BUTTON_POST_REPLY
Scott
PostsCOLON 7701
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:21 pm
LocationCOLON London, Ontario

Re: NHL Transactions - lots of dmen injuries

Post by Scott »

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLON
mr. bruin wroteCOLONFUCK! bye Savard. You almost made a comeback...
Meh, he wasn't the same player anyways.

But yeah, it looks like this season is over for him, perhaps the career too.
What happened to Savvy?

BACK-TO-BACK BBKL CHAMPIONS!!! 2009-2010 & 2010-2011
armandtanzarian

Post by armandtanzarian »

Face first into the boards from hit, had to be helped off ice. Wobbly even in tunnel.
bills09
PostsCOLON 9280
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:10 pm
LocationCOLON Pickering, Ontario

Post by bills09 »

*phew* nearly traded for him last week
Scott
PostsCOLON 7701

Post by Scott »

Daren Millard is saying/rumoring Evgeni Nabokov will be suspended for the remainder of the season and if so they'll "toll" his contract into next season. This all means that the Nabokov will owe the Isles a season before becoming a free agent again. He should just play for them.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/8aqni9

MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 4:22 pm
LocationCOLON Mississauga, Ontario
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

Wow...What a bitch move by the Isles, I can't imagine this will make them an attractive destination for impending FA's.
bills09
PostsCOLON 9280
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:10 pm
LocationCOLON Pickering, Ontario

Post by bills09 »

what a douche move by Garth Snow.
Tony
PostsCOLON 11222
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 10:29 pm
LocationCOLON Nevada

Post by Tony »

what a douche move by Nabokov - you're not Patrick Roy, motherfucker ...
Click banner to view current roster and picks
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Why did the Islanders even bother claiming him? I'm not bitter that it went down like that...I doubted the Wings be able to get him but who are the Islanders fooling? That's a franchise not many players want a part of...Nabokov included. I'm not holding my breath to think he can still end up in Detroit...I think that ship sailed.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
Scott
PostsCOLON 7701

Post by Scott »

Shoalzie wroteCOLONWhy did the Islanders even bother claiming him? I'm not bitter that it went down like that...I doubted the Wings be able to get him but who are the Islanders fooling? That's a franchise not many players want a part of...Nabokov included. I'm not holding my breath to think he can still end up in Detroit...I think that ship sailed.
Because they need a goalie? Real simple!

Shep
PostsCOLON 13901
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by Shep »

lmao.
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
Scott
PostsCOLON 7701

Post by Scott »

bills09 wroteCOLONwhat a douche move by Garth Snow.
LOL, trying to improve his team? I disagree.. Nabokov's the douche here

MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

I disagree, douche move by snow, Nabakov sent out an email to all teams asking for an opportunity to contend, the Isles are out of the hunt, there was no way he was ever going to report, and Snow knew that.
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by Shep »

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLONI disagree, douche move by snow, Nabakov sent out an email to all teams asking for an opportunity to contend, the Isles are out of the hunt, there was no way he was ever going to report, and Snow knew that.
I didn't know about that.

That's brutal.
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
Scott
PostsCOLON 7701

Post by Scott »

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLONI disagree, douche move by snow, Nabakov sent out an email to all teams asking for an opportunity to contend, the Isles are out of the hunt, there was no way he was ever going to report, and Snow knew that.
So Snow should do Nabokov and the Wings a favour? Fuck that.. I love what Snow did and I bet 28 other NHL Gms do too

Tony
PostsCOLON 11222
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 10:29 pm
LocationCOLON Nevada

Post by Tony »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxkdmL3iMCY[/youtube]

Cry me a fucking river ... this douche used to be my favorite player
Click banner to view current roster and picks
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

The Devil wroteCOLONSo Snow should do Nabokov and the Wings a favour? Fuck that.. I love what Snow did and I bet 28 other NHL Gms do too
Who is doing the Wings a favor? There were at least 3 other teams who put in a claim, and the Wings success has absolutely no barring on the Isles, now or moving forward. Snow knew Nabakov wouldn't play for him, but he signed him anyways with the intention of threatening Nabakov to play this season or risk missing out on future seasons in the NHL, bitch move...

