong leader in both Dallas and Jersey. Sadly enough, he was neither. Just a fucking nuisance.

Arnott is a good one though.
Didn't do enough in the locker room for you? Oh wait you weren't there lol and from all accounts it sounds like langer was a great leader. No one on Jersey said anything negative about him and I for one think he helped both Zajac and Parise transition into the NHL. If you want to question langers play last season fine but I dont see any signs that his leadership was anything close to a nuisance.
He WAS a good leader in the past, certainly wasn't last year though. Go ask around some devil hangouts if you don't believe me. They were fucking stoked when he got moved. Go see if any dallas fans actually wanted him resigned (ill save you the time. They didn't)

His play last year was terrible and so was his attitude. I followed the devils enough last year and that Langebrunner you saw was not a great team player or a great leader. I suppose I should have made it 100% clear for you Langenbrunner lovers , that i was talking about last season though.
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 4:22 pm
LocationCOLON Mississauga, Ontario
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

facey wroteCOLONLast year Burke called him a centre. Torts insinuated dubey would be a winger, our subjective system followed those, yet Babcock constantly calls zetty a centre and it's ignored. That is speculation and nothing else.

I don't think his game is that of a wingers, now 1-2 development years on the wing seems to be fairly common.
The Leafs have been pretty consistent that he is best suited for the wing since his second call up, and both myself and Scott who watched him consistently in London have been saying the same for over a year now.

I'm still a fan of the system though, there will be the odd flaw, but it is far and away the best system we have.
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by Shep »

Skill level has nothing to do with leadership qualities.
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

Jamie Langenbrunner was the Captain of the USA Olympic team last year, the Captain of the New Jersey Devils the last three years, and a candidate for the Dallas Stars primarily because his veteran leadership (Joe Niewyendyk's words, not mine). You are out to lunch on this one Kyle.
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908

Post by KapG »

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLONJamie Langenbrunner was the Captain of the USA Olympic team last year, the Captain of the New Jersey Devils the last three years, and a candidate for the Dallas Stars primarily because his veteran leadership (Joe Niewyendyk's words, not mine). You are out to lunch on this one Kyle.

You guys can think what you like. No one is putting a gun to your head.
Scott
PostsCOLON 7701
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:21 pm
LocationCOLON London, Ontario

Post by Scott »

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLON
facey wroteCOLONLast year Burke called him a centre. Torts insinuated dubey would be a winger, our subjective system followed those, yet Babcock constantly calls zetty a centre and it's ignored. That is speculation and nothing else.

I don't think his game is that of a wingers, now 1-2 development years on the wing seems to be fairly common.
The Leafs have been pretty consistent that he is best suited for the wing since his second call up, and both myself and Scott who watched him consistently in London have been saying the same for over a year now.

I'm still a fan of the system though, there will be the odd flaw, but it is far and away the best system we have.
I just think Nazem isn't defensively strong enough to play in the middle in the NHL and his face-off skills need a lot of work. Offensively, yes.. absolutely he could play the middle. But him on the wing and liking to stay high in the D zone makes him dangerous at forcing turnovers at the blueline, poking the puck away from the D. Also, Nazem, in junior anyway, used to love being 1st in on the force-check to put pressure on the D.. he's actually every good at it. This combined with his speed makes me strongly believe he could be a very good playmaking winger. His game is suited for the wing in the NHL.

BACK-TO-BACK BBKL CHAMPIONS!!! 2009-2010 & 2010-2011
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908

Post by KapG »

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLONJamie Langenbrunner was the Captain of the USA Olympic team last year, the Captain of the New Jersey Devils the last three years, and a candidate for the Dallas Stars primarily because his veteran leadership (Joe Niewyendyk's words, not mine). You are out to lunch on this one Kyle.
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=944833

These people all follow the devils much more closely than I guarantee anyone here does, including myself. Look what they have to say about him. Surely they can't all be incorrect.

I guess that entire fan base is out to lunch too right?

EDIT: SOMETHING changed with Langebrunner last year and he just wasn't even close to the same player you people are trying to make him out to be. Was it his beef with Lemaire? Who the fuck knows, all I do know is that he was not the leader (or player)that he was in the past.
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

KapG wroteCOLON

These people all follow the devils much more closely than I guarantee anyone here does, including myself. Look what they have to say about him. Surely they can't all be incorrect.

EDIT: SOMETHING changed with Langebrunner last year and he just wasn't even close to the same player you people are trying to make him out to be. Was it his beef with Lemaire? Who the fuck knows, all I do know is that he was not the leader (or player)that he was in the past.
Let me stop you right there, I don't give a shit what a bunch of retards from HF claim to know...You couldn't have linked me to a less reputable source if you tried.
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908

Post by KapG »

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLON
KapG wroteCOLON

Let me stop you right there, I don't give a shit what a bunch of retards from HF claim to know...You couldn't have linked me to a less reputable source if you tried.
Suit yourself man. The Jersey board isn't close to as bad as the Leaf board or main board. There are actually some people who know what they are talking about.

