Scott
PostsCOLON 7701
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:21 pm
LocationCOLON London, Ontario

Re: NHL Transactions - Injuries and More Injuries

Post by Scott »

facey wroteCOLON
The Devil wroteCOLON
facey wroteCOLONlol... 26million/5 years = 5.2 annual cap hit.

They better hope the first third of the season was the player Big Buff is, that's serious payment for his recent (past 20 games?) play.
Bad contract imo.. take Buffy's shot away you take him away. Absolute liability in the D zone.
I agree Scott, he's 3.25-4.35 range... so many flaws in his game, but he does have wicked physical skillz.
Absolutely.. and they needed to lock up Buff for their fan base. Hopefully it works out for the best.

BACK-TO-BACK BBKL CHAMPIONS!!! 2009-2010 & 2010-2011
Scott
PostsCOLON 7701

Post by Scott »

so apparently when Burke was on that Boston radio station 98.5, when the host mentioned trying to acquire our 1st back/trading with Boston, Burke immediately starting talking about Kabs being traded to Boston. Then Cam Neely was on the same station afterwards and talked about a trade that was "really close" to being done. Interesting

Nick
PostsCOLON 16044
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:15 am

Post by Nick »

The Devil wroteCOLONso apparently when Burke was on that Boston radio station 98.5, when the host mentioned trying to acquire our 1st back/trading with Boston, Burke immediately starting talking about Kabs being traded to Boston. Then Cam Neely was on the same station afterwards and talked about a trade that was "really close" to being done. Interesting
Not entirely accurate.

Burke immediately said that he won't talk about Kaberle, so if that's the question the answer is he won't talk about it.

He also said that they are in talks with boston, but its not in regards to the 5th overall pick (ours).
Scott
PostsCOLON 7701

Post by Scott »

facey wroteCOLON
The Devil wroteCOLONso apparently when Burke was on that Boston radio station 98.5, when the host mentioned trying to acquire our 1st back/trading with Boston, Burke immediately starting talking about Kabs being traded to Boston. Then Cam Neely was on the same station afterwards and talked about a trade that was "really close" to being done. Interesting
Not entirely accurate.

Burke immediately said that he won't talk about Kaberle, so if that's the question the answer is he won't talk about it.

He also said that they are in talks with boston, but its not in regards to the 5th overall pick (ours).
I'm listening to the interview now. The host asks if the talks involve getting our 1st back, Burke says no.. then the host asks if Burke could elaborate further and Burke starts in with Kabs. The host never brought up his name at all. He did mention that Kabs agent asked to stay quiet and not talk about possibilities for sure. Very interesting stuff.

Scott
PostsCOLON 7701

Post by Scott »

For anyone who hasn't heard the interviews and would like to. Even at the beginning of the Neely bit the host touches on the fact he never brought up Kabs being moved.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2011/02/15/f ... th-bruins/ Brian Burke
http://boston.cbslocal.com/2011/02/15/f ... -deadline/ Cam Neely

inferno31
PostsCOLON 1805
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:15 pm
LocationCOLON NYC

Post by inferno31 »

Brodeur on IR
Roster
armandtanzarian

Post by armandtanzarian »

The Devil wroteCOLONFor anyone who hasn't heard the interviews and would like to. Even at the beginning of the Neely bit the host touches on the fact he never brought up Kabs being moved.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2011/02/15/f ... th-bruins/ Brian Burke
http://boston.cbslocal.com/2011/02/15/f ... -deadline/ Cam Neely
I fucking love Neely. I did name my son after him. :mrgreen: I love when Neely was asked about Mario's comments and he basically called him a hypocrite and how can anyone disagree? I also am gaining a lot more respect for Burke. The guy has a different style but he does deserve credit for the pride he carries and how he handles himself. Wilson on the other hand....
armandtanzarian

Wtf...

SunGarrioch Bruce Garrioch
Chris Kelly is expected to be dealt to Boston for a pick

So Bergeron, Campbell, Krejci, Seguin...Kelly? Will Kelly be a winger? im baffled..
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by Shep »

mr. bruin wroteCOLONWtf...

