BUTTON_POST_REPLY
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 4:22 pm
LocationCOLON Mississauga, Ontario
CONTACTCOLON

Re: NHL Transactions - lots of dmen injuries

Post by MSP4LYFE »

Raptactics wroteCOLONThis is 100% the truth. It's laughable imo that Wolski's even mention as close to having Semin's skill-set.
Wolski has just as good hands,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFh7N1Dy3Qw[/youtube]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjsFEmQiZj4[/youtube]
Scott
PostsCOLON 7701
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:21 pm
LocationCOLON London, Ontario

Post by Scott »

So stick handling between a few pucks while hardly moving your feet and a few shootout goals my 15 year old cousin could probably do proves he has the skill-set of Alex Semin? HAHAHA.. that's laughable too.

Lets see some in game highlights. I bet Semin's highlight reel owns Wolski's.. I'm just too lazy to look.

BACK-TO-BACK BBKL CHAMPIONS!!! 2009-2010 & 2010-2011
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Lee »

Aaron Volpatti is where it's at. I'll trade him for either of those bums.
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

Raptactics wroteCOLONSo stick handling between a few pucks while hardly moving your feet and a few shootout goals my 15 year old cousin could probably do proves he has the skill-set of Alex Semin? HAHAHA.. that's laughable too.

Lets see some in game highlights. I bet Semin's highlight reel owns Wolski's.. I'm just too lazy to look.
It demonstrates how good his hands are, there are no videos I could post that definitely prove his skill set is elite, you need to watch games to see that for yourself. The above is a sampling however, and yes I'd bet Semin's highlight reel owns Wolski, it probably owns Crosby too, who would you say has the better skill set?

Semin is in the perfect environment to utilize his skill set, I imagine Wolski would have great sucess on the Capitals clubs of seasons past as well, and conversely, I believe Semin would face similar struggles on the Coyotes. Again, I'm not saying he is the better player, just that his skill set is in the same class as players like Semin, with the obvious exception of his shot.
Last edited by 1 on MSP4LYFE, edited 0 times in total.
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

Raptactics wroteCOLONSo stick handling between a few pucks while hardly moving your feet and a few shootout goals my 15 year old cousin could probably do proves he has the skill-set of Alex Semin? HAHAHA.. that's laughable too.
I highly doubt anyone you know has that ability, even standing still.
Scott
PostsCOLON 7701

Post by Scott »

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLON

It demonstrates how good his hands are, there are no videos I could post that definitely prove his skill set is elite, you need to watch games to see that for yourself. The above is a sampling however, and yes I'd bet Semin's highlight reel owns Wolski, it probably owns Crosby too, who would you say has the better skill set?

Semin is in the perfect environment to utilize his skill set, I imagine Wolski would have great sucess on the Capitals clubs of seasons past as well, and conversely, I believe Semin would face similar struggles on the Coyotes.
Maybe.. maybe not.

As for Crosby he obviously has the better skill-set but he also has the work ethic and bigger "heart". We're talking Wolski and Semin. There are a lot of other variables that come in to the conversation when talking about Sid and skills. Sure, Semin's had the better teammates over the past few seasons but I'm sure Wolski's play as many minutes as Semin has. Also, I'm sure in Semins highlight reels, it's a lot of Semin dangling and demonstrating his amazing skill. He's just one lazy motherfucker and when he's not playing well he's really not playing well.

I just really don't like Wolski.. never have. He's a talented guy but he's soft, a defensive liability (most nights), and is no where near as good as he should be. Who knows, maybe Torts lights a fire under his ass and he drops the attitude and plays hockey.. we'll see.