I will only retract my claim if Snow places Nabakov on waivers or opts against black mailing Nabakov into playing with the Isles this season, as has been rumored.
Scott
PostsCOLON 7701

Post by Scott »

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLON
The Devil wroteCOLONSo Snow should do Nabokov and the Wings a favour? Fuck that.. I love what Snow did and I bet 28 other NHL Gms do too
Who is doing the Wings a favor? There were at least 3 other teams who put in a claim, and the Wings success has absolutely no barring on the Isles, now or moving forward. Snow knew Nabakov wouldn't play for him, but he signed him anyways with the intention of threatening Nabakov to play this season or risk missing out on future seasons in the NHL, bitch move...

I will only retract my claim if Snow places Nabakov on waivers or opts against black mailing Nabakov into playing with the Isles this season, as has been rumored.
Ok, so he should help out other teams out there and let a free wallet sneak by to go to a possible contender? Nabokov should wipe his ass and just play hockey. Snow has stated he was ready to give Nabokov an extension into next season. Nabokov is the fucking baby here, you don't leave for the KHL thinking it'll be better for you and come crawling back half way through the season.. fuck that little Russian fag. He wanted a contract, a chance to start, and a chance to compete for the SC. 2 out of 3 isn't bad considering his situation.

MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

The Devil wroteCOLONOk, so he should help out other teams out there and let a free wallet sneak by to go to a possible contender? Nabokov should wipe his ass and just play hockey. Snow has stated he was ready to give Nabokov an extension into next season. Nabokov is the fucking baby here, you don't leave for the KHL thinking it'll be better for you and come crawling back half way through the season.. fuck that little Russian fag. He wanted a contract, a chance to start, and a chance to compete for the SC. 2 out of 3 isn't bad considering his situation.
This "free wallet" is on his last legs, and whether or not he goes to a contender has no impact on the Islanders they aren't contenders themselves, nor are they in the same conference as Detroit, by the time they are ready to compete Nabakov will no longer be relevant in hockey. Furthermore, it was clear from the letter sent out to all general managers that Nabakov wasn't going to play for a rebuilding team. This claim makes sense for a playoff team in need of a starter, or a rival of Detroit, not the Islanders, IMO.
Scott
PostsCOLON 7701

Post by Scott »

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLON
The Devil wroteCOLONOk, so he should help out other teams out there and let a free wallet sneak by to go to a possible contender? Nabokov should wipe his ass and just play hockey. Snow has stated he was ready to give Nabokov an extension into next season. Nabokov is the fucking baby here, you don't leave for the KHL thinking it'll be better for you and come crawling back half way through the season.. fuck that little Russian fag. He wanted a contract, a chance to start, and a chance to compete for the SC. 2 out of 3 isn't bad considering his situation.
This "free wallet" is on his last legs, and whether or not he goes to a contender has no impact on the Islanders they aren't contenders themselves, nor are they in the same conference as Detroit, by the time they are ready to compete Nabakov will no longer be relevant in hockey. Furthermore, it was clear from the letter sent out to all general managers that Nabakov wasn't going to play for a rebuilding team. This claim makes sense for a playoff team in need of a starter, or a rival of Detroit, not the Islanders, IMO.
It's a battle, the Isles needed a goaltender. As much as everyone knows the Isles are out of the playoffs, they need to do something for their fans. Snow stated publicly that he had intentions of extending Nabokov, and who is to say the Islanders wouldn't contend next season? I'm not a psychic.

The claim had nothing to do with being a douche, it had everything to do with proving to the Islander fans that they want to improve and be a better team. Whether Nabokov wanted to play for them or not was irrelevant.

Scott
PostsCOLON 7701

Post by Scott »

So, Forsberg looking great at practice today. He's just trying to get used to the altitude and get into game shape. Hopefully the foot holds up, I'm thinking this is looking like it's gonna happen!!

BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to