So Bergeron, Campbell, Krejci, Seguin...Kelly? Will Kelly be a winger? im baffled..
Krejci being moved.
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
inferno31
PostsCOLON 1805
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:15 pm
LocationCOLON NYC

Post by inferno31 »

Seguin benched. Kelly can play some wing though, think he'll fit in with the Sens. Lots of kaberle talk floating around.
Roster
armandtanzarian

Snipeshow wroteCOLON

Krejci being moved.
No way...not a chance. Seguin will prob be benched. Everyone is saying Wheeler and 1st to TO for Kaberle...Kelly is fill in for Wheeler. Or Boychuk being moved? he didnt play tonight for first time this year..who the fuck knows. my fantasy team is getting beat up hard...
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044

Post by Nick »

Unless it's a trade w/extension I'd be amazed if Burkie got Wheeler + a 1st for Kaberle... although it is close to the dream return (colbourne + wheeler).

- No way Krecji gets traded, he's their best offensive centre

- I hope for Seguin's sake they don't bench him

---> leads me to believe there is a body leaving the bruins, and i hope its Wheeler to the leafs.
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 4:22 pm
LocationCOLON Mississauga, Ontario
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

I'm really hoping the Leafs can find a way to get Spooner, I haven't seen much of him myself, but a pro scout I know from co-op (St. Mikes) was telling me that Ryan Sooner was (in his opinon) is a cant miss prospect, this was pre-draft. At the time I didn't think much of it, but I've heard more than a few people remark that Spooner is one of the top prospects in the CHL right now, if not the best.
Scott
PostsCOLON 7701

Post by Scott »

facey wroteCOLONUnless it's a trade w/extension I'd be amazed if Burkie got Wheeler + a 1st for Kaberle... although it is close to the dream return (colbourne + wheeler).

- No way Krecji gets traded, he's their best offensive centre

- I hope for Seguin's sake they don't bench him

---> leads me to believe there is a body leaving the bruins, and i hope its Wheeler to the leafs.
It looks that way.. which is better then nothing I guess.. I'd rather something then nothing for sure.

Nick
PostsCOLON 16044

Post by Nick »

What's not to like about Blake? Especially in terms of what the leafs "need" or want.

Young. Check.
Big. Check.
Top6. Should be.

Offensive numbers aren't ideal, but if they were he wouldn't be for trade.
Scott
PostsCOLON 7701

Post by Scott »

facey wroteCOLONWhat's not to like about Blake? Especially in terms of what the leafs "need" or want.

Young. Check.
Big. Check.
Top6. Should be.

Not disagreeing here.. I just don't think Wheeler has the right personality to play in Toronto.. I think he'll get eaten alive here. But who knows. That's all I meant by something's better then nothing. He's as soft as a typical Russian in a giant body who can't score. Hopefully, if we do acquire him he turns it around..

MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 4:22 pm
LocationCOLON Mississauga, Ontario
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

facey wroteCOLONWhat's not to like about Blake? Especially in terms of what the leafs "need" or want.

Young. Check.
Big. Check.
Top6. Should be.

Are you really that surprised? Most people do their scouting on hockeydb, which is why the response to a player who has mediocre to poor numbers is almost always negative, despite the skillset, size, or potential.
shooker
PostsCOLON 4382
JoinedCOLON Thu May 13, 2010 11:05 am

Post by shooker »

Are you really that surprised? Most people do their scouting on hockeydb, which is why the response to a player who has mediocre to poor numbers is almost always negative, despite the skillset, size, or potential.[/quote]

I personally dont like wheeler because his give a shit meter seems to be no existant. The skill set is there but I see no signs of him putting it together. maybe a move and an angry, bitter, narscissistic coach will somehow be able to light a fire under his ass.
armandtanzarian

shooker wroteCOLONAre you really that surprised? Most people do their scouting on hockeydb, which is why the response to a player who has mediocre to poor numbers is almost always negative, despite the skillset, size, or potential.
I personally dont like wheeler because his give a shit meter seems to be no existant. The skill set is there but I see no signs of him putting it together. maybe a move and an angry, bitter, narscissistic coach will somehow be able to light a fire under his ass.[/quote]

Seems to be a few of these guys on the Bruins and it is starting to show. One reason i LOVE the Kelly trade. He gives it 110% every damn game win or lose...Wheeler, not so much. He looks like he tries hard but the result isnt there. Need to clear out a few of these dont give a fuck guys. I actually think he would be great in TO, for awhile, then he would get eaten alive.
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by Shep »

What bry said.

That's my issue.

Care a bit.
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
BUTTON_POST_REPLY