You are clearly set on your opinion though.
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

I'm not set on anything, but you are going to have to do better then hearsay and rumor to taint my opinion of the former Devils Captain, and Team USA captain.
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908

Post by KapG »

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLON
KapG wroteCOLON

Heres a different source where he is discussed. You'll like this source more.

http://hockeybroads.com/threads/22116-A ... on/page207

There are many posts regarding Langenbrunner but I don't feel like looking them up (some of the threads are like 200 pages for crying out loud lol).
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:15 am

Post by Nick »

Well... Burke's own description of Nazem is at odds with what you've described, aside from the tidbit about his own end; blueline forward he's a natural centre, Burke's comp was to Karyia (however in very different eras). Your point on liking and being good on the forecheck is regardless of position, that's a teams system.
I don't think anyone could argue that what he becomes will be dictated by his own play. However Nazem's tendencies for excessive east-west movement is that of a centre, his play-reading ability is best utilized in the middle, add in his smaller frame and questionable defensive zone game (at the moment) and it makes sense to see how he transitions with some wing time. Now take in team circumstance with Connolly, Grabovski, Bozak eating up the big minutes and offensive opportunities and it becomes logical to test his game at the wing, now it'll be interesting to see if it's the on or off wing, VERY different to play.
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

facey wroteCOLONWell... Burke's own description of Nazem is at odds with what you've described, aside from the tidbit about his own end; blueline forward he's a natural centre, Burke's comp was to Karyia (however in very different eras). Your point on liking and being good on the forecheck is regardless of position, that's a teams system.
I don't think anyone could argue that what he becomes will be dictated by his own play. However Nazem's tendencies for excessive east-west movement is that of a centre, his play-reading ability is best utilized in the middle, add in his smaller frame and questionable defensive zone game (at the moment) and it makes sense to see how he transitions with some wing time. Now take in team circumstance with Connolly, Grabovski, Bozak eating up the big minutes and offensive opportunities and it becomes logical to test his game at the wing, now it'll be interesting to see if it's the on or off wing, VERY different to play.
Straight from the horse's mouth:
Q: Brian does Nazem slot in as a winger at training camp?"
A: Yes, probably. What we ask our centers to do at both ends of the rink are not his strong suits but he can stop up and make a play.
Burke's comparison to Kariya was blueline in. Which I don't disagree with.
Scott
PostsCOLON 7701
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:21 pm
LocationCOLON London, Ontario

Post by Scott »

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLON
A: Yes, probably. What we ask our centers to do at both ends of the rink are not his strong suits but he can stop up and make a play.
Love this.. and it definitely endorses how I see Kadri. In junior, he could basically do what he wanted. Also, in junior, it isn't as much of a neutral zone game as the NHL is so really, he could have the puck on his stick and weave in and out of traffic in any zone. So him playing C was better suited because Hunter wanted the puck on his stick. In the NHL, Kadri's take-away abilities and his quick stick will serve him well at the blueline in the D zone and his tenacity on the fore-check will be appreciated by teammates for many years.

BACK-TO-BACK BBKL CHAMPIONS!!! 2009-2010 & 2010-2011
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

KapG wroteCOLONHeres a different source where he is discussed. You'll like this source more.

There are many posts regarding Langenbrunner but I don't feel like looking them up (some of the threads are like 200 pages for crying out loud lol).
Same deal, I'm not big on rumor..The one exception was the Richards/Carter fiasco, and that was due primarily to the fact that I couldn't explain the trade save for the rumors being true. Which isn't great justification in itself.
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908

Post by KapG »

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLON
KapG wroteCOLONHeres a different source where he is discussed. You'll like this source more.

Same deal, I'm not big on rumor..The one exception was the Richards/Carter fiasco, and that was due primarily to the fact that I couldn't explain the trade save for the rumors being true. Which isn't great justification in itself.

That's cool man.

I guess we can put this one to bed for now? :lol:.
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

The Devil wroteCOLON
MSP4LYFE wroteCOLON
Love this.. and it definitely endorses how I see Kadri. In junior, he could basically do what he wanted. Also, in junior, it isn't as much of a neutral zone game as the NHL is so really, he could have the puck on his stick and weave in and out of traffic in any zone. So him playing C was better suited because Hunter wanted the puck on his stick. In the NHL, Kadri's take-away abilities and his quick stick will serve him well at the blueline in the D zone and his tenacity on the fore-check will be appreciated by teammates for many years.
Simply put, playing Kadri on the wing allows him to be more agressive, and take a few more chances on the counter attack than he could at center.
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

KapG wroteCOLONThat's cool man.

I guess we can put this one to bed for now? :lol:.
Sounds good to me.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to