Scott
PostsCOLON 7701

Post by Scott »

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLON
You'd be surprised. My little cousin (he's 11 right now, soon to be 12) is playing with 14-16 year old kids, and scoring every game. I'm not sure of his stats right now, I'd have to ask my Uncle but I know he's at minimum a goal a game. The kid's looking promising. He can dangle too.. he's already better then me LOL

bills09
PostsCOLON 9280
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:10 pm
LocationCOLON Pickering, Ontario

Post by bills09 »

Raptactics wroteCOLON
MSP4LYFE wroteCOLON
You'd be surprised. My little cousin (he's 11 right now, soon to be 12) is playing with 14-16 year old kids, and scoring every game. I'm not sure of his stats right now, I'd have to ask my Uncle but I know he's at minimum a goal a game. The kid's looking promising. He can dangle too.. he's already better then me LOL
do you know what level hes playing at out of curiousity.
Scott
PostsCOLON 7701

Post by Scott »

bills09 wroteCOLON
Raptactics wroteCOLON
MSP4LYFE wroteCOLON
do you know what level hes playing at out of curiousity.
I know he's playing higher then just your typical All-Star league. I'll get the info from my Uncle and get back to you.

MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

I don't doubt that he's good Scott, but there aren't many NHL'ers that can stickhandle like that, lol.
inferno31
PostsCOLON 1805
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:15 pm
LocationCOLON NYC

Brunnstrom a Leaf

Post by inferno31 »

Fabian Brunnstrom Traded to the Leafs for Stefanovich
Roster
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

Going to play for the Marlies against Abbotsford tomorrow, apparently he needs to clear re-entry waiver before he can be called up.
inferno31
PostsCOLON 1805
LocationCOLON NYC

Post by inferno31 »

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLONGoing to play for the Marlies against Abbotsford tomorrow, apparently he needs to clear re-entry waiver before he can be called up.
Prob get a chance as an injury call up or something during the season. Seems like a Dallas Eakins project, based off his say they'll prob decide if he gets a new deal or not.
Roster
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

Per Joe Nieuwendyk,
For the Stars, a team needing to stay fiscally prudent in the wake of ownership uncertainty, it sheds a one-way contract from their payroll. Brunnstrom was playing for their Iowa Stars affiliate, and of late, had been producing pretty well - six goals in the past six games.

“Our coaches down there said he’s been their best player for awhile now,” said Stars’ general manager Joe Nieuwendyk. “He’s a big, strong kid with top-six skill level, but he wasn’t going to get that chance in our organization with James Neal and Jamie Benn playing ahead of him. It’s a very good deal Toronto. Maybe a fresh start is what he needs.”

Burke suggested that Brunnstrom gives the Leafs an “NHL-skill level call-up guy,” which the team lacked at the moment.
Scott
PostsCOLON 7701

Post by Scott »

Thankfully, Ryan O'Reilly only out "a couple weeks" after injuring his shoulder. No surgery required.

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_17113412

armandtanzarian

Post by armandtanzarian »

Too Bad for Whitney. sucks.

D Ryan Whitney is likely gone for the season. The defenseman is having surgery on his right ankle -- a dislocated tendon -- and it's expected that the repairs will keep him out for months. "He's going to need surgery of some kind, but we don't know a time frame until the doctor gets in there Monday to assess how much repair (is necessary)," said Oilers general manager Steve Tambellini, adding the initial reports don't look good. "All we know is it's going to be a good amount of time." Whitney was leading the Oilers in ice time, points and plus-minus when he caught his skate in a rut Dec. 28 and felt something pop.
(Yahoo! Sports)
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828

Post by Lee »

Sucks for sure. Not like I'm competing anyways.
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828

Post by Lee »

Poor St Louis..

Nashville claimed Svatos
San Jose claimed Wellfed
armandtanzarian

Post by armandtanzarian »

Kezia wroteCOLONPoor St Louis..

Nashville claimed Svatos
San Jose claimed Wellfed
HAHA...thats awesome!
inferno31
PostsCOLON 1805
LocationCOLON NYC

Post by inferno31 »

Sharks get Eager from Atlanta for a 5th, and Scott Nichol suspended 4 games.
Roster